Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risquť images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #651 (permalink)

Not sure how helpful I'll be this week by the way boys - wedding on Saturday with lots of prep before, and tomorrow I'm taking a Praxis exam for my license. But I'll try to pop in once a day at least!

Trout, Ellington, Soler, Baez, and more!
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #652 (permalink)
Banned

not really much of a help car wise but i thought it might be funny to rip off the kia soul hamsters
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #653 (permalink)

DBO - Due Monday evening.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #654 (permalink)

Scene:buildings burning, a little girl crying, the sound of destruction ringing throught the land. Camera pans to a family trying to survive under a house, cold and huddled. The camera pans back to the crying little girl, the sound of a fast coming car can be heard in the background. The little girl slowly starts to smile. The car drives by going 120 and the little girl wipes the tears away from her face and smiles. The screen blacks out and the altima logo pops up on the screen.

Car commercials are so vague and usually suck, might as well put some cool post apocolyptic stuff in there
Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #655 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Scene:buildings burning, a little girl crying, the sound of destruction ringing throught the land. Camera pans to a family trying to survive under a house, cold and huddled. The camera pans back to the crying little girl, the sound of a fast coming car can be heard in the background. The little girl slowly starts to smile. The car drives by going 120 and the little girl wipes the tears away from her face and smiles. The screen blacks out and the altima logo pops up on the screen.

Car commercials are so vague and usually suck, might as well put some cool post apocolyptic stuff in there
If we can somehow include the cars speed putting fires, that'd be pretty dope. Yes, I just said dope.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #656 (permalink)

i remember one car company did a zombie themed commercial. can't remember who did it now, but at the time it was pretty awesome.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #657 (permalink)

Mr. DBo, here is our team's submission. I got some interesting ideas from my teammates, but decided to run with this one.

The commercial starts out with two next door neighbors standing in their drive ways admiring their vehicles. There is John (the new Altima owner) and Pete (the owner of a new sports car).

Pete: So what do you think of my new car, John? Itís one heck of a high performance machine. It goes 0 to 60 in under seven seconds.

John: So does mine, Pete, except mine cost me about $20,000 less than what you paid for your car.

Pete (shaking his head): Unbelievable.

Pete gets into his car with kind of a pissed off attitude and drives away.

In the next scene, we see Pete and John again. However, now Pete has a brand new SUV parked next to his sports car.

Pete (With a bit of a smirk on his face): Check it out, neighbor. Look at all the space my new SUV has for we go shopping, and look how roomy it is inside.

John: Thatís nice, Pete. My new Altima is really spacious too with its more than ample trunk space and a spacious interior, so we can stretch out inside the car when we go on long trips.

Pete (With a raised eyebrow, a la The Rock): Hmmmmmm.

Pete gets into his SUV even more pissed off than before and drives off.

In the final scene, we see Pete pull up on a moped. He parks it in his driveway next to his SUV and sports car. We hear the familiar beep beep sound of a mopedís horn.

Pete: Hey, John. Looky here. I just got myself a brand new moped. This thing gets unbelievable mileage! I bet your Altima canít even compete.

John: My Altima gets great mileage in the city and on the highway. Plus, it can seat my entire family.

Pete is more pissed off than ever and begins walking off. However, he then stops and turns around to ask John a question.

Pete: So whereíd you get your Altima?

John: Come on inside, buddy, and Iíll give you the address.

The scene ends with John and Pete walking into Johnís home.

Tagline at the end:
The new Nissan Altima. Everything you really need....all rolled into one car.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #658 (permalink)

GB, get our submission in buddy

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #659 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
GB, get our submission in buddy
i've been wrapped up with work, so I have been useless with this challenge. i'm sorry. i'll take the loss and the blame and put myself in the board room. been working crazy hours at the ER and haven't had much personal time. sorry team.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #660 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
i've been wrapped up with work, so I have been useless with this challenge. i'm sorry. i'll take the loss and the blame and put myself in the board room. been working crazy hours at the ER and haven't had much personal time. sorry team.
Sorry to hear man, I just found time after my wedding too haha. Rough week for RKC.

