Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #426 (permalink)

9 Guys 1 Cup will prevail! We got this next one!
csmtampa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #427 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnakaok View Post
Hmm stress the importance of being original yet the winning team used the same name as a ride that already exisists lol oh well you win some you lose some
yep that seems a little capricious on the part of DBo but I guess we are to expect the unexpected..
Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #428 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
yep that seems a little capricious on the part of DBo but I guess we are to expect the unexpected..
DBO - There is actually a toy water slide called Nemo's Big Splash as well. So really both names had a trademark issue.

For this weeks assignment we teamed up with Little Ceasars. You are to create a pizza that customers will be able to come in and buy. You decide the topings, the name of the pizza, and the price you will sell it at. Whichever team makes the most money selling their pizza for 8 hours from 2 rival locations will be this weeks winner. The deadline for this challenge will be friday.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #429 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Most money based on profit, or most money period? Would you like to know our ingredient costs?
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #430 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Most money based on profit, or most money period? Would you like to know our ingredient costs?
Most money period. Toppings and ingredients will be provided by Little Ceasar, so keep that in mind when chosing them. They can refuse over the top ingredients like black truffle, or puke.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #431 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
hey man, we lost last time because the owner of the jags is afraid of mustaches despite having quite the mustache himself. deal with it

And I'll try to come up with some sweet ideas this week!

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #432 (permalink)

Sit back team, I got it. 3 cheese (Montary Jack, Pepper Jack, American) Chipolte BBQ Bacon Pizza. BBQ sauce is mostly tomatoes anyway and people love bacon. Itll be a pleasant kick to your taste buds in a 100% bacon filled delight.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #433 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Sit back team, I got it. 3 cheese (Montary Jack, Pepper Jack, American) Chipolte BBQ Bacon Pizza. BBQ sauce is mostly tomatoes anyway and people love bacon. Itll be a pleasant kick to your taste buds in a 100% bacon filled delight.
That sounds delightful.

In general, Little C's is short on pizza variation (most of their menus are just the basic toppings). I'd suggest mixing it up, and BBQ is a nice choice for that. I'd also suggest a white sauce pizza if people think that'd go over better than BBQ (I personally LOVE white sauce pizza), shredded pork loin as a meat (mmmm), sausage as a meat (spicy would be nice), and more peppers as toppings (banana, jalapeno, even just green, nice to add some spice and/or veggies when possible).

Old 09-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #434 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
that actually sounds like a big money maker well done
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #435 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
That sounds delightful.

In general, Little C's is short on pizza variation (most of their menus are just the basic toppings). I'd suggest mixing it up, and BBQ is a nice choice for that. I'd also suggest a white sauce pizza if people think that'd go over better than BBQ (I personally LOVE white sauce pizza), shredded pork loin as a meat (mmmm), sausage as a meat (spicy would be nice), and more peppers as toppings (banana, jalapeno, even just green, nice to add some spice and/or veggies when possible).
That sounds really good, I have a feeling this competition is going to make me feel hungry for a few days White pizza is hit or miss for me. If its that really dry pizza thats a hassle to swallow then Ill pass but if its a creamy style white sauce its bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
that actually sounds like a big money maker well done
(Breaking character kinda)
Thank you, it took me quite a bit of time to think of. I made it for the Lays Do us a Flavor competition and just addded cheese to make it fit a pizza. I have yet to hear back about my million dollars
Old 09-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #436 (permalink)

Quote:
That sounds really good, I have a feeling this competition is going to make me feel hungry for a few days White pizza is hit or miss for me. If its that really dry pizza thats a hassle to swallow then Ill pass but if its a creamy style white sauce its bomb.
Exactly! I used to hate white sauce because all I ever had was the dry kind, but there's this fantastic place in Bloomington, IN called Mother Bear's that has 3 or 4 delicious white sauce pizzas...really opened my mind to that world. I feel like a real life Little Caesar's white pizza would be gross...but for the sake of this contest we can pretend it would be delicious.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #437 (permalink)

Quote:
D@mn, that does sound delicious. I would like to recommend we stay away from a sweeter BBQ sauce, as sweet pizza just isn't right. The Chipotle does sound like the right mix of savory and zing. Let's also stay away from the American (square plastic comes to mind), and quite possibly use Mozarella in its place.

How would the bacon be cut? In little squares, medium squares, whole slices. Would it be soft, medium, or crispy? My problem with bacon on pizza is that it's always the size of bacon bits, and you can never really taste it. If we're going to do a bacon pizza, let's at least make the bacon flavor stand out!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #438 (permalink)

DBO- can we get a clarification on what location demographic our stores service? I worked at Dominos for a year, and there are very different preferred toppings based on skin color. It got to the point where I could predict about 3/4 toppings based on skin color. That's racial profiling, I know- but to be successful we need to know who we're serving.

in the mean-time, here's my ideas:

Buffalo Chicken Pizza- use either a mild white cheese sauce, top it with pizza cheese, spicy chicken, buffalo sauce, onions/jalapenos (either one, some like onions some do not). Pretty plain jane, but not too complicated to where people's taste buds aren't overloaded.

