Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #401 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnakaok View Post
So I came up with one idea that could incorporate all of our ideas and I go to disneyworld a lot so I think may e this would work in Disneyland to incorporate all of our ideas into one ride we do a log flame ride similar to splash mountain we call it Nemos Big Spalsh the story as you go though the ride could be helping Nemo find Dory and prove using real aquariums and then the animated characters in those aquariums and the the flume part at the end.

The tagline could be Come help Nemo make a Big Splash The preview for the ride could contain clips from the movie as well as clips of the ride and at the end it could say Do you have what it takes to help Nemo make a Big Splash

Just and idea feel free to tweak it or add to it
This is a good idea, too. Since Disneyland all ready has a log ride, it would be a great attraction for California Disney. Plus Cali Disney uses a lot of Pixar characters for its attractions (like Cars and A Bugs Life), so it would be a great fit for that particular park.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #402 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Share what you were thinking about. It might be pretty good. You just never know.
I was thinking something involving Toy Story since it's popular with all age groups. Maybe something where the ride has 2 coasters that are side by side, one being Woody and the other Buzz Lightyear. When they are about to drop they go separate ways and the Woody has to try and find Buddy, something like how it is in the movie. That's all I got lol
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #403 (permalink)

Default 9 Guys...Official Submission

Name: Nemo's Big Splash!

Theme: Similar to Splash Mountain, the theme will be Marlin and Nemo's adventure from Finding Nemo. The ride will feature an aquarium that everyone can enjoy from passengers waiting in line to families passing by. The ride itself will utilize 3D recreations of exciting scenes from the movie such as the escape from the sharks, the jellyfish dash, and the attack from the seagulls all while being guided by Dory and Mr. Ray. On top of the 3D, the ride will have mist sprays and drops to enhance the excitement. The end of the ride will feature a drop that will result in a significant splash to freedom.

The ride seems ideal for Disney's California Adventure and could lead to an entire Finding Nemo area that has water canons, mist, slides, and a more hands on section to the aquarium that gives children a closer look at ocean life.

Marketing would begin immediately with the re-release of Finding Nemo 3D and will be aided by the release of video games for multiplatforms from free apps and facebook games to Wii and PS3 featuring the same name: Nemo's Big Splash!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #404 (permalink)

Not a submission - just rounding up the thought in the 11th hour for Roadkill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
We can abbreviate the whole movie into 15, maybe 20 minutes.

It's a must to start with the opening scene, as that's one of the key points of the movie, right out of the gate. The audience represents the animals below Pride Rock, observing the corronation (sp?) of Simba as the next king. Pride Rock is a prominent 3D structure, popping out of the screen, "touchable," speakers on each seat making different animal noises as Rafiki approaches the end of the Rock, ready to present Prince Simba.

Movie flashes through in some fantastic way the various colorful and movement-heavy scenes, including every song in the movie, from "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" (tons of movement and colorful imaging), to the score by Scar and the Hyenas in the elephant graveyard (thinking temperature changes in this part to capture the darkness of the scene).

You're then lead to the climax of the movie, where Scar informs Mufasa that Simba is stuck in the gorge with the stampede going on, and this is probably the most intense portion of the ride. Tons of environmental noise, 3D dust kicking up, wildebeests surround on each side of the theater, tons of seat movement, ending with Simba seeing Mufasa laying on the ground, lifeless, breathless. This is followed by more movement, as Simba is chased out of the gorge, and into the vast emptyness outside the borders of the Pridelands.

Enter some REALLY awesome scenes with Timon and Pumbaa, including two key songs, "Hakuna Matata," and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." Nala comes in at some point to discover Simba is alive, Rafiki follows. Another chase scene comes alive, as Simba follows Rafiki to the watering hole, where I think imagery meets a whole new level. Imagine the temperature in the theater at this point to be very comfortable, dark, and a 3D image of Mufasa in the clouds appears, telling Simba to always remember who he is. Simba realizes his place, and decides to head back.

Cut to the final scenes, where Sarabi and Simba meet up, and Simba and Scar get into the epic battle. Pride Rock again, the main 3D image here, with Simba and Scar fighting around it. Then, on the final move, you take the perspective of Simba, with Scar lunging at you, you barrel roll him off you, and boom, down into the fire to be dealt with by the hyenas. Simba then progresses, at the nudging of the lionesses, to take his place as King, and makes the symbolic walk up the Rock. Rain starts to fall (perhaps drizzles of water fall from the ceiling or chairs), and things start to brighten up.

The ride closes with the next corronation of Kiara, Simba and Nala's daughter.

Edit: Parks are always looking for ways to ease the tension on rides, and long wait times are the number one reason people complain. If we run this ride on a schedule, say, every 30 minutes, it eases a little bit of tension and makes people happy. Plus, it gives them an extended amount of time off their feet, and a little bit of excitement mixed with the much needed rest. ALSO, we can run more than one theater at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
Simba's Circle of Life is pretty cool.

I wonder if it would be possible to make it more "interactive" or "4D". If you've ever been to Universal Studios and done hte Harry Potter Experience ride, basically you sit in a sideways car about 4 people deep. You are strapped in because this thing shakes and twists and turns etc to give you the feel of actually moving with what's happening in front of you. I.e there are parts where you dodge a dragon while Harry on his broom races just in front of you. Wind and water blows in your face and the ride moves and tilts you enough to trick your body into thinking you're moving like the screen is showing.

That's obviously a simplistic explanation, but if we could pull someting like that off with all of the awesome parts of the Lion King, i think it would be a huge hit.

And for the people in line, could do something like the old school star wars ride did back at Disney or the old Disaster Transport at Cedar Point (before they scrapped it), where you have stuff going on in the line room, Screens playing messages and conveyors moving random stuff. just things to get kids interested in while they wait.

