Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #376 (permalink)

Just a suggestion to my team. The coaster's ride should be no more than 3 minutes long or so with some type of entertainment for the people who are waiting in line. The quicker the visitors can get on the ride, the happier they'll be.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #377 (permalink)

Team 9 guys...

I think focusing on one movie and keeping it simple is best. I say that Finding Nemo is a great movie to use. I know they have the submarine ride, but I would use a water ride that incorporates 3D and an actual coaster. It can follow the story, featuring the devil ray instructor as he guides you through the adventure in finding nemo. It would feature shark attacks within the ship, the school of jelly fish, and attack by the pelicans all in 3D. It would also feature a drop through the East Australian Current that creates a splash that soaks people waiting in line. It would be pretty quick, visually stunning and have a little excitement with drops.

I don't know if this will explain the ride: But passengers are in mini submarines with the track taking you through a tube. The walls of the tube are screens that would display the 3D images and feature sprays of water and sound bites. Once you exit the tube, that's when you drop and make a splash.

Last edited by Nodie27; 09-07-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Nodie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #378 (permalink)

DBO - The information provided by Clark was correct. Good luck to both teams.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #379 (permalink)

Roadkill - thinking about tajikey's suggestion, what if we made the beginning of the movie (Simba held up, all that good stuff) a video thing for the people in line to watch. Maybe like 10 minutes or 15 minutes looping, and we could amp it up with some James Earl Jones voiceover, and then the ride wouldn't be quite as long so we could get more rides into the average day. The only downsides I see are sometimes looping blows (i.e. a 2 hour line with a 10 minute video, you see that video 12 times) and the ride may then start out darker since you kinda jump straight into Scar. But it makes the ride take on sort of a Simba vs. Scar/evil feel too.
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #380 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
Team 9 guys...

I think focusing on one movie and keeping it simple is best. I say that Finding Nemo is a great movie to use. I know they have the submarine ride, but I would use a water ride that incorporates 3D and an actual coaster. It can follow the story, featuring the devil ray instructor as he guides you through the adventure in finding nemo. It would feature shark attacks within the ship, the school of jelly fish, and attack by the pelicans all in 3D. It would also feature a drop through the East Australian Current that creates a splash that soaks people waiting in line. It would be pretty quick, visually stunning and have a little excitement with drops.

I don't know if this will explain the ride: But passengers are in mini submarines with the track taking you through a tube. The walls of the tube are screens that would display the 3D images and feature sprays of water and sound bites. Once you exit the tube, that's when you drop and make a splash.
Damn good idea.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #381 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Team 9 guys...

Nice but how about the ride goes through an actual aquarium in the water with the sea animals? would be sweet or can do 3d animation + aquarium....what you guys think?
Old 09-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #382 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
Nice but how about the ride goes through an actual aquarium in the water with the sea animals? would be sweet or can do 3d animation + aquarium....what you guys think?
Yeah that sounds good. Maybe start and end in an aquarium that way people waiting in line can view as well.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #383 (permalink)

I'll be shooting PM's to my team this weekend with any ideas I come up with!
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #384 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
i like this idea as well i think the idea of using real fish would be good for adults and using the animated characters from nemo would be great for the kids as well.. also maybe as you go through the aquarium you coudl have Dory be like a tour guide and be pointing out all the different kinds of fish or something... the seat for the ride could be like a Turtle Shell or maybe like a Sharks mouth like you being Eaten as you go for the ride

another idea that woudl be similar to this woudl be to use a submarine as the ride car and be closed in and go through the aquarium but inside the sub would be a screen that the Characters from Nemo would show up on to take you on tour or help you Escape from the Sharks and there would be windows so that you would be able to look out into the aquarium as the ride went along

9 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #385 (permalink)

Team 9 Guys - although I am not well-versed in Nemo I am liking the sounds of this - wondering what our PM thinks??
Old 09-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #386 (permalink)

Thought I'd round up the gist of our team's thoughts so far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
We could go as simple as Simba's Circle of life...possible parts of the coaster...

1) starts going up slowly, small drop, couple easy twists, then goes up higher and when it comes down, both sides have filmed or robotic stampede....after that it zooms towards a billboard of the hyenas and as it gets closer, the middle of the billboard opens up and the coaster zooms through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
also, another thought is the whole superhero thing, since all these marvel movie have come out...everybody gets a cape and mask to put on before they get strapped in
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Definitely indoor, with screens surrounding you. Imagine being in the middle of the stampede, ducking, weaving, and dodging 3D wildebeests from all sides. We can have speakers in the seats that play realistic animal noises, as if they're approaching from behind. Oh yeah, riders are in Dbox-like seats, except these are on Balco quality roids.

