Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #876 (permalink)

Donald BOHICA - And the winner is.......

9 guys, 1 cup.

Congratulations guys.

That means that Roadkill Collectors are going to the boardroom. All 3 of you are up for being fired, and your boardroom starts right now.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #877 (permalink)

Oooooohhhhhh snaps! Who'll be joining SCB and I in the final four? Tajikey.....it looks like our plan came together to get you at least this far.

ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #878 (permalink)
Banned

Ok, I'll start it off. Again, only 1 of my ideas was used. If I had nothing to do with us losing, why should I be fired? The non-Christmas idea was a bad one and I had to be the sole contributor. In a situation like this, I believe the PM should be fired.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #879 (permalink)

DBO - For the record my friend said the main reason for one team beating the other was for not using the musicians on The Voice as part of your performance.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #880 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I can't blame the project manager on this one, as he put a lot of work into getting it together. If anyone should be fired, it's sunsfan8. He admitted it himself, only one of his ideas was used, and that's because only one of his ideas was good enough to make it passed the brainstorm.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #881 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I can't blame the project manager on this one, as he put a lot of work into getting it together. If anyone should be fired, it's sunsfan8. He admitted it himself, only one of his ideas was used, and that's because only one of his ideas was good enough to make it passed the brainstorm.
Really? Like these ideas were much better? I got put in a sh!t situation and did my best in it. And really? He put a lot a lot of work in it? Come on man. That's sh!t reasoning.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #882 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
Really? Like these ideas were much better? I got put in a sh!t situation and did my best in it.
You had every opportunity to tell the PM that you thought it was a bad idea, but you chose instead to shake your head yes and submit to authority. There's no way you'd have the ability and/or confidence to win, let alone, lead a team within DBO's organization, if you were to move forward.

Last edited by tajikey; 12-02-2012 at 11:38 PM.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #883 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
You had every opportunity to tell the PM that you thought it was a bad idea, but you chose instead to shake your head yes and submit to authority. There's no way you'd have the ability and/or confidence to win, if you were to move forward.
Even if I did raise my voice, there'd be nobody around to listen. Why would I be ignored about my ideas then, magically, I pop back into existence?
Old 12-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #884 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
DBO - For the record my friend said the main reason for one team beating the other was for not using the musicians on The Voice as part of your performance.
I wonder who realized that using those four folks was a good idea
Old 12-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #885 (permalink)

Good Job old team lol Hopefully one of you wins
Old 12-03-2012, 02:24 AM   #886 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I wonder who realized that using those four folks was a good idea
^^^^ - Nice work sir!
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #887 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
^^^^ - Nice work sir!
It took two of us in the end. You had to decide if things were good enough or not. Who do you think will be staying? *sips champagne on a comfy sofa while watching the drama go down in the boardroom on a big screen t.v.*
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #888 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Even if I did raise my voice, there'd be nobody around to listen. Why would I be ignored about my ideas then, magically, I pop back into existence?
*crickets*
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #889 (permalink)

Quote:
*crickets*
We can hear those crickets all the way in the over here. Watch out SBC.....It looks like someone is about to get thrown under a bus.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #890 (permalink)

DBO - Sunsfan8, can you give me an example of an idea you proposed for this challenge that was not used?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #891 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
DBO - Sunsfan8, can you give me an example of an idea you proposed for this challenge that was not used?
This Girl is On Fire. Which would've been perfect to put after O Holy Night. Both have the soul that would've worked with Alicia's voice. But, instead we got Ed Helms?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #892 (permalink)

Quote:
It took two of us in the end. You had to decide if things were good enough or not. Who do you think will be staying? *sips champagne on a comfy sofa while watching the drama go down in the boardroom on a big screen t.v.*
Clarka isn't defending himself, perhaps he's ready to be fired....

*burst out in evil laughter while toasting champagne glass with ilovethelakings*
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #893 (permalink)

I am out of town on business. Will defend myself when I get home later tonight

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #894 (permalink)

Damn, sh** just got real son!

