Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #901 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
nice GIF, haven't seen this one before
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Cameron's nephew, I would never do such a thing. I came up with my part 4 days ago The mole knows that to be true and used part of it to make your guys' show.

Two excellent GIFs! Also, I learned from this round that Creed Bratton used to be part of The Grass Roots and that is amazing to me. So..thanks! Even if it sadly comes at the expense of RKC solidarity.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #902 (permalink)

DBO - Sportscardbuffet and Ilovethelakings, if you were me, who would you fire?
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #903 (permalink)

Mr. DBo, I'd have to go with Clarka. As his team's PM, I don't understand how he could put together a show without using The Voice's talent. It seemed to be a no-brainer to me. He was the one who approved a show that didn't include some NBC's most talented musical talent currently under contract in the first place. Even worse, he made the ill advised decision to develop a show that included talent that wasn't contractually obligated to NBC, which went against one of the ground rules of the challenge, and they included songs that do not fall under the umbrella of holiday music, which seems to go against the whole point of a holiday special. Neither of those things should had ever made it to his team's final submission in the first place. So in short, Clarka has got to go for not making better judgement on the ideas he accepted and published.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #904 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Mr. DBo, I'd have to go with Clarka. As his team's PM, I don't understand how he could put together a show without using The Voice's talent. It seemed to be a no-brainer to me. He was the one who approved a show that didn't include some NBC's most talented musical talent currently under contract in the first place. Even worse, he made the ill advised decision to develop a show that included talent that wasn't contractually obligated to NBC, which went against one of the ground rules of the challenge, and they included songs that do not fall under the umbrella of holiday music, which seems to go against the whole point of a holiday special. Neither of those things should had ever made it to his team's final submission in the first place. So in short, Clarka has got to go for not making better judgement on the ideas he accepted and published.
Common sense? GTFO!
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #905 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
Common sense? GTFO!
I'm guessing you like my choice
Old 12-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #906 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm guessing you like my choice
Yes, sir.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #907 (permalink)

haha. blatant attempt to get rid of the stronger competition.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #908 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking........ilovethelakings, stop reading my mind!!!
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #909 (permalink)

Donald BOHICA - Ultimately this loss was not due to the songs chosen. It was due to the performers selected, and using all of your resources to their fullest. That choice falls on the shoulders of one man in this case...

Clarka3....

Old 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #910 (permalink)

Donald BOHICA - The teams are no more. Everyone is playing on an individual basis. There are no more team challenges, and only 2 people can be in the final. So you will all fill out the following questionaire and post it with your answers in this thread. Using that information I will fire 2 more people and then we will have our final task.

What has been your finest task thus far?
What has been your weakest task thus far?
Which already eliminated player do you think should still be in the game and why?
Which 2 people of the 4 left belongs in the final?
Which of the 3 other finalists do you think would be the easiest to beat?
Which of the 3 other finalists do you think would be the hardest to beat?
Besides yourself who has been the best player in this competition eliminated or not?
What do you think are your finest attributes?
What are your biggest weaknesses?
For each of the other 3 finalists why should they not be declared the winner?
Why should you be the Blowoutcards Apprentice?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #911 (permalink)

When would you like the question answered by Mr. DBo?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #912 (permalink)

Quote:
When would you like the question answered by Mr. DBo?
DBO - As soon as possible.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #913 (permalink)

sad that DBO would allow the other team to knock out the greatest competition and just go with it. I thought he wanted a winner, but apparently he wants somebody that skates by.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #914 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
sad that DBO would allow the other team to knock out the greatest competition and just go with it. I thought he wanted a winner, but apparently he wants somebody that skates by.
You had us shaking in our boots, so you had to go.

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 12-05-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #915 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #916 (permalink)

Quote:
You get bonus points for using something from Supernatural.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #917 (permalink)

Quote:
DBO sees everything. Including pre-edited posts!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #918 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Dang it...........I just wanted to be a little kinder in my good-bye.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #919 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Quote:
Dang it...........I just wanted to be a little kinder in my good-bye.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #920 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Default My Submission

What has been your finest task thus far? The previous task was definitely my finest as a winning PM in a outnumbered team.

What has been your weakest task thus far? The 30 second TV Spot for World War Z, it was my first time as PM and I lost

Which already eliminated player do you think should still be in the game and why? Clarka3, he thinks he was the best of us all, so let him come back so he can be fired again

Which 2 people of the 4 left belongs in the final? ilovethelakings & tajikeyrosa, as much as I would like to win, I'm being honest on believe these to as stronger competitors.

Which of the 3 other finalists do you think would be the easiest to beat? Sunsfan8, apparently his ideas are never used so I'm honestly unaware of his abilities.

Which of the 3 other finalists do you think would be the hardest to beat? ilovethelakings, he's one sneaky mother f*****

Besides yourself who has been the best player in this competition eliminated or not? ilovethelakings, he easily was the grounds for most of our submissions

What do you think are your finest attributes? I'm very good looking from a distance

What are your biggest weaknesses? Fried chicken & sports cards

For each of the other 3 finalists why should they not be declared the winner? sunsfan8: he's a fan of the suns tajikeyrosa: tranny? ilvethelakings: If he wins you won't get to enjoy him next season

Why should you be the Blowoutcards Apprentice? I'm probably the least deserving member, which is why winning would make it so much sweeter!

