Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #201 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
we really shoulda saved the bath salt idea for this project
Karma's a fickle bitch. Lets do this guys, any ideas?
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #202 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 15,178
Default

I'm thinking tying something in with Matthew Fox and Lost and Zombies. I can't piece them enough together but I'll leave you that lead. Any Lost fans who can tie that all together.
__________________
Visit my COMC - the closest thing to a storefront I will ever own Cheap prices, offers always considered

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #203 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 3,231
Default

Need the theater-movie voiceover guy (you know the one) to lead off the clip with: "In a world...ravaged by zombies...one man..has declared WORLD WAR Z!" Jump cut to hero character chainsawing zombie in half while in full-throat scream... then?
__________________
Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #204 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
I'm thinking tying something in with Matthew Fox and Lost and Zombies. I can't piece them enough together but I'll leave you that lead. Any Lost fans who can tie that all together.
Ive seen the complete series 3 times. Ill definitely try and think of something. Anyone else?
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #205 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
SportCardBuffet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: \/irgina
Posts: 10,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Donald BOHICA - "For this next task we've partnered with the people putting out the movie World War Z. You'll need to create a tagline for the movie, and cut together a 30 second tv spot. We'll show both trailers to a test audience and the trailer with the higher viewer approval score will be the winner."

As always, you guys get in what you would like, and I'll make up the rest. Good luck.
@ Mr. BOHICA When is this due by?


Alright guys lets start hearing some ideas!
__________________
Actively Taking Consignments, PM For Details!
Watch Me Break Live On Ustream
Watch Me Break Live On BreakersTV
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #206 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,999
Default

i got this team. give me a few mins to type.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (custom)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #207 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,999
Default

i've read the book over and over again.


Max Brooks was the author (Mel Brooks' son). Brad Pitt is taking the lead on this one. In the book, it's done all in the past- meaning it's narrated through interviews, but the war has already been "won" and he was recapping the entire thing through a report after interviews. not sure which way they're going with the movie, but it sounds like they are going with a different route, where he's trying to stop it from happening.

either way, the most captivating scenes are probably the battle scenes. I suggest we take the Battle of Yonkers scene and run with a major part of that as the trailer. In the book, it was the first major battle between the US military and the undead. and the US got their asses kicked.


So first scene- The US preparing their battle lines and formations at the mouth of a bridge. Show tanks and artillery and infantry in full MOPP gear digging fox holes. Maybe an image of a confident looking general in front of a war map (or digital video with a real-time map).

Second Scene- show the undead following the last of the civillians running through the bridge to safety. Have this POV from behind the front line of the zombies so they can see the military off in the distance prepping everything but still coming.

then a bunch of cuts of the action. Massive artillery shelling, tanks firing, planes dropping bombs, etc.

Cut to an infantryman's perspective and have him jumped by a zombie, close-up on the teeth coming toward the camera.

Show the military retreating in disarray, and one plane dropping a massive bomb on the main body of the zombies as the tanks and trucks retreat.

as the smoke and dust settles, show the destruction, and show more and more zombies just walking through un-touched- be sure to show it in a way that makes it clear there is nothing living remaining on the field of battle. And just show the ridiculous amount of zombies still just coming over the bridge.

boom. trailer that hooks zombie fans and military action fans. Also, it was an early point in the book and the "war", so it doesn't give anything away while making things seem dire for humanity.

oh, make sure there is a bit of Brad Pitt sprinkled in there so the girls know he's in it. Perhaps at each cut-away to the new scene, you can have like a 1-2 second cut of the main stars at different points of the movie to know that they are all in it.

Voice-Over would say something like "The Best, Most well funded military in the entire world is setting up to stop the undead menace for once and for all. All of the best machines of war and munitions are ready to be dropped right on the head of the zombified citizens of New York City."

action starts.

scenes end.

"And all the best weapons in the world lose..."


off topic- great book. can't wait for the film, but i hope they really do their best to just follow the book and flesh it out that way.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (custom)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 08-26-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #208 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
@ Mr. BOHICA When is this due by?


