Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #751 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
rofl. it pays to eat tacos together.

speaking of tacos. if you want to pick me up at any time, i'm in again
Lol sweet. We got them tonight..they have a thanksgiving taco right now - turkey plus cranberry sauce plus gravy plus stuffing plus mashed potatoes. Tasted like turkey dinner. I am so stuffed right now.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #752 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Donald BOHICA - Alright, so it's a good news bad news type situation. The good news is that both teams did extremely well. In fact both events were sell outs. Congratulations. The bad news is that leaves a tie. So I'm going to ask both project managers to bring one person back with them. And out of the four people brought back, all 4 will be asked to argue their case, and one person will be fired from each team.
Whoa. A twist in the boardroom always makes the game more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Lol sweet. We got them tonight..they have a thanksgiving taco right now - turkey plus cranberry sauce plus gravy plus stuffing plus mashed potatoes. Tasted like turkey dinner. I am so stuffed right now.
This sounds absolutely delicious. However, since we are on opposing teams, I must now say that I hate you. So here goes: I hate you.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #753 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
This sounds absolutely delicious. However, since we are on opposing teams, I must now say that I hate you. So here goes: I hate you.
So freakin' good. And the best part is, prior to this, my wife says "So what do you want, thanksgiving tacos or beef brisket bar-b-que sandwiches?" I almost said both.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #754 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Dang...well tajikey said to bring him in if we lost...but we didn't lose...so I'm going sunsfan8. Nothng personal because I love our team, but I gotta pick someone and I already picked Clarka. Plus we ate tacos together.
Again?! Come on! if I actually had a say in our team I'd agree with you, but nobody can listen to me! In events like this, both PM's should be fired. Like you, nothing personal. I've enjoyed you on our team, but c'mon, I shouldn't be here. And you're the only one on our team without a win. After this I'd like just a little more respect. I'm not talking about dictator-like power coming to me, but i just need some help. Plus I feel like putting me in the boardroom is a one-sided. I mean, you are close friends with Clarka3. This whole situation puts me in a really slim spot. Last point: If we charged for tickets (something cheap like $5 or $10) we would've won. We were a sell out, but that's because we were free! Is it even possible for it not to be a sell out? That would've broken the tie and we would've won. That's why I shouldn't be fired. The freebie idea killed us.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #755 (permalink)

Quote:
So freakin' good. And the best part is, prior to this, my wife says "So what do you want, thanksgiving tacos or beef brisket bar-b-que sandwiches?" I almost said both.
And you didn't say both?!?!? Those are both awesome choices. I was wondering one thing about the Thanksgiving taco. Was it served in a flour or corn tortilla or something different, like torta bread?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #756 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
Again?! Come on! if I actually had a say in our team I'd agree with you, but nobody can listen to me! In events like this, both PM's should be fired. Like you, nothing personal. I've enjoyed you on our team, but c'mon, I shouldn't be here. And you're the only one on our team without a win. After this I'd like just a little more respect. I'm not talking about dictator-like power coming to me, but i just need some help. Plus I feel like putting me in the boardroom is a one-sided. I mean, you are close friends with Clarka3. This whole situation puts me in a really slim spot. Last point: If we charged for tickets (something cheap like $5 or $10) we would've won. We were a sell out, but that's because we were free! Is it even possible for it not to be a sell out? That would've broken the tie and we would've won. That's why I shouldn't be fired. The freebie idea killed us.
Totally legit and a good comeback...I'll bring mine in a bit. As for naming you, I felt pretty crappy doing so but the bulk of this idea was tajikey (and we didn't lose so I can't call him out) and clarka was the guy I called out in my first loss. You remain, and I agree you've been a heckuva strong member and you'll be strongly missed if you're gone. But it's gotta be someone if not me. I'm hoping we win instead!

Quote:
And you didn't say both?!?!? Those are both awesome choices. I was wondering one thing about the Thanksgiving taco. Was it served in a flour or corn tortilla or something different, like torta bread?
Hard for me to explain, maybe clarka could, but it's the same shell their duck taco is in. It's flour but it's not soft and it's not your typical hard, it's kind of wavy and crispy and really hard to eat without everything falling out. But it is delicious.

As for tortas...when I lived in Bloomington our local Mexican place made the best carnitas torta in the world. So so so so delicious.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #757 (permalink)

Hey Ilovethelakings. Your pm box is full. Make some room will ya already.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #758 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Totally legit and a good comeback...I'll bring mine in a bit. As for naming you, I felt pretty crappy doing so but the bulk of this idea was tajikey (and we didn't lose so I can't call him out) and clarka was the guy I called out in my first loss. You remain, and I agree you've been a heckuva strong member and you'll be strongly missed if you're gone. But it's gotta be someone if not me. I'm hoping we win instead!
i've loved having you here you're a straight up class act

i just can't go home yet
Old 11-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #759 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey Ilovethelakings. Your pm box is full. Make some room will ya already.
I need a bigger box.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #760 (permalink)

Okay, as for me - the first time I was PM I tried to go my own way a bit and it was shot down (even though I feel it was a solid idea) so with this one I really wanted to incorporate pieces of everyone's ideas. In the end the idea was a little bit me, a little bit tajikey, and a little bit Clarka. Wish it was a bit suns too, but the idea you had didn't really work with what we had so...kinda hard to make that work with us.

As for the idea itself, I think it was real solid. And obviously the Donald did too since we at least tied. I don't see how you can hate on an idea where Matt Cassel gets his due. I like the other team's idea as a baseball fan, but I feel our idea meets more of the entire fan experience with the mixing of sports/entertainment and would make a whole lot more money with auto signings/paid raffle entries/etc. We're gonna meet the needs of a lot more people and that's an awesome thing. The other team is gonna get Royals fans and people who dig baseball in general, which is fine, but we'd have more people interested in being there.

And as for you personally sunsfan, I really mean no hard feelings. You've been freaking awesome throughout this thing and I really hope you aren't voted out. But it's late in the game and someone has to go and you contributed the least to this challenge. It is what it is.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #761 (permalink)

Quote:
i've loved having you here you're a straight up class act

i just can't go home yet
Haha thanks man, and I totally understand. I was very tempted to name myself because you're such a strong member, but at the same time I'm not ready to go either. Our team is real strong and I'm taking the risk that we'll all stick around with someone on the other team losing.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #762 (permalink)

Quote:
Donald BOHICA - Alright, so it's a good news bad news type situation. The good news is that both teams did extremely well. In fact both events were sell outs. Congratulations. The bad news is that leaves a tie. So I'm going to ask both project managers to bring one person back with them. And out of the four people brought back, all 4 will be asked to argue their case, and one person will be fired from each team.
Heres the problem with hoping we lose one of you is going home regardless. As DBO put it one person from each team will be fired
Old 11-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #763 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnakaok View Post
Heres the problem with hoping we lose one of you is going home regardless. As DBO put it one person from each team will be fired
Whoops. Well if I go I'll still play cheerleader for the remaining guys. So tell you what Donald...I nominate myself to be tossed. Sunsfan has some solid ideas and I'd rather see him use those than me. It's been real though.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #764 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Whoops. Well if I go I'll still play cheerleader for the remaining guys. So tell you what Donald...I nominate myself to be tossed. Sunsfan has some solid ideas and I'd rather see him use those than me. It's been real though.
wow sad to see you go i hate this part of the game
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #765 (permalink)

Whoa, what a turn of events. For my team, I just want to say thanks for all of your help. No hard feelings but I am going to have to pick SportCardBuffet to come into the boardroom with me.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #766 (permalink)

Quote:
wow sad to see you go i hate this part of the game
Me too, but I think you guys will be the best three without me. I'm excited to see what comes of it!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #767 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Me too, but I think you guys will be the best three without me. I'm excited to see what comes of it!
yeah it's gonna be a fun ride but we still need a cheering section
Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #768 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you guys learned nothing? Throwing yourself under the bus doesn't mean that the other guy won't get fired too.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #769 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
I need a bigger box.
That's what she said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
Whoa, what a turn of events. For my team, I just want to say thanks for all of your help. No hard feelings but I am going to have to pick SportCardBuffet to come into the boardroom with me.
Ouch, after my good idea.

My argument:
Not much to say. I contributed my ideas to the team which were used in the final submission. Our team did great, in the event of a tie I think it should fall on the PM since they were not able to pull us through to victory.
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #770 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you guys learned nothing? Throwing yourself under the bus doesn't mean that the other guy won't get fired too.
It's true, but sunsfan has been an idea wizard in this thing. Do I need to go back and find good quotes to prove his worth? Aka the anti-boardroom? Support the other guy instead of supporting yourself lol
Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #771 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
Ouch, after my good idea.

My argument:
Not much to say. I contributed my ideas to the team which were used in the final submission. Our team did great, in the event of a tie I think it should fall on the PM since they were not able to pull us through to victory.
The idea you mention I used was suggested by cinnakoak as well, exact same thing (seriously I have the pms) It was a tough decision but cinnakoak and ilovethelakings both submitted from the beginning and contributed to form the initial idea. I just feel that the other two members contributed more from start to finish and as we come down to the final 6, it should be members that are active.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #772 (permalink)

DBO - I would like all the members on the chopping block a question. Who would you fire if you were me from the nominated members that are not on your own team?
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #773 (permalink)

I'd fire sportscardbuffet. He's been solid but Nodie always cracked me up on the other team.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #774 (permalink)

man, i didn't read DBO's first decision post clearly, because I was wondering why my two guys were clawing at each other in the boardroom!

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #775 (permalink)

Quote:
DBO - I would like all the members on the chopping block a question. Who would you fire if you were me from the nominated members that are not on your own team?
I would go with Spastikmoss. Without knowing who contributed to the final idea, the fact that the event was free seems absurd. The task was to see who had the highest attendance and having a free event will of course pack the stadium, but it has too many assumptions about owners picking up the tab and footing the bill on everything. Also, it assumes the Chiefs will get involved as well. Seems like an unrealistic free event that could never happen.