Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #351 (permalink)

Say Heel-o to another victory. Let's do this new boss.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #352 (permalink)

so, Corbin is sspd for a bit. here's the skinny via PM on the next task to keep things rolling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3
saw a nasty rumor that you got suspended. if ya want, hit me with the next task and i'll post it in the thread.

Very good sir, that is an excellent suggestion.

DBO - For the next task we are teamed up with Disney to name and market the next big roller coaster at Disney Land. You'll need to name it, theme it, and come up with a multimedia marketing campaign to kick it off. Keep it mind that you are marketing it to families.
will edit in the deadline when he hits me with it.

Deadline - Tuesday Night

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 09-06-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #353 (permalink)

Alright guys, lets get some ideas going....

wonder what happened to our host to get suspended
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #354 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
Alright guys, lets get some ideas going....

wonder what happened to our host to get suspended
Some idiot reported him.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #355 (permalink)
Banned

How about tigger's big bounce? It'll be one of those giant drop rides
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #356 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I think we should do some sort of interactive ride/rollercoaster, using The Lion King as a theme. Imagine the immersive 3D capabilities a stampede and final brawl could be like.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #357 (permalink)

fyi, deadline is Tuesday. just got it from him.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #358 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
How about tigger's big bounce? It'll be one of those giant drop rides
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I think we should do some sort of interactive ride/rollercoaster, using The Lion King as a theme. Imagine the immersive 3D capabilities a stampede and final brawl could be like.
Definitely a fan of both of these. And as for the second one, I'm really surprised they don't have a Lion King ride. I also don't believe they have an Aladdin ride which could also be pretty awesome, working in the magic carpet or something and bringing the Genie to life interactively.

I think I kind of picture something like Spiderman or Terminator at Universal Studios in terms of interaction.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #359 (permalink)

i'll have some ideas later or tomorrow

Old 09-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #360 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
really like this
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #361 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I like this idea.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #362 (permalink)

Okay, boss. Here's my first idea to get things rolling:

A princess themed kiddie roller coaster. The Disney princess are among the most popular of all of the company's characters. Perhaps the ride could be sectioned off according to the stories of each particular princess.

Just a thought for now. What ideas do the rest of you guys have?
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #363 (permalink)

Can we work "The Circle of Life" into the name somehow if we go Lion King? I think it might go good with the idea of a coaster and a looping track.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #364 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Can we work "The Circle of Life" into the name somehow if we go Lion King? I think it might go good with the idea of a coaster and a looping track.
We could go as simple as Simba's Circle of life...possible parts of the coaster...

1) starts going up slowly, small drop, couple easy twists, then goes up higher and when it comes down, both sides have filmed or robotic stampede....after that it zooms towards a billboard of the hyenas and as it gets closer, the middle of the billboard opens up and the coaster zooms through.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #365 (permalink)

also, another thought is the whole superhero thing, since all these marvel movie have come out...everybody gets a cape and mask to put on before they get strapped in
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #366 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
Simba's Circle of life
That's fantastic. I'm a fan of the name.

As for the other stuff, trying to visualize it more. I'm almost picturing it as an indoor coaster like rock n' roller coaster or something because the darkness may lend itself better to images and graphics. Of course we don't want to start seizures and indoor coasters don't always seem to get as much popularity, so not sure my idea is the best idea. But throwing it out there.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #367 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
That's fantastic. I'm a fan of the name.

As for the other stuff, trying to visualize it more. I'm almost picturing it as an indoor coaster like rock n' roller coaster or something because the darkness may lend itself better to images and graphics. Of course we don't want to start seizures and indoor coasters don't always seem to get as much popularity, so not sure my idea is the best idea. But throwing it out there.
Definitely indoor, with screens surrounding you. Imagine being in the middle of the stampede, ducking, weaving, and dodging 3D wildebeests from all sides. We can have speakers in the seats that play realistic animal noises, as if they're approaching from behind. Oh yeah, riders are in Dbox-like seats, except these are on Balco quality roids.

Simba's Circle of Life is good, but maybe too vague or passive a title for what I'm picturing.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #368 (permalink)

Quote:
Definitely indoor, with screens surrounding you. Imagine being in the middle of the stampede, ducking, weaving, and dodging 3D wildebeests from all sides. We can have speakers in the seats that play realistic animal noises, as if they're approaching from behind. Oh yeah, riders are in Dbox-like seats, except these are on Balco quality roids.