Alright guys lets start hearing some ideas!
Let's say tuesday evening.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #209 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,346
Default

Clarka3 shutting the door on 9 guys 1 hammer. Maybe incorporate Matthew Fox as one of the main characters? The only thing I didnt like about it was the tagline, and the voice over. Everything else is gold. Ill try and think of how to tweak those two parts, anyone else think they can top Clark?
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #210 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Clarka3 shutting the door on 9 guys 1 hammer. Maybe incorporate Matthew Fox as one of the main characters? The only thing I didnt like about it was the tagline, and the voice over. Everything else is gold. Ill try and think of how to tweak those two parts, anyone else think they can top Clark?
haha the parts you didn't like were the parts I cared the least about. i just got into visualizing that battle from the book
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (custom)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #211 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 15,264
Default

So here is my idea:

Open on two old men having beer and smoking in a rundown cafe. Their tattered clothing and withered features suggest that they have had very hard lives as of late.

Old Man 1: Did you hear?
Old Man 2: Did I hear what?
OM1: Madge was spotted wandering around Pine Street this afternoon.
OM2: You don't say?
OM1: Indeed, I do.
OM2: But didn't she die last April.
OM1: Yeah, but she's back now.
OM2: Good for her. I always thought she was quite a dame.

The old men pause for a moment, take a sip of their respective beers, and take a couple puffs off their cigarettes. Something off in the distance catches the second old man's attention.

Old Man 2: Well what do you know? There goes good ol' Madge right now.
Old Man 1: You don't say?

The old men sigh in unison.

Old Man 1: Guess it's time to go back to work.
Old Man 2: I guess so. I was really hoping to at least finish my Bud, but so goes life.
OM1: Sometimes I envy them.
OM2: Tell me about it.

Each old man then goes on to take a shotgun from a dufflebag near their feet. They stand up and start making their way towards Madge.

Screen fades to black and title of the film comes up with the tag line below it:

Everybody's a soldier.

This is then followed by the sounds of two shot gun blasts, a short pause, and the voice of one of the old men saying, "Damn zombies."

Commercial ends with the release date of the film.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 08-28-2012 at 08:53 PM.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #212 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 3,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
So here is my idea:

Open on two old men having coffee and smoking in a rundown cafe. Their tattered clothing and withered features suggest that they have had very hard lives as of late.

Old Man 1: Did you hear?
Old Man 2: Did I hear what?
OM1: Madge was spotted wandering around Pine Street this afternoon.
OM2: You don't say?
OM1: Indeed, I do.
OM2: But didn't she die last April.
OM1: Yeah, but she's back now.
OM2: Good for her. I always thought she was quite a dame.

The old men pause for a moment, take a sip of their respective coffees, and take a couple puffs off their cigarettes. Something off in the distance catches the second old man's attention.

Old Man 2: Well what do you know? There goes good ol' Madge right now.
Old Man 1: You don't say?

The old men sigh in unison.

Old Man 1: Guess it's time to go back to work.
Old Man 2: I guess so. I was really hoping to at least finish my coffee, but so goes life.
OM1: Sometimes I envy them.
OM2: Tell me about it.

Each old man then goes on to take a shotgun from a dufflebag near their feet. They stand up and start making their way towards Madge.

Screen fades to black and title of the film comes up with the tag line below it:

Everybody's a soldier.

This is then followed by the sounds of two shot gun blasts, a short pause, and the voice of one of the old men saying, "Damn zombies."

Commercial ends with the release date of the film.
Maybe add something to capture the spirit of the backwoods hick zombie-huntin' with cases of Budweiser as depicted in Romero's Night of the Living Dead?
__________________
Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #213 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 15,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Maybe add something to capture the spirit of the backwoods hick zombie-huntin' with cases of Budweiser as depicted in Romero's Night of the Living Dead?
Change coffee to Bud, and I think it would still work.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #214 (permalink)
Member
 
cinnakaok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
So here is my idea:

Open on two old men having coffee and smoking in a rundown cafe. Their tattered clothing and withered features suggest that they have had very hard lives as of late.

Old Man 1: Did you hear?
Old Man 2: Did I hear what?
OM1: Madge was spotted wandering around Pine Street this afternoon.
OM2: You don't say?
OM1: Indeed, I do.
OM2: But didn't she die last April.
OM1: Yeah, but she's back now.
OM2: Good for her. I always thought she was quite a dame.

The old men pause for a moment, take a sip of their respective coffees, and take a couple puffs off their cigarettes. Something off in the distance catches the second old man's attention.

Old Man 2: Well what do you know? There goes good ol' Madge right now.
Old Man 1: You don't say?

The old men sigh in unison.

Old Man 1: Guess it's time to go back to work.
Old Man 2: I guess so. I was really hoping to at least finish my coffee, but so goes life.
OM1: Sometimes I envy them.
OM2: Tell me about it.