I liked the idea about the Altima during the day (all reliable) and the Altima at night (all crazy party). Was trying to think of a way to twist it - one I thought of was this:

Commercial begins with kid wanting to throw a party with his parents away, but knows his Dad will say no to him borrowing the car to buy necessities (beer, etc.). But aha!, a lightbulb goes off - he tells his Dad instead he needs to move band equipment from one place to another for school. Gets the okay, (Dad says "Take Mom's Altima") and later that night he throws a party.

A few hours later Dad calls the kid to ask where he is. Kid is at the party. Kid explains that they had to take so many trips back and forth that they ran out of gas. Dad knows about the high gas mileage (40+ highway) and great storage capacity of the Altima, so he knows this is a lie. Gets off the phone with son and we then cut to the party a few minutes later as the kid answers the door. It's Mom and Dad, just having arrived home in their other Altima. Busted.

Needs a tag line though.

Trout, Ellington, Soler, Baez, and more!
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #661 (permalink)

Donald BOHICA - The executives chose unanimously. This challenge's winner is 9 guys, 1 cup.

Congratulations.

And I won't even bother to bring people back in. It's an easy elimination. GatorBoyInTN...

Old 10-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #662 (permalink)

DBO - The project managers for the next task will be newton615 and SportCardBuffet.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #663 (permalink)

Big thanks to Nodie for taking one for the team and nailing that slump buster he met at the bus station last week. I guess she did bring us a bit of good luck
Old 10-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #664 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Big thanks to Nodie for taking one for the team and nailing that slump buster he met at the bus station last week. I guess she did bring us a bit of good luck
Hell she better have helped. My momma always said go big or go home. I found me the biggest woman I could find.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #665 (permalink)

ok Shaner. get us back on our streak!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #666 (permalink)

Donald BOHICA - For this challenge we teamed up with Carnegie Hall. You need to book an act and promote it, and choose a ticket price. Whichever team makes the most profit from their performance (after everyone gets paid) will be the winner.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #667 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
ok Shaner. get us back on our streak!
Aye number 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Donald BOHICA - For this challenge we teamed up with Carnegie Hall. You need to book an act and promote it, and choose a ticket price. Whichever team makes the most profit from their performance (after everyone gets paid) will be the winner.
So literally any performer and any price? If so Justin Beiber and Lil Wayne, $200 GA boom the shows sold out. We could actually make the price $250 and it'd still sell out. We could also include 100 VIP tickets with a half hour meet n greet with Wayne and Beibs and charge $1000 a pop. What's everyone else think? Ideas questions concerns?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #668 (permalink)

Boss, I have a few ideas. Shoot me a PM, um, PM, and I'll let you know what they are.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #669 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Aye number 2

So literally any performer and any price? If so Justin Beiber and Lil Wayne, $200 GA boom the shows sold out. We could actually make the price $250 and it'd still sell out. We could also include 100 VIP tickets with a half hour meet n greet with Wayne and Beibs and charge $1000 a pop. What's everyone else think? Ideas questions concerns?
You have to consider the cost of the artist and the size of the venue. Even if we charged that much, there still may not be enough money left over for profit.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #670 (permalink)

anybody know off-hand how big Carnegie hall is?

Old 10-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #671 (permalink)

The main hall seats 2800, the second largest seats 600, and the smallest seats 300.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #672 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
The main hall seats 2800, the second largest seats 600, and the smallest seats 300.
i don't do big concerts, so I have no idea if that's a lot or not. Most shows I go to are hole in the wall venues

Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #673 (permalink)
Banned

book carly rae jepsen and PSY (2 biggest names right now)

tickets for front row $1000, VIP passes for backstage access $500, lower section $300, upper section $150, very top $50
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #674 (permalink)

Due date is monday evening.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #675 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
book carly rae jepsen and PSY (2 biggest names right now)

tickets for front row $1000, VIP passes for backstage access $500, lower section $300, upper section $150, very top $50
would they really sell that well? again, i feel useless here since I don't go to many big-name shows.