6 Cheese Splosion- use a cheese sauce (1), mozzarella (2), Provalone (3), Cheddar (4), Gouda chunks (5), and some other type of cheese that won't clash with these (i.e. no swiss or limburger)

The Italian- Regular pizza sauce and normal cheese topped with sausage slices, green peppers, onions, pickles (meant to be like a hoagie only on pizza).

The Blaxploitation- Beef, Chicken, Jalapenos. Cut in Squares.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 09-13-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #439 (permalink)

Okay team, it looks like we need some ideas. I think using ingredients that are already available is a good way to go.
Idea #1:
The Volcano Pizza: Ham, Pineapple, and Jalapenos
Price: $6.50

Hawaiian pizzas are very popular. From personal experience, I can tell you all that it is a fantastic combination. Salty + Sweet + Heat = Delicious

Idea #2:
The Bacon Double Cheeseburger Pizza: Ground Beef, Bacon and Extra Cheese
Price: $8.50

People like pizza. People like burgers. 'Nuff said.

Idea #3:
The Douche Bag Pizza: Double Anchovies and Double Onions

A pizza that only a douche bag who enjoys those two toppings would order because he probably wouldn't have to share it with anybody else.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #440 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Okay team, it looks like we need some ideas. I think using ingredients that are already available is a good way to go.
Idea #1:

Hawaiian pizzas are very popular. From personal experience, I can tell you all that it is a fantastic combination. Salty + Sweet + Heat = Delicious

Idea #2:

Idea #3:

A pizza that only a douche bag who enjoys those two toppings would order because he probably wouldn't have to share it with anybody else.
Ha ha ha, I know, not my team, but the DB made me laugh. Before reading your explanation as to the name, the anchovies made sense to me, but more in a literal, not figurative sense.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #441 (permalink)

Idea #3:

I used to know that Douche Bag! Fncking guy would slip in anchovies at the last minute on the phone and then cackle as everyone lifted the box lid and groaned. This would be a hit in college towns. We could add some small rip-and-burst packets of vinegar, too, right?
Old 09-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #442 (permalink)

Quote:
The Blaxploitation- Beef, Chicken, Jalapenos. Cut in Squares.

We try to avoid racial profiling at our branch of Little Caesar's...
Old 09-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #443 (permalink)

Quote:

We try to avoid racial profiling at our branch of Little Caesar's...
yeah? well if you're in that type of area, the first of the month is the busiest time for you and you'd better have what the customers want.

not at all being racist. I worked in a pizza place in a crappy area and am totally speaking from experience.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #444 (permalink)

Quote:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza- use either a mild white cheese sauce, top it with pizza cheese, spicy chicken, buffalo sauce, onions/jalapenos (either one, some like onions some do not). Pretty plain jane, but not too complicated to where people's taste buds aren't overloaded.
I like this one, but think we can take it one step further. Why not do a Boneless Buffalo Wing Pizza? We can have different sauces for the wings, like Wing Stop or BWW, and different accompanying sauces, whether it be blue cheese based, ranch based, etc. The wings would be smaller than the typical buffalo wing, but still all white meat, and fully breaded and fried...
Old 09-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #445 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Ha ha ha, I know, not my team, but the DB made me laugh. Before reading your explanation as to the name, the anchovies made sense to me, but more in a literal, not figurative sense.

I didn't even have that cross my mind, but now I can't stop thinking about it.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #446 (permalink)

PSA to both teams, when researching pizza toppings do not under any circumstances click on bigsausagepizza. Pretty sure someone could go to jail for that topping
Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #447 (permalink)

I won!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #448 (permalink)

Quote:
Idea #3:

I used to know that Douche Bag! Fncking guy would slip in anchovies at the last minute on the phone and then cackle as everyone lifted the box lid and groaned. This would be a hit in college towns. We could add some small rip-and-burst packets of vinegar, too, right?
Bahhahaha "A pizza that only a douche bag who enjoys those two toppings would order because he probably wouldn't have to share it with anybody else."
csmtampa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #449 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Idea #1:

Idea #2:

Idea #3:

i like the double cheeseburger idea maybe we could offer a regular cheeseburger as well for a dollar less lol as well as maybe a combo with beer for $10.00even not sure what type of beer but with it being football season i think pizza beer and burgers all go with football well
Old 09-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #450 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnakaok View Post
i like the double cheeseburger idea maybe we could offer a regular cheeseburger as well for a dollar less lol as well as maybe a combo with beer for $10.00even not sure what type of beer but with it being football season i think pizza beer and burgers all go with football well
I know you're not even on my team lol, but legally you can't do a combo with food and beer. I used to work at a failing restaurant and suggested that as an idea and was quickly shot down...not allowed, so sad