Each old man then goes on to take a shotgun from a dufflebag near their feet. They stand up and start making their way towards Madge.

Screen fades to black and title of the film comes up with the tag line below it:

Everybody's a soldier.

This is then followed by the sounds of two shot gun blasts, a short pause, and the voice of one of the old men saying, "Damn zombies."

Commercial ends with the release date of the film.
this idea sounds good to me
__________________
The Jeremy Kerley Collector
146 Different Kerley's with 13 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #215 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 15,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i've read the book over and over again.


Max Brooks was the author (Mel Brooks' son). Brad Pitt is taking the lead on this one. In the book, it's done all in the past- meaning it's narrated through interviews, but the war has already been "won" and he was recapping the entire thing through a report after interviews. not sure which way they're going with the movie, but it sounds like they are going with a different route, where he's trying to stop it from happening.

either way, the most captivating scenes are probably the battle scenes. I suggest we take the Battle of Yonkers scene and run with a major part of that as the trailer. In the book, it was the first major battle between the US military and the undead. and the US got their asses kicked.


So first scene- The US preparing their battle lines and formations at the mouth of a bridge. Show tanks and artillery and infantry in full MOPP gear digging fox holes. Maybe an image of a confident looking general in front of a war map (or digital video with a real-time map).

Second Scene- show the undead following the last of the civillians running through the bridge to safety. Have this POV from behind the front line of the zombies so they can see the military off in the distance prepping everything but still coming.

then a bunch of cuts of the action. Massive artillery shelling, tanks firing, planes dropping bombs, etc.

Cut to an infantryman's perspective and have him jumped by a zombie, close-up on the teeth coming toward the camera.

Show the military retreating in disarray, and one plane dropping a massive bomb on the main body of the zombies as the tanks and trucks retreat.

as the smoke and dust settles, show the destruction, and show more and more zombies just walking through un-touched- be sure to show it in a way that makes it clear there is nothing living remaining on the field of battle. And just show the ridiculous amount of zombies still just coming over the bridge.

boom. trailer that hooks zombie fans and military action fans. Also, it was an early point in the book and the "war", so it doesn't give anything away while making things seem dire for humanity.

oh, make sure there is a bit of Brad Pitt sprinkled in there so the girls know he's in it. Perhaps at each cut-away to the new scene, you can have like a 1-2 second cut of the main stars at different points of the movie to know that they are all in it.

Voice-Over would say something like "The Best, Most well funded military in the entire world is setting up to stop the undead menace for once and for all. All of the best machines of war and munitions are ready to be dropped right on the head of the zombified citizens of New York City."

action starts.

scenes end.

"And all the best weapons in the world lose..."


off topic- great book. can't wait for the film, but i hope they really do their best to just follow the book and flesh it out that way.
Can we have one of the characters say that voice over instead? Like maybe Matthew Fox does that first part prior to "action starts" with occasional cuts of him with others, and then at the end Brad Pitt says "And all the best weapons in the world lose." Obviously we could tweak the lines a bit to make them more natural for these guys, but that way we capture those lines and give the audience an idea of the actors too.
__________________
Visit my COMC - the closest thing to a storefront I will ever own Cheap prices, offers always considered

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #216 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Can we have one of the characters say that voice over instead? Like maybe Matthew Fox does that first part prior to "action starts" with occasional cuts of him with others, and then at the end Brad Pitt says "And all the best weapons in the world lose." Obviously we could tweak the lines a bit to make them more natural for these guys, but that way we capture those lines and give the audience an idea of the actors too.
I vote for Madea!
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:52 AM   #217 (permalink)
Member
 
csmtampa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
So here is my idea:

Open on two old men having coffee and smoking in a rundown cafe. Their tattered clothing and withered features suggest that they have had very hard lives as of late.

Old Man 1: Did you hear?
Old Man 2: Did I hear what?
OM1: Madge was spotted wandering around Pine Street this afternoon.
OM2: You don't say?
OM1: Indeed, I do.
OM2: But didn't she die last April.
OM1: Yeah, but she's back now.
OM2: Good for her. I always thought she was quite a dame.

The old men pause for a moment, take a sip of their respective coffees, and take a couple puffs off their cigarettes. Something off in the distance catches the second old man's attention.

Old Man 2: Well what do you know? There goes good ol' Madge right now.