Simba's Circle of Life is good, but maybe too vague or passive a title for what I'm picturing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Since its going to be indoor/partly animated we should go all out and integrate Toy Story and Finding Nemo into the ride. They all kind of run together anyway being that they are all in some sort of jungle/swamp/little boys room. That would be the 3 highest grossing animated disney movies of all time mashed together with the theme of the ride being what is likely the most recognizable disney movie of all time.
Quote:
I like where you're going with this. Maybe we don't run them all at once, but rotate themes depending on time of year, or time of day, even. We can capitalize on our investment many times over.
Quote:
We can abbreviate the whole movie into 15, maybe 20 minutes.

It's a must to start with the opening scene, as that's one of the key points of the movie, right out of the gate. The audience represents the animals below Pride Rock, observing the corronation (sp?) of Simba as the next king. Pride Rock is a prominent 3D structure, popping out of the screen, "touchable," speakers on each seat making different animal noises as Rafiki approaches the end of the Rock, ready to present Prince Simba.

Movie flashes through in some fantastic way the various colorful and movement-heavy scenes, including every song in the movie, from "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" (tons of movement and colorful imaging), to the score by Scar and the Hyenas in the elephant graveyard (thinking temperature changes in this part to capture the darkness of the scene).

You're then lead to the climax of the movie, where Scar informs Mufasa that Simba is stuck in the gorge with the stampede going on, and this is probably the most intense portion of the ride. Tons of environmental noise, 3D dust kicking up, wildebeests surround on each side of the theater, tons of seat movement, ending with Simba seeing Mufasa laying on the ground, lifeless, breathless. This is followed by more movement, as Simba is chased out of the gorge, and into the vast emptyness outside the borders of the Pridelands.

Enter some REALLY awesome scenes with Timon and Pumbaa, including two key songs, "Hakuna Matata," and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." Nala comes in at some point to discover Simba is alive, Rafiki follows. Another chase scene comes alive, as Simba follows Rafiki to the watering hole, where I think imagery meets a whole new level. Imagine the temperature in the theater at this point to be very comfortable, dark, and a 3D image of Mufasa in the clouds appears, telling Simba to always remember who he is. Simba realizes his place, and decides to head back.

Cut to the final scenes, where Sarabi and Simba meet up, and Simba and Scar get into the epic battle. Pride Rock again, the main 3D image here, with Simba and Scar fighting around it. Then, on the final move, you take the perspective of Simba, with Scar lunging at you, you barrel roll him off you, and boom, down into the fire to be dealt with by the hyenas. Simba then progresses, at the nudging of the lionesses, to take his place as King, and makes the symbolic walk up the Rock. Rain starts to fall (perhaps drizzles of water fall from the ceiling or chairs), and things start to brighten up.

The ride closes with the next corronation of Kiara, Simba and Nala's daughter.

Edit: Parks are always looking for ways to ease the tension on rides, and long wait times are the number one reason people complain. If we run this ride on a schedule, say, every 30 minutes, it eases a little bit of tension and makes people happy. Plus, it gives them an extended amount of time off their feet, and a little bit of excitement mixed with the much needed rest. ALSO, we can run more than one theater at a time.
Also I dig the ride idea by Tajikey, and I'm picturing the symbolic walk up the rock at the end in POV view. I think that would be fantastic.

So all we would need is a name (I know Simba's Circle of Life has been thrown around) and advertising. Maybe we could have a commercial where Simba "rides" parts of the coaster? Or a crossover where Simba and other major Disney movie characters (like Woody, Buzz, Nemo, etc.) ride with Simba and they all say catchphrasy things about how the ride was? Obviously with Simba as the focus since it's a Lion King ride.

Or we could go live action with Matthew Broderick/JTT/James Earl Jones making appearances or something.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #387 (permalink)

Simba's Circle of Life is pretty cool.

I wonder if it would be possible to make it more "interactive" or "4D". If you've ever been to Universal Studios and done hte Harry Potter Experience ride, basically you sit in a sideways car about 4 people deep. You are strapped in because this thing shakes and twists and turns etc to give you the feel of actually moving with what's happening in front of you. I.e there are parts where you dodge a dragon while Harry on his broom races just in front of you. Wind and water blows in your face and the ride moves and tilts you enough to trick your body into thinking you're moving like the screen is showing.