Hogwarts Castle Harry Potter Forbidden Journey Ride (HD Complete Experience) Islands Of Adventure - YouTube

that's a link to a rather long video with all the Harry Potter parts of Universal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
That end part about Disaster Transport (LOVED THAT RIDE) is kind of what I was thinking with the beginning Pride Rock video part being in line. But thinking it over, maybe it would be better to make the beginning like Timon and Pumba chatting with you, or get Rafiki in there a bit, something. Then when the ride starts you can start with Pride Rock and that opening melody to the first song, which would definitely get people amped for the ride.

Also just googled it - the opening part is - Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama

Means "Here comes a lion, Father
Oh yes, it's a lion"
Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Catchphrase can be "Everywhere the light touches is a great time Simba". Just off the top of my head it could be better
I think what we need most is the publicity...could we tie it into the broadway play, or a reissue of the dvd, or something?

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss
SpastikMooss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #405 (permalink)

Props to PM Nodie27 for getting the job done!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #406 (permalink)

Default Here's our submission....

Introducing "Simba's Circle of Life!"

As you wait in line to get on this awesome family coaster, you have tv monitors above you with Rafika talking to Mufasa. He tells hims about the qualities he has to be king, honest, proud, strong, compassion...Then it cuts to scenes from the pridelands, animals drinking, eating, playing etc.

When you get on the roller coaster, it starts up slowly and goes upward in a circular motion around pride rock, at the top is Rafiki, holding up baby Simba for all to see. At the top, you take a 30 ft drop and have 3 little hills that you go up and down over...as you are going over these hills, both sides flanking the coaster has gigantic video screens of the stampede with a loud soundtrack of the rumbling...after the 3 hills, your coaster veers off to the right, where Hakuna Matata starts playing and timon and pumba pop up on a screen in the front of your coaster, a couple of twists and turns, and in front of you is a cave that you enter and its dark and scenes of the battle with scar flashes through on the sides of the cave, ending with scar being beaten...and then you come out of the cave and the ride ends....

Obviously as you exit the roller coaster, you end up in the Lion King gift shop where you can buy your stuffed animals, key chains, lion mane costumes, etc.

A family fun filled ride for any rider 32 inches or taller....

Marketing would center around "Be a part of the Lion King, Enter Simba's Circle of Life!" Also, there can be actors walking around the area of the entrance of the coaster wearing those awesome head costumes from the broadway play
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #407 (permalink)

great job guys love the idea as for the other team they could have at least been original lol there is already a ride at Epcot with the same name just saying
Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #408 (permalink)

Quote:
great job guys love the idea as for the other team they could have at least been original lol there is already a ride at Epcot with the same name just saying
Hahahaha [facepalm]!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #409 (permalink)

That's for submitting that Nodie. Looks good. Time to cross our fingers
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #410 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Yes, good job team & PM
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #411 (permalink)

This turned out really well, I think. I'd be a rider on Simba's Circle of Life all day long!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #412 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
Yes, good job team & PM
Actually just recalled that TheHeel was to be our PM - did he outsource it to Nodie27?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #413 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Actually just recalled that TheHeel was to be our PM - did he outsource it to Nodie27?
lol Yes he did. He was busy with real life so he gave me instructions on what to do. Luckily for you guys, I have no problems with reality because I am a shut in.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #414 (permalink)

Donald BOHICA - The Disney executives were impressed by both presentations. However, they really stressed the importance of being original and therefore choose The Roadkill Collectors as the winners.

Congratulations to Roadkill Collectors.

Now then, normally now I would ask the project manager to pick 2 people to come back into the boardroom with. I'm going to go ahead and make an exception this time, and cut right to the chase, seeing as how I can't see any arguement changing my mind on this. So I gotta say....

TheHeel.....

mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #415 (permalink)

DBO - The project managers for the next challenge will be Tajikey, and 37Jetson.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #416 (permalink)

bring us home Tajimarosa!

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #417 (permalink)
Banned

Good win guys!
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #418 (permalink)

Hmm...I think the die was cast when we were given TheHeel as PM.

No worries, we'll be back for the next round even stronger.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #419 (permalink)

Great win, guys! Got my Tic Tacs in hand, ready for duty!

Old 09-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #420 (permalink)

It looks like The Heel got The Boot
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #421 (permalink)

Hmm stress the importance of being original yet the winning team used the same name as a ride that already exisists lol oh well you win some you lose some
Old 09-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #422 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmm stress the importance of being original yet the winning team used the same name as a ride that already exisists lol oh well you win some you lose some
hey man, we lost last time because the owner of the jags is afraid of mustaches despite having quite the mustache himself. deal with it

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #423 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Donald BOHICA - The Disney executives were impressed by both presentations. However, they really stressed the importance of being original and therefore choose The Roadkill Collectors as the winners.

Congratulations to Roadkill Collectors.

Now then, normally now I would ask the project manager to pick 2 people to come back into the boardroom with. I'm going to go ahead and make an exception this time, and cut right to the chase, seeing as how I can't see any arguement changing my mind on this. So I gotta say....

TheHeel.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo! I have failed you heel!

I actually thought we had a pretty good idea. Next time I will elaborate on the marketing and the details. Oh well, lesson learned and the pattern continues!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #424 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
hey man, we lost last time because the owner of the jags is afraid of mustaches despite having quite the mustache himself. deal with it
Haha maybe it is just the Disney people like the lion king better than nemo lol...I know I do
Old 09-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #425 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha maybe it is just the Disney people like the lion king better than nemo lol...I know I do
Lion King definitely tops my list of favorite movies, hence, the motivation behind the idea, and the passion to win!