Blowout Cards Forums
2016 nat Info

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic


Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #501 (permalink)
Member
 
cinnakaok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,202
Default

hey just in case should we have a backup plan so there is no repeat of last challenge?
__________________
The Jeremy Kerley Collector
150 Different Kerley's with 15 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #502 (permalink)
Member
 
csmtampa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnakaok View Post
hey just in case should we have a backup plan so there is no repeat of last challenge?
I'm going to get it in by the afternoon. Deadline is the evening so we'll be good
csmtampa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #503 (permalink)
Member
 
cinnakaok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmtampa View Post
I'm going to get it in by the afternoon. Deadline is the evening so we'll be good
sounds like a plan
__________________
The Jeremy Kerley Collector
150 Different Kerley's with 15 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #504 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 5,057
Default

csmtampa won't drop the ball!
__________________
That moment when you see my name inscribed in yellow in a snow bank and it's your Mom's handwriting.
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #505 (permalink)
Member
 
csmtampa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,304
Default

Here is 9 Guys 1 Cups submission

Commercial -

Shot 1 - A welcome to Delaware sign is being torn down by the locals. They look around quickly to see if anyone notices them and then run away with the sign.

Shot 2 - The shot transitions to a beautiful scene of an older man and small kid fly fishing, when all of the sudden the camera lens goes black and you hear a struggle.

Shot 3 - The Host happens upon Fort Delaware state park but before he makes it to the property, he is chased away by several well-dressed people screaming at him.

Shot 4 - Black screen with the tagline - Delaware: The First State, The Mystery State - What is There to see in Delaware? We can't really say for sure.

The basis for the commercial is that it is a "fake" reality commercial. The locals of Delaware don't want tourists to come to their state. They want to hide all the beauty of the state and keep it to themselves. In an attempt to film the "commercial", the locals do whatever they can to disrupt the shoot.

The genius behind the campaign is that it is so vague that people won't really know what they're going there for, so they will spend longer looking for that "something" or "someplace" than if they were there for a one-off. And that's gotta be more people than are going there now.

Last edited by csmtampa; 09-21-2012 at 02:24 PM.
csmtampa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #506 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 5,057
Default

Hellz, yeah - nice job, boys!
__________________
That moment when you see my name inscribed in yellow in a snow bank and it's your Mom's handwriting.
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #507 (permalink)
Member
 
cinnakaok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmtampa View Post
Here is 9 Guys 1 Cups submission

Commercial -

Shot 1 - A welcome to Delaware sign is being torn down by the locals. They look around quickly to see if anyone notices them and then run away with the sign.

Shot 2 - The shot transitions to a beautiful scene of an older man and small kid fly fishing, when all of the sudden the camera lens goes black and you hear a struggle.

Shot 3 - The Host happens upon Fort Delaware state park but before he makes it to the property, he is chased away by several well-dressed people screaming at him.

Shot 4 - Black screen with the tagline - Delaware: The First State, The Mystery State - What is There to see in Delaware? We can't really say for sure.

The basis for the commercial is that it is a "fake" reality commercial. The locals of Delaware don't want tourists to come to their state. They want to hide all the beauty of the state and keep it to themselves. In an attempt to film the "commercial", the locals do whatever they can to disrupt the shoot.

The genius behind the campaign is that it is so vague that people won't really know what they're going there for, so they will spend longer looking for that "something" or "someplace" than if they were there for a one-off. And that's gotta be more people than are going there now.

makes me want to do to Delaware and see whats there myself great job team
__________________
The Jeremy Kerley Collector
150 Different Kerley's with 15 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #508 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,566
Default

Road Kill Collectors' Entry:

Scene 1: Shows a group of happy friends, each with a Dogfish Head. Narrator: "George Washington was an American hero. He crossed the Delaware to enjoy an ice cold tax-free Dogfish Head. Be a hero, cross the Delaware."

Scene 2: Shows a group of teenagers shopping at a local mall. Narrator: "Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about taxes? In Delaware, this is not only possible, but reality."

Scene 3: Shows a Delaware Blue Hens game. Narrator: "Do you like sports? Well, our Blue Hens are a powerhouse of the FCS. Bring your family and have a ball!"

Scene 4: Shows action shots of the the celebrities in the following. Narrator: "Valerie Bertinelli, Henry Heimlich, Sugar Ray Leonard, and Joe Flacco. All celebrities you could meet in wonderful Delaware.

Closing: Narrator: "So come to glorious Delaware. The little state with a big heart!"

