Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #151 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,784
Default

In the boardroom....

DBO - Alright I had my best people evaluate your final results. That's me, myself, and I. And of course the people at Snickers.

Team 9 guys, 1 cup - Your jack daniels flavored Snickers reminded me of my dad and how much the lash of his belt stung. Your tag line Snickers is all grown up and brought a friend was so stupid, that the Snickers people all left before they even got to see your commercial. Your commercial of people eating Snickers in a bar and then passing out in an alley way however was beautifully shot and reminded me of something Scorsese would have made had he not passed away.

Team Roadkill Collectors - Your flavor of white chocolate toffee flavored Snickers with bath salts & pretzel bits was addicting while being too long to actually fit on a wrapper. Your tagline of Go Nuts on our Snickers. Snickers really Zombiefies!! tested extremely poorly in areas with money, but very well in areas with a high population density of people who practice voodoo. Your commercial titled get our nuts in your mouth was borderline pornographic.


So, the results are in, and Snickers has decided they will not be moving forward with either of these. However, they had to pick a winner and they picked.....

9 Guys, 1 cup.

Congratulations to that team. pmannings#1fan, please pick 2 people to bring back to the boardroom with you where you will argue your case, and someone will be fired.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #152 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,941
Default

Alright! It wasn't a clean win, but it was a win nevertheless.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #153 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,397
Default

newton615 & spastikmoss.
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #154 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 15,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
newton615 & spastikmoss.
Oh shoot. I knew I was gonna be one of the two. I swear I'll do better in the next round boss!

In the meantime, any office errands need run? Shine your shoes? Dry clean your...ties?
__________________
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know
Everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold
Hey, I'll be fine once I get it
I'll be good
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #155 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Oh shoot. I knew I was gonna be one of the two. I swear I'll do better in the next round boss!

In the meantime, any office errands need run? Shine your shoes? Dry clean your...ties?
I do need my suit taking to the dry cleaners
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #156 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 15,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
I do need my suit taking to the dry cleaners
Excellent! I'll take care of the Bath Salt casualties as well. I'll bury them in the same place as the dead hook...errr I mean past apprentice losers...err I mean the rest of the Bath Salt Snickers stock. Yeah let's go with that.
__________________
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know
Everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold
Hey, I'll be fine once I get it
I'll be good
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #157 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 3,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Alright! It wasn't a clean win, but it was a win nevertheless.
Told ya it was golden (almost)...that was a tough challenge from the Donald to open with!!
__________________
"You have to break by the case" Zammos1, 3:16
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #158 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,666
Default

man, that bath salts idea was a real winner. haha. shoulda done the bubble-gum!
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs),

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #159 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
man, that bath salts idea was a real winner. haha. shoulda done the bubble-gum!
I have yet to make my case. I have faith I can turn it around
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #160 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,151
Default

Now we have consumers on Ativan drips. Told yall lol.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #161 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default

WOOHOO! i'm not last!
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #162 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 15,017
Default

When do we make our boardroom case?
__________________
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know
Everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold
Hey, I'll be fine once I get it
I'll be good
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #163 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
When do we make our boardroom case?
If we would have stayed away from Bath Salts, like I suggested, we wouldn't have members in the boardroom!
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #164 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 15,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
If we would have stayed away from Bath Salts, like I suggested, we wouldn't have members in the boardroom!
Too true. It just seemed like such a win at the time so I backed newton's idea. Back in May people just couldn't get enough of them , I guess the idea was a little too behind the times.
__________________
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know
Everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold
Hey, I'll be fine once I get it
I'll be good
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #165 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Too true. It just seemed like such a win at the time so I backed newton's idea. Back in May people just couldn't get enough of them , I guess the idea was a little too behind the times.
Yeah, now we are out of Ativan in hospitals across America. Thanks to ya'lls idea.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #166 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 15,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Yeah, now we are out of Ativan in hospitals across America. Thanks to ya'lls idea.
Well I guess it's time to make those Snickers with the hydro in them - at least until the Ativan stock is back up
__________________
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know
Everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold
Hey, I'll be fine once I get it
I'll be good
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #167 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,784
Default

You should be making your boardroom arguements right now. As soon as the project manager choses the two, it's game on.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #168 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 15,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
You should be making your boardroom arguements right now. As soon as the project manager choses the two, it's game on.
Gotcha.

Then my boardroom argument:
I admit that I threw my support behind the wrong idea, but it was Newton's idea first and foremost and so I do think he should get the brunt of our loss (plus it was his slogan that tested so poorly in areas with money, and we're trying to make money!). I also think I was very active and good at trying to mesh people's ideas together which could come in useful in the future. I feel like the more we collaborate and work together the better our ideas will be, and so I'll keep being active and bringing ideas together if I'm here in the future rounds!

And I dropped that suit off at your house cap'n, hopefully it's dry cleaned to your liking
__________________
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know
Everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold
Hey, I'll be fine once I get it
I'll be good
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #169 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Gotcha.

Then my boardroom argument:
I admit that I threw my support behind the wrong idea, but it was Newton's idea first and foremost and so I do think he should get the brunt of our loss (plus it was his slogan that tested so poorly in areas with money, and we're trying to make money!). I also think I was very active and good at trying to mesh people's ideas together which could come in useful in the future. I feel like the more we collaborate and work together the better our ideas will be, and so I'll keep being active and bringing ideas together if I'm here in the future rounds!

And I dropped that suit off at your house cap'n, hopefully it's dry cleaned to your liking
Alrighty then, lets do this.

I feel like I deserve to stay on the team more then Mr. Mooss. I was the brainchild of an idea that even though its not "socially acceptable" would make a lot of profit. He backed my idea to no end and agreed it was a good marketing ploy. Even though my snickers didnt win I believe a true leader follows no one, which is what he did. I think I did a lot of work for this project and even though it ended up losing, I could be a real asset in future product and activity ideas.
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #170 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Alrighty then, lets do this.

I feel like I deserve to stay on the team more then Mr. Mooss. I was the brainchild of an idea that even though its not "socially acceptable" would make a lot of profit. He backed my idea to no end and agreed it was a good marketing ploy. Even though my snickers didnt win I believe a true leader follows no one, which is what he did. I think I did a lot of work for this project and even though it ended up losing, I could be a real asset in future product and activity ideas.
An 8 ball of powder can triple your money rockin it up but you certainly can't market it to the public or at least the majority of the public. Sad to see you go but 23rd & Boots street is missin ya!
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #171 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
An 8 ball of powder can triple your money rockin it up but you certainly can't market it to the public or at least the majority of the public. Sad to see you go but 23rd & Boots street is missin ya!
Wait did you just fire me? I thought only mmbtvs had that power
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #172 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Wait did you just fire me? I thought only mmbtvs had that power
Only he can, but I had that feelin so figured I say that post lol.
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #173 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Wait did you just fire me? I thought only mmbtvs had that power
Donald BOHICA will do all the firing.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #174 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 15,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Donald BOHICA will do all the firing.
It's all in the Donald's hands now...
__________________
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know
Everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold
Hey, I'll be fine once I get it
I'll be good
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #175 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,784
Default

Donald Bohica - Mistakes were made. pmannings#1fan you made the mistake of listening to bad ideas. Spastikmoos you made the mistake of supporting bad ideas. newton615 you made the mistake of suggesting bad ideas. My summation is that you are all dumbasses. And unfortunately I can only fire one of you.

pmannings#1fan, I'm the only one who fires people around here, plus you were the project manager so ultimately the responsibility falls on you, so I gotta say it....

pmannings#1fan...
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.