Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #726 (permalink)

definitely. and do an auction for a limited number of meet n greets and have paid auto signings where half price goes to the player and half to the proceeds.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #727 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
definitely. and do an auction for a limited number of meet n greets and have paid auto signings where half price goes to the player and half to the proceeds.
Fantastic ideas!
I also have 13 autos or relics for under $1
SpastikMooss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #728 (permalink)

Question commish - when is this due?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #729 (permalink)

I'll wait to decide the time frame until we have a better set on the hurricane. I might make it a long one if people lose electricity for a while.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #730 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I'll wait to decide the time frame until we have a better set on the hurricane. I might make it a long one if people lose electricity for a while.
Good call commish
Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #731 (permalink)

DBO - Deadline for this task will be tuesday evening.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #732 (permalink)

PM, how goes the task at hand?
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #733 (permalink)

I'll ask the same of the RKC crew - so far all we're got is what Clarka and I dished out and sunsfans asian persuasion idea. Anything else out there?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #734 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Sent you a PM, Spastik.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #735 (permalink)

i know Asians like the baseball, but i'm not sure using them in the US is going to draw a big crowd. if the game was to be played in Asia, i think that would be a good draw.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #736 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i know Asians like the baseball, but i'm not sure using them in the US is going to draw a big crowd. if the game was to be played in Asia, i think that would be a good draw.
Sent you the same PM I sent Spastik.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #737 (permalink)

love it. great idea.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #738 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
PM, how goes the task at hand?
I like the ideas we have so far. Will develop each one and present them to you guys tomorrow. Then from there we can tweak them and choose which one we go with. Still think a "Hookers and Blow Night" featuring all the local pimps, hoes and drug dealers would sell out but you guys keep bugging about the family experience.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #739 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
I like the ideas we have so far. Will develop each one and present them to you guys tomorrow. Then from there we can tweak them and choose which one we go with. Still think a "Hookers and Blow Night" featuring all the local pimps, hoes and drug dealers would sell out but you guys keep bugging about the family experience.
I am still pushing my idea of getting Grand Master Flash to come in and perform White Lines during the 7th inning stretch. While he performing, I would love to see the hoes down on their knees with straws inhaling the third base line.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #740 (permalink)

RKC Official Entry (I've gotta vote and write all my IEP Progress Reports, Report Cards, and an IEP tomorrow so I probably won't get around to posting if I wait that long)

Our idea is the softball exhibition game between Kansas City celebrities and the Royals (some KC celebs that would probably be involved include Robert Altman, Ed Asner, George Brett, Sylvia Browne, Joe Carter, Don Cheadle, Eminem, Earl Cole (Survivor: Fiji winner), David Cook (American Idol winner), Len Dawson, Josh Freeman, Christian Okoye, and Paul Rudd). We wouldn't have too many current Chiefs, and that'll be explained a bit later...

We would have an event before the game to pick roster players 24 and 25 for the celebrity team, with those people coming straight out of the crowd. We would make that a raffle too with tickets $2 each - whoever won would be pumped to play against the Royals and with celebrities for sure!

For the other fans, we have a ton more cool ideas. First of all, entrance to the game is free - I know that sounds crazy, but we've got David Glass for the Royals owner (former CEO of Walmart) and Walt Disney is from Kansas City so we're tying that in too. Glass covers the price of the stadium, Disney covers any stadium fees, and all we've got to do is pay workers. With concession sales plus raffle sales we'll be plenty in the green at the end of the day.

There are tons of other raffles available, some paid, some entered just with the ticket people brought to the game. Prizes range from celebrity related movies and albums to autographed memorabilia to VIP time with said celebrities or the Royals players. Of course people could just pay to be VIP's too, but it's way more fun if you win! Same with signings, as people could pay for the signings with part of the cash coming our way and part helping Disney out by covering the celebrity fees. The biggest prize would be a photo of the Royals, Celebs, and the two random schmoes all at the game, autographed by every single person in the image. Kind of a sweet piece, and certainly one of a kind!

The best part with Disney (and David Glass) involved and footing some of the bill is that we don't need to stop the party after the game and a few autos. At night in the stadium we'll show a Disney movie on a big screen, making a fun night for the whole family. And we'll also have a pick up flag football game over at the Chiefs stadium after the baseball game, with both events being broadcast at the other stadium. This way someone could be getting autographs after the Royals game yet watching Ricky Stanzi stiff arm Eminem. Or a guy could be in the VIP section of the Chiefs game prior to the game starting and video screens would show Paul Rudd's grand slam to win the game for the celebs. Unites both stadiums (which are right across the parking lot from one another) and brings in a lot more dough from all the extra raffle entrants/concession sales/VIP ticket and auto session sales/etc. And most importantly, it gives us a lot more space for all this cool stuff - it's kind of hard to fit all the awesomeness into just one stadium! We're also talking about putting a concert at the Chiefs stadium after the flag football game ends, if any of the celebs would be up to it!