Simba's Circle of Life is good, but maybe too vague or passive a title for what I'm picturing.
Since its going to be indoor/partly animated we should go all out and integrate Toy Story and Finding Nemo into the ride. They all kind of run together anyway being that they are all in some sort of jungle/swamp/little boys room. That would be the 3 highest grossing animated disney movies of all time mashed together with the theme of the ride being what is likely the most recognizable disney movie of all time.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #369 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Since its going to be indoor/partly animated we should go all out and integrate Toy Story and Finding Nemo into the ride. They all kind of run together anyway being that they are all in some sort of jungle/swamp/little boys room. That would be the 3 highest grossing animated disney movies of all time mashed together with the theme of the ride being what is likely the most recognizable disney movie of all time.
I like where you're going with this. Maybe we don't run them all at once, but rotate themes depending on time of year, or time of day, even. We can capitalize on our investment many times over.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #370 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Okay, boss. Here's my first idea to get things rolling:

A princess themed kiddie roller coaster. The Disney princess are among the most popular of all of the company's characters. Perhaps the ride could be sectioned off according to the stories of each particular princess.

Just a thought for now. What ideas do the rest of you guys have?
How about a 3 way roller coaster? Could be 3 seats in each row that break off into 3 separate seats onto 3 different tracks.

One for the kids to see some sort of animation of the story behind a few different movies

One for the dads that shows the more "erotic" side of the princesses

& one for the moms that has all of the Princes being "erotic" as well

Can be called... The 3 Faces of Disney or some crap like that....
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #371 (permalink)

Hmm we are relying on the word of the opponent about the next challenge? And its due date? For how much longer is the Donald suspended?
Old 09-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #372 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Hmm we are relying on the word of the opponent about the next challenge? And its due date? For how much longer is the Donald suspended?
He's back but on probation...
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #373 (permalink)

I quoted it straight from the PM. really no reason to make that up i guess. PM him yourself and ask (he can receive and reply to PMs).

and team, I'm feeling extremely under the weather today. I'll catch up on the ideas posted and see which direction we're headed and contribute.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #374 (permalink)

I kind of like the mash up too. I'm a little torn because I like the idea of getting all the best parts of the Lion King in one Lion King ride, but I do think we could make a lot more money with the mash up of sorts.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #375 (permalink)

We can abbreviate the whole movie into 15, maybe 20 minutes.

It's a must to start with the opening scene, as that's one of the key points of the movie, right out of the gate. The audience represents the animals below Pride Rock, observing the corronation (sp?) of Simba as the next king. Pride Rock is a prominent 3D structure, popping out of the screen, "touchable," speakers on each seat making different animal noises as Rafiki approaches the end of the Rock, ready to present Prince Simba.

Movie flashes through in some fantastic way the various colorful and movement-heavy scenes, including every song in the movie, from "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" (tons of movement and colorful imaging), to the score by Scar and the Hyenas in the elephant graveyard (thinking temperature changes in this part to capture the darkness of the scene).

You're then lead to the climax of the movie, where Scar informs Mufasa that Simba is stuck in the gorge with the stampede going on, and this is probably the most intense portion of the ride. Tons of environmental noise, 3D dust kicking up, wildebeests surround on each side of the theater, tons of seat movement, ending with Simba seeing Mufasa laying on the ground, lifeless, breathless. This is followed by more movement, as Simba is chased out of the gorge, and into the vast emptyness outside the borders of the Pridelands.

Enter some REALLY awesome scenes with Timon and Pumbaa, including two key songs, "Hakuna Matata," and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." Nala comes in at some point to discover Simba is alive, Rafiki follows. Another chase scene comes alive, as Simba follows Rafiki to the watering hole, where I think imagery meets a whole new level. Imagine the temperature in the theater at this point to be very comfortable, dark, and a 3D image of Mufasa in the clouds appears, telling Simba to always remember who he is. Simba realizes his place, and decides to head back.

Cut to the final scenes, where Sarabi and Simba meet up, and Simba and Scar get into the epic battle. Pride Rock again, the main 3D image here, with Simba and Scar fighting around it. Then, on the final move, you take the perspective of Simba, with Scar lunging at you, you barrel roll him off you, and boom, down into the fire to be dealt with by the hyenas. Simba then progresses, at the nudging of the lionesses, to take his place as King, and makes the symbolic walk up the Rock. Rain starts to fall (perhaps drizzles of water fall from the ceiling or chairs), and things start to brighten up.

The ride closes with the next corronation of Kiara, Simba and Nala's daughter.

Edit: Parks are always looking for ways to ease the tension on rides, and long wait times are the number one reason people complain. If we run this ride on a schedule, say, every 30 minutes, it eases a little bit of tension and makes people happy. Plus, it gives them an extended amount of time off their feet, and a little bit of excitement mixed with the much needed rest. ALSO, we can run more than one theater at a time.

Last edited by tajikey; 09-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.