Last edited by SportCardBuffet; 12-06-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Skipped a question like a dumb ass
Old 12-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #921 (permalink)
Banned

What has been your finest task thus far? Deleware. I led that. Greatly.

What has been your weakest task thus far? Probably this last task because I was poorly used

Which already eliminated player do you think should still be in the game and why? SpastikMoos. Great boardroom member and a great guy.

Which 2 people of the 4 left belongs in the final? ilovethelakings and I

Which of the 3 other finalists do you think would be the easiest to beat? SCB, just because I haven't really seen much of him.

Which of the 3 other finalists do you think would be the hardest to beat? ilovethelakings. He's got experience.

Besides yourself who has been the best player in this competition eliminated or not? ttmtrader. But, in all seriousness, I thought GatorBoy was a strong leader. Just got caught up with work and he had to go.

What do you think are your finest attributes? I'm an idea man.

What are your biggest weaknesses? My inability to be heard.

For each of the other 3 finalists why should they not be declared the winner? SCB: See Above. ilovethelakings: ....... I got nothing. tajikey: I didn't find him very enjoyable to work with. Just doesn't seem like a leader that most people would want.

Why should you be the Blowoutcards Apprentice? Determination, work, ideas, and the ability to rise above the competition, I'm the full package.

No matter what happens, thanks everyone for making this a great experience and pumped to be in the final four!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #922 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

My finest task was contributing a large amount to the giving back to the fine residents of Kansas City. Looking back now after the recent events, it feels even more special than it did originally.

The most recent task would be my weakest task. I feel like I made some valuable contributions, but overlooking the talent from the Voice was a huge misstep.

Which already eliminated player do you think should still be in the game and why?
Clarka3. He was a really good project manager who devoted a lot of time and attention to his tasks. He is a huge reason why I'm still in the competition.

Ilovethelakings and myself.

Sunsfan8

Ilovethelakings

Besides yourself who has been the best player in this competition eliminated or not?
Ilovethelakings

Well spoken, thorough, collaborative, outside-the-box thinker, leader

None to speak of

SCB doesn't contribute enough, sunsfan8 complains too much, and ilovethelakings is a bandwagon riding hockey fan

I feel like I embrace all the qualities of a successful apprentice. I will represent the Site well, and do all in my power to further contribute to the overall success of the organization. I'm also quite easy on the eyes.

Last edited by tajikey; 12-06-2012 at 12:24 AM.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #923 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
My finest task was contributing a large amount to the giving back to the fine residents of Kansas City. Looking back now after the recent events, it feels even more special than it did originally.

The most recent task would be my weakest task. I feel like I made some valuable contributions, but overlooking the talent from the Voice was a huge misstep.

Clarka3. He was a really good project manager who devoted a lot of time and attention to his tasks. He is a huge reason why I'm still in the competition.

Ilovethelakings and myself.

Sunsfan8

Ilovethelakings

Ilovethelakings

Well spoken, thorough, collaborative, outside-the-box thinker, leader

None to speak of

Cinnakaok doesn't contribute enough, sunsfan8 complains too much, and ilovethelakings is a bandwagon riding hockey fan

I feel like I embrace all the qualities of a successful apprentice. I will represent the Site well, and do all in my power to further contribute to the overall success of the organization. I'm also quite easy on the eyes.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #924 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Ha ha ha...my bad, brother.

Sorry, DBO, edited my post.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #925 (permalink)

What has been your finest task thus far? Even though I wasn’t PM on the task, I would have to say the Alicia Keys holiday special challenge. Our team was outnumbered by a great threesome, but we still came out victorious. I came up with the lion’s share of the ideas that were used, which helped my PM win and, in the end, eliminate the third strongest player left at that point in the game.
What has been your weakest task thus far? The Delaware tourism challenge without a doubt.
Which already eliminated player do you think should still be in the game and why? Nodie27 because he had quite a few good ideas for the other challenges, and if not for a bit of bad luck, he could have easily made it to the final four.
Which 2 people of the 4 left belongs in the final? Yours truly and tajikeyrosa. I mean this as no insult to the other two players, but if I make it to the finals, I want to take her/his head off more than the other two competitors’ noggins.
Which of the 3 other finalists do you think would be the easiest to beat? SCB because I think I could predict what he would end up creating for the final challenge and easily improve upon it, since we seem to think so similarly.
Which of the 3 other finalists do you think would be the hardest to beat? tajikeyrosa
Besides yourself who has been the best player in this competition eliminated or not? tajikeyrosa. He is a proven winner and contributed to his former team in a positive way each and every challenge.
What do you think are your finest attributes? I take each task seriously and try to come up with ideas that would work in the real world. I work well with others and try to suggest ideas that can lead to success instead of failure. Also, I was never willing brought into the boardroom by a single one of my PMs when our team suffered a loss.
What are your biggest weaknesses? Giving others the chance to do things their way, even when I know they will probably screw things up.
For each of the other 3 finalists why should they not be declared the winner? Suns, he seemed to be a pushover, but I liked the way he fought for his spot in the end. SCB, although he had two solid wins as a PM, he relied heavily on others’ ideas far too often. Tajikeyrosa, he/she has been a bit too emotional ever since the death of his/her significant other and he almost allowed another strong competitor into the final four by not trying to give clarka the boot when he had the chance to do so.
Why should you be the Blowoutcards Apprentice? I enjoy a good challenge. I believe in the importance of a well thought out plan. I know how to lead when others are lost, and know when to listen for ideas that make something good into something great and from something great into something truly memorable.