One essential part with the flag football setup - Matt Cassel is not allowed to play for the Chiefs. Instead he sits on a dunk tank all day and local Chiefs fans get to dunk him again and again for all the pain he's brought to their city. Little icing on the flag football cake!

Finally, as a charitable event for the destruction Hurricane Sandy has caused, people who make a donation are entered into a drawing for season tickets to BOTH the Royals and Chiefs. Each $10 donation gets them an entry for the season tickets.

And that's that. Sure we're counting a lot on Mr. Glass and Disney to foot much of the bill, but the stadium is sure to be jam packed with all the stars and the raffle odds for all sorts of cool stuff. And we might make a little cash too!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #741 (permalink)

Well done, Mooss, well done!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #742 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Well done, Mooss, well done!
Thanks! A little worried it ended up in tl:dr format, but the ideas are sweet!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #743 (permalink)

damn i love my team.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #744 (permalink)

deadline extended to tomorrow for both teams due to election day.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #745 (permalink)

Booooo. No provisional votes on Blowout!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #746 (permalink)

Default 9 Guys 1 Cup Submission....

The name of the event is “America’s Pasttime”. It will be an all day event that celebrates our love of baseball. Everyone relives their childhood thrill of the game winning homerun and the agony of losing the championship....even those of us that never played. We are able to do so because of movies that personify what it is to love baseball. This event will incorporate the history of baseball and the cherished childhood memories cinema has created.

Pre Game:
The event will feature your favorite players from Kansas City such as George Brett, Bo Jackson and current Royals players, but will also feature childhood celebrities like the actors of the original Bad News Bears, The Sandlot, The Rookie, Rookie of the Year, Angels in the Outfield ,Major League and A League of Their Own. To cut costs, Madonna might not be available for the event, but will try to have as many original cast members from all movies as possible (except Rosie just because who really wants to meet her?) How great would it be to meet Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez, Squints, Amand Wurlitzer, Kelly, Cerrano, Uecker...etc? Everyone will have early field access to the meet and greet.

There will be lines for autographs before and after the game for Bo Jackson, George Brett.
Lower Bowl Ticket holders will have access to the lines before the game
All other ticket holders will have access after the game

Also for the children there will be pitching radars, "safe at home" photos, and batting cages set up in the parking lot.

Fans will be encouraged to dress as their favorite movie characters and get a free hot dog/drink if they do. Also, the best dressed fans will get picked to play against the celebrities and future MLB players.

Softball Game:
The Softball game will feature equal parts of celebrities, fans and current Royals players to fill out the spots. The coaches will be George Brett and Bo Jackson. Throughout the game, there will be trivia questions on the big screen asked to random fans about classic movies. Prizes will be food, gift certificates, jerseys, tickets to future games and a grand prize of season tickets for life.

Exhibition Game:
The game will feature the Kansas City Royals vs future prospects. It will include top local talent but also feature players that are hopeful for the 2013/2014 draft. It will be a chance to showcase their talents to the Royals (and Major League Baseball completely). Clearly it won’t have top 50 prospects like Mike Appel since he doesn’t need any more attention. The game will be played in Kansa City Monarchs throwbacks (Home and Away). The teams will be named the Paiges and Bucks, respectively, in honor of Monarch greats Satchel Paige and Buck O’neil.

Post Game:
All fans will be treated to fireworks and a picnic in the parking lot with VIP/Lower Bowl ticket holders getting a chance to actually take the field.

This is an all day family event designed to remind Kansas City residents of why the fell in love with baseball.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #747 (permalink)

Donald BOHICA - Alright, so it's a good news bad news type situation. The good news is that both teams did extremely well. In fact both events were sell outs. Congratulations. The bad news is that leaves a tie. So I'm going to ask both project managers to bring one person back with them. And out of the four people brought back, all 4 will be asked to argue their case, and one person will be fired from each team.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #748 (permalink)

Dang...well tajikey said to bring him in if we lost...but we didn't lose...so I'm going sunsfan8. Nothng personal because I love our team, but I gotta pick someone and I already picked Clarka. Plus we ate tacos together.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #749 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Dang...well tajikey said to bring him in if we lost...but we didn't lose...so I'm going sunsfan8. Nothng personal because I love our team, but I gotta pick someone and I already picked Clarka. Plus we ate tacos together.
You're a very fair PM! Good luck!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #750 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
rofl. it pays to eat tacos together.

speaking of tacos. if you want to pick me up at any time, i'm in again