That's obviously a simplistic explanation, but if we could pull someting like that off with all of the awesome parts of the Lion King, i think it would be a huge hit.

And for the people in line, could do something like the old school star wars ride did back at Disney or the old Disaster Transport at Cedar Point (before they scrapped it), where you have stuff going on in the line room, Screens playing messages and conveyors moving random stuff. just things to get kids interested in while they wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3gn6cU2CY

that's a link to a rather long video with all the Harry Potter parts of Universal.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 09-08-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #388 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
Simba's Circle of Life is pretty cool.

I wonder if it would be possible to make it more "interactive" or "4D". If you've ever been to Universal Studios and done hte Harry Potter Experience ride, basically you sit in a sideways car about 6 people deep. You are strapped in because this thing shakes and twists and turns etc to give you the feel of actually moving with what's happening in front of you. I.e there are parts where you dodge a dragon while Harry on his broom races just in front of you. Wind blows in your face and the ride moves and tilts you enough to trick your body into thinking you're moving like the screen is showing.

That's obviously a simplistic explanation, but if we could pull someting like that off with all of the awesome parts of the Lion King, i think it would be a huge hit.

And for the people in line, could do something like the old school star wars ride did back at Disney or the old Disaster Transport at Cedar Point (before they scrapped it), where you have stuff going on in the line room, Screens playing messages and conveyors moving random stuff. just things to get kids interested in while they wait.
That end part about Disaster Transport (LOVED THAT RIDE) is kind of what I was thinking with the beginning Pride Rock video part being in line. But thinking it over, maybe it would be better to make the beginning like Timon and Pumba chatting with you, or get Rafiki in there a bit, something. Then when the ride starts you can start with Pride Rock and that opening melody to the first song, which would definitely get people amped for the ride.

Also just googled it - the opening part is - Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama

Means "Here comes a lion, Father
Oh yes, it's a lion"
Old 09-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #389 (permalink)

Catchphrase can be "Everywhere the light touches is a great time Simba". Just off the top of my head it could be better
Old 09-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #390 (permalink)

Mr. Trump, it appears that our PM is on yet another bender and we've not heard from him. Can his support staff organize the plan without him?
Old 09-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #391 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Mr. Trump, it appears that our PM is on yet another bender and we've not heard from him. Can his support staff organize the plan without him?
I thought we had until Tuesday? Out pm should be soberish by then
Old 09-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #392 (permalink)

DBO - You do have until Tuesday. Another member can present in their place if need be. But it will not bode well for the PM's standing if your team loses.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #393 (permalink)

If we don't get any info from our PM, does anyone want to volunteer to cobble something together with the Nemo idea we have on the table?
Old 09-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #394 (permalink)

Quote:
If we don't get any info from our PM, does anyone want to volunteer to cobble something together with the Nemo idea we have on the table?
We still have time so I think our pm will come through. It is the weekend so no worries. Worst case, I will volunteer to gather the groups ideas.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #395 (permalink)

Quote:
We still have time so I think our pm will come through. It is the weekend so no worries. Worst case, I will volunteer to gather the groups ideas.
OK, you're on record - we're counting on ya!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #396 (permalink)

Quote:
Team 9 guys...

Holy crap I wish I could be creative like you! I was thinking about something completely different - and stupid lol.
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #397 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmtampa View Post
Holy crap I wish I could be creative like you! I was thinking about something completely different - and stupid lol.
Share what you were thinking about. It might be pretty good. You just never know.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:51 AM   #398 (permalink)

Quote:
Share what you were thinking about. It might be pretty good. You just never know.
He's right. Speak your mind. There is no such thing as a dumb idea, the more people we have contributing the better!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 AM   #399 (permalink)

Hey Guys...

Sorry...

PM me with the final ideas please.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #400 (permalink)

So I came up with one idea that could incorporate all of our ideas and I go to disneyworld a lot so I think may e this would work in Disneyland to incorporate all of our ideas into one ride we do a log flame ride similar to splash mountain we call it Nemos Big Spalsh the story as you go though the ride could be helping Nemo find Dory and prove using real aquariums and then the animated characters in those aquariums and the the flume part at the end.

The tagline could be Come help Nemo make a Big Splash The preview for the ride could contain clips from the movie as well as clips of the ride and at the end it could say Do you have what it takes to help Nemo make a Big Splash

Just and idea feel free to tweak it or add to it

9 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote