Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #801 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,604
Default

So we are going to just load them up with sugar, right guys? I am thinking churros, chocolate milk, and ice cream everyday along with a sensible main dish.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #802 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,364
Default

taji, i'll get you weds and thursday after a card i'm looking to win ends on ebay
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs), charmedfan92 (dvds)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #803 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Donald BOHICA - For this weeks project we are teaming up with the New York City public school system. Create a weeks school lunch menu that can satisfy the kids. Your total cost for the week per kid (assuming the kid eats all 5 lunches provided by the school) has to be less than $15 and each meal must maintain nutritional value. That means a menu for each day Monday through Friday. Whichever menu can satisfy the kids taste buds the most will be the winner. Good luck.

Milk and water are automatically provided and do not have to figure into the cost.
Friday Meal:

Turkey Medium Tacos: Non-Spicy and high in protein. Comes with lettuce, cheese, and salsa (all optional). Not huge sized but not tiny. $1 each. Comes with a fruit drink (Friday special) and either a small soup or small salad for $1.25 more.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #804 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,663
Default

DBO - Due date for this is going to be monday evening.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #805 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,604
Default

Mr. PM man, how goes our team's menu?
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #806 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,044
Default

Don't worry, team. Our submission will be in first thing Monday morning.just need to fill in two days!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #807 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Don't worry, team. Our submission will be in first thing Monday morning.just need to fill in two days!
tell me your bacon turkey in the avatar will be on the menu.

also, one of my submissions looks like sunsfan's. if you want it changed, PM me.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs), charmedfan92 (dvds)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:07 AM   #808 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
tell me your bacon turkey in the avatar will be on the menu.

also, one of my submissions looks like sunsfan's. if you want it changed, PM me.
Bacon covered smoked turkey is definitely legit, but wouldn't fit the "healthy" criteria. If you ever make it out here for whatever reason, I'll hook one up for you.

And no worries on the menu item, I planned on tweaking each just a little to fit an idea in my head. Basically, if we lose, I am going to fall on the sword. However, I'm confident we'll win
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #809 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
i could change mine if it messes up yours
nah, it sounds like Taji's got it handled
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs), charmedfan92 (dvds)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #810 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
tell me your bacon turkey in the avatar will be on the menu.

also, one of my submissions looks like sunsfan's. if you want it changed, PM me.
i could change mine if it messes up yours
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #811 (permalink)
Member
 
cinnakaok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,769
Default

anymore ideas from my team before i put the final submission together
__________________
The Jeremy Kerley Collector
129 Different Kerley's with 9 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #812 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnakaok View Post
anymore ideas from my team before i put the final submission together
Nope. Not really. Just remember to included LSD Thursday on the menu!
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #813 (permalink)
Member
 
cinnakaok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Nope. Not really. Just remember to included LSD Thursday on the menu!
Will do lol
__________________
The Jeremy Kerley Collector
129 Different Kerley's with 9 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #814 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,364
Default

make sure you guys do nothing but bath salts. the kids will eat each other all week after that!
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs), charmedfan92 (dvds)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #815 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,044
Default

DBO - Here's our submission:

Meat Loaf Monday:
Entrée – Freshly ground chuck roast, celery, carrots, mushrooms and onions
Main Side – Mac and Cheese
Veggies – Steamed Broccoli and Green Beans
Drink: Milk or Water

Taco Tuesday:
Entrée: Turkey Medium Tacos, with lettuce, cheese, and salsa on the side.
Main Side: Rice and Beans
Veggies: Corn on the cob
Drink: Horchata

Western Wednesday:
entree – Grilled Mexican Pizza, Hamburgers, and tortilla salad
Main side - mashed sweet potatoes, chips/salsa, or candied yams
Veggies - Corn, green beans, or okra
Drink: Ginger Ale

The Sky’s Falling Thursday:
entree - Chicken Nuggets, chicken patty sandwich, or chicken caesar salad
Main Starch Side - Mashed Potatoes/Gravy, rolls, or corn bread
veggies - Corn, sweet potatoes, or collared greens
Drink: Apple Juice

Finally Fry-day:
Entrée: Deep fried (in peanut oil) pizza, buffalo wings, and cheesesticks (Can also choose to have any of the three baked as opposed to fried).
Main Side: Twice fried fresh cut potato chips and fries
Veggies: Celery and carrot sticks
Drink: Cola

Last edited by tajikey; 11-19-2012 at 06:58 PM.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #816 (permalink)
Member
 
cinnakaok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,769
Default

Here is our Submission

Each Meal will come with milk or water as well a choice between Apple Juice,Gatorade,or Fruit Punch

Monday:
Meal: Hot Dog or Hamburger
Side order: Beans
Also will come with a small side salad or choice of apple slices or orange slices

Tuesday:
Meal: Pasta Day will offer 2 choices of pasta each will be Spaghetti and one other type sych as Bowtie's or Shells. Alfredo Sauce or Butter
Side: Piece of Garlic Bread

Wednesday:
Meal: Chicken Nuggets(7 nuggets)
Side: French Fries
also choice of Pear Slices or Diced Peaches

Thrusday:
Meal:Pizza(cheese or pepperoni)
Side: Cesar Salad

Friday:
Meal: Will be the Kids Choice of one of the weeks meals
Side: Choice of one of the weeks sides
they can mix and match the meals and sides doesnt have to be the same as it was in the week
__________________
The Jeremy Kerley Collector
129 Different Kerley's with 9 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #817 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 14,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
make sure you guys do nothing but bath salts. the kids will eat each other all week after that!
YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
DBO - Here's our submission:

Meat Loaf Monday:
Entrée – Freshly ground chuck roast, celery, carrots, mushrooms and onions
Main Side – Mac and Cheese
Veggies – Steamed Broccoli and Green Beans
Drink: Milk or Water

Taco Tuesday:
Entrée: Turkey Medium Tacos, with lettuce, cheese, and salsa on the side.
Main Side: Rice and Beans
Veggies: Corn on the cob
Drink: Horchata

Western Wednesday:
entree – Grilled Mexican Pizza, Hamburgers, and tortilla salad
Main side - mashed sweet potatoes, chips/salsa, or candied yams
Veggies - Corn, green beans, or okra
Drink: Ginger Ale

The Sky’s Falling Thursday:
entree - Chicken Nuggets, chicken patty sandwich, or chicken caesar salad
Main Starch Side - Mashed Potatoes/Gravy, rolls, or corn bread
veggies - Corn, sweet potatoes, or collared greens
Drink: Apple Juice

Finally Fry-day:
Entrée: Deep fried (in peanut oil) pizza, buffalo wings, and cheesesticks (Can also choose to have any of the three baked as opposed to fried).
Main Side: Twice fried fresh cut potato chips and fries
Veggies: Celery and carrot sticks
Drink: Cola
I love this menu...awesome job former team! I knew I made the right move cutting the fat lol.
__________________
Nothing to see here...
SpastikMooss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #818 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,604
Default

Nice job, PM. A simple menu that lunch ladies wouldn't have much difficulty preparing, and it looks like a budget minded school district would be able to sell those meals at reasonable prices that would actually go for under $15 a week.

P.S. I am disappointed that you didn't include LSD Thursday. Leaks, sardines, and dill pickles would had been a hit!
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 11-19-2012 at 07:59 PM.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #819 (permalink)
Member
 
cinnakaok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Nice job, PM. A simple menu that lunch ladies wouldn't have much difficulty preparing, and it looks like a budget minded school district would be able to sell those meals at reasonable prices that would actually go for under $15 a week.

P.S. I am disappointed that you didn't include LSD Thursday. Leaks, sardines, and dill pickles would had been a hit!
I thought about making it but I figured the lunch ladies would eat the food than the kids wouldn't get any
__________________
The Jeremy Kerley Collector
129 Different Kerley's with 9 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #820 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,663
Default

DBO - Tajikey, and cinnakaok my 10 year old niece is judging the menus as to which she would rather have. And she has a couple of problems with both of yours that I would like to give you an opportunity to fix.

Tajikey, she says that her school does not allow soda to be sold with school lunches, and that the only option they provide on a day to day menu is for the vegetables. Sides and entrees are standardized daily.


Cinnakaok, she says that gatorade is banned the same way as soda. Also each days meal is required to have a vegetable included.

Currently neither menu is allowable based on her school districts standards, so I'm going to give a 2 day extension on the deadline to allow them to fall more in line with her school's nutritional requirements and regulations.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #821 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 14,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
DBO - Tajikey, and cinnakaok my 10 year old niece is judging the menus as to which she would rather have. And she has a couple of problems with both of yours that I would like to give you an opportunity to fix.

Tajikey, she says that her school does not allow soda to be sold with school lunches, and that the only option they provide on a day to day menu is for the vegetables. Sides and entrees are standardized daily.


Cinnakaok, she says that gatorade is banned the same way as soda. Also each days meal is required to have a vegetable included.

Currently neither menu is allowable based on her school districts standards, so I'm going to give a 2 day extension on the deadline to allow them to fall more in line with her school's nutritional requirements and regulations.
I was wondering if that'd come into play. The kids at my school only get to choose their fruit.
__________________
Nothing to see here...
SpastikMooss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #822 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,604
Default

Okay PM, time to add those veggies to the menu.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #823 (permalink)
Member
 
cinnakaok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,769
Default

hmm i knew i forgot something ill get that taken care of.

Do you want a whole new submission or just edit then first one?

also team lmk what veggies you think go well with each meal
__________________
The Jeremy Kerley Collector
129 Different Kerley's with 9 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #824 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,663
Default

DBO - Post a new one please.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #825 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnakaok View Post
hmm i knew i forgot something ill get that taken care of.

Do you want a whole new submission or just edit then first one?

also team lmk what veggies you think go well with each meal
Do you still have the PM with the various veggie suggestions that I sent you before?
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.