Team, look this over and see if I need to change anything.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #509 (permalink)
I make a lot of posts!
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the 9 Realms
Posts: 17,693
Default

Well done, PM. I like it!
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Favorite teams: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, Celtics, Globetrotters
NEVER drink granny's peach tea.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #510 (permalink)
Member
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,254
Default

D@mn, well done!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #511 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 16,260
Default

excellent work on it RKC!
__________________
Luke Kuechly Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (custom),

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #512 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 18,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
excellent work on it RKC!
Look at us finally being serious lol
__________________
50% auto accept on my COMC, which is called SpastikMooss.
<--Link to the left, with some cheap low /'d stuff!
COME GET SOME DEALZ YO!
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #513 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,566
Default

so no changes? i've talked to Spastik but anybody else?
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #514 (permalink)
Member
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,254
Default

No way, man, I think it's spot on.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #515 (permalink)
Member
 
SportCardBuffet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 11,707
Default

Great job guys on this difficult challenge, 9 guys 1 cup FTW!!!
__________________
SCB Auctions- Actively Taking Consignments, PM For Details!
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #516 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,006
Default

Donald BOHICA - The executives looked over both entries. And after a great amount of thought, they felt that one commercial did a better job of showing off their assets.

Congratulations to Team Roadkill Collectors.

That means that 9 guys, 1 cup are this weeks losers, and csmtampa I'll need you to choose 2 people to come back into the boardroom with you, where one person will be fired.
__________________
T minus 5
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #517 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 18,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Donald BOHICA - The executives looked over both entries. And after a great amount of thought, they felt that one commercial did a better job of showing off their assets.

Congratulations to Team Roadkill Collectors.

That means that 9 guys, 1 cup are this weeks losers, and csmtampa I'll need you to choose 2 people to come back into the boardroom with you, where one person will be fired.
Way to go RKC! After a rough beginning we're really bringing it on now!
__________________
50% auto accept on my COMC, which is called SpastikMooss.
<--Link to the left, with some cheap low /'d stuff!
COME GET SOME DEALZ YO!
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #518 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,566
Default

All I Do Is Win - YouTube
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #519 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 18,388
Default

CHARLIE SHEEN - WINNING - YouTube
__________________
50% auto accept on my COMC, which is called SpastikMooss.
<--Link to the left, with some cheap low /'d stuff!
COME GET SOME DEALZ YO!
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #520 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 5,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Donald BOHICA - The executives looked over both entries. And after a great amount of thought, they felt that one commercial did a better job of showing off their assets.

Congratulations to Team Roadkill Collectors.

That means that 9 guys, 1 cup are this weeks losers, and csmtampa I'll need you to choose 2 people to come back into the boardroom with you, where one person will be fired.
While I disagree vehemently with the decision (which favors an unimaginative, geographically-challenged entry), I will take ownership of the "unsuccessful" idea submitted by 9 Guys, 1 Cup as its primary author and volunteer myself for "firing" by this game's incomprehensibly capricious "manager."
__________________
That moment when you see my name inscribed in yellow in a snow bank and it's your Mom's handwriting.
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #521 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,768
Default

we are kicking some butt
__________________
Not looking for anything specific...usually will just looks through buckets and lists to see what catches my eye.
http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/cardpic
PC: Yao Ming, Chicago Teams, Jessica Burciaga
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #522 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 16,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
While I disagree vehemently with the decision (which favors an unimaginative, geographically-challenged entry), I will take ownership of the "unsuccessful" idea submitted by 9 Guys, 1 Cup as its primary author and volunteer myself for "firing" by this game's incomprehensibly capricious "manager."
heh, political ads are less accurate than the geography we used in ours
__________________
Luke Kuechly Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (custom),

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #523 (permalink)
Member
 
SportCardBuffet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 11,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Donald BOHICA - The executives looked over both entries. And after a great amount of thought, they felt that one commercial did a better job of showing off their assets.

Congratulations to Team Roadkill Collectors.

That means that 9 guys, 1 cup are this weeks losers, and csmtampa I'll need you to choose 2 people to come back into the boardroom with you, where one person will be fired.
__________________
SCB Auctions- Actively Taking Consignments, PM For Details!
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #524 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

It's all about our name. We are a dynasty. Can we change our name to Saban's Superiors. That's how I feel about our team right now.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #525 (permalink)
Member
 
csmtampa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,304
Default

hairysasquatch and I say suck it!!
csmtampa is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.