I was wondering if things would get personal or heated since it is just for fun. This is like a social experiment. Interesting stuff. Glad I was kicked off when I did or else I would have hated you all by the end of this
Old 12-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #895 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, I'll start it off. Again, only 1 of my ideas was used. If I had nothing to do with us losing, why should I be fired? The non-Christmas idea was a bad one and I had to be the sole contributor. In a situation like this, I believe the PM should be fired.
originally 2 of your three choices that you shot my way were in. here's the PM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8
So for non-holiday:

Good Feeling ft. Flo Rida
Empire State of Mind ft. Jay-Z (If in NY)
This Girl is on Fire

Good Feeling was in for a while until I realized that it wasn't the greatest choice for a duet so it got axed. I also had doubts about it being allowed (as Empire State of Mind with Jay Z wasn't allowed). Empire State of Mind was a great idea since it was taking place in New York so I figured it would fire up the local support and kept it in with a late substitution for a duet partner.

Girl on Fire is a tough song to add. I see where it could have fit after you mentioned it during your defense, but you didn't perk up after I posted the original submission to say anything or add anything.

You also didn't speak your opposition to the part of the project you were delegated, so as far as I knew you were on board. When I had an issue earlier in the game I spoke up. Spastik was the PM then, and I didn't make it any secret that I was displeased with the route we were taking as a team (during the football renaming of the Jags task).

So, if you're not going to speak up at the point of attack, how can you justify attacking after the fact?

I leaned heavily on Taji for the submission because he was on point with his part of the project. Even with a few of his duet partners getting axed by DBO, his submissions were great and I had to tweak on the fly to get our submission to be "legit". I did my best to fill everything out with the Christmas songs/duets and I thought we had a very strong submission. Turns out none of us thought of using The Voice. Win some, lose some.

In summation, if anyone should be dropped, it's Sunsfan. It's nothing personal dude, just business. Taji is a strong leading man-lady, and I feel that I put forth a great effort each time out so I do not feel that it is my time to go.

OOC- Sorry for taking so long guys! I was out of town yesterday and just got back in after a 3 hour drive so I got this in even before I changed and took a #@#@#@#@!

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #896 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
Damn, sh** just got real son!

I was wondering if things would get personal or heated since it is just for fun. This is like a social experiment. Interesting stuff. Glad I was kicked off when I did or else I would have hated you all by the end of this
I don't think you could hate me. I am too dang cuddle-licious.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #897 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
originally 2 of your three choices that you shot my way were in. here's the PM:
Good Feeling was in for a while until I realized that it wasn't the greatest choice for a duet so it got axed. I also had doubts about it being allowed (as Empire State of Mind with Jay Z wasn't allowed). Empire State of Mind was a great idea since it was taking place in New York so I figured it would fire up the local support and kept it in with a late substitution for a duet partner.

Girl on Fire is a tough song to add. I see where it could have fit after you mentioned it during your defense, but you didn't perk up after I posted the original submission to say anything or add anything.

You also didn't speak your opposition to the part of the project you were delegated, so as far as I knew you were on board. When I had an issue earlier in the game I spoke up. Spastik was the PM then, and I didn't make it any secret that I was displeased with the route we were taking as a team (during the football renaming of the Jags task).

So, if you're not going to speak up at the point of attack, how can you justify attacking after the fact?
I wasn't on the computer after the submission. I wanted to fix it, but by then it was too late, so I didn't say anything. There was no point. I don't see how it's my fault that the sh!t ideas were put up because I didn't say anything. The non-holiday one was the dumbest one we've seen. Everyone I've asked agrees with me.

You want to know why I didn't speak up before the deadline? Because I knew you wouldn't change a f**king thing. You wouldn't listen to me before, why would you know? This is all on you bud. You put me in a sh!thole and I'm taking the blame for it? And now you're double teaming me? I was mad before, but now I'm f**king pissed. This is ridiculous. I'm not taking the blame for this loss and I'm sure as hell not going out like this.

Empire State of Mind: Good job.
Good Feeling: Eh, I get where you're coming from, but no.
Gril On Fire: Really? Are you f**king kidding me?! You're blaming me that you didn't use my idea?!

This situation is just.... Wow. I don't see why the hell anybody but the PM should be fired.

Last edited by sunsfan8; 12-04-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #898 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think you could hate me. I am too dang cuddle-licious.
Ironically, that's the reason why I hate you. Who am I to resist you?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #899 (permalink)

This has turned into a great boardroom fight. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #900 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
This has turned into a great boardroom fight. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Glad I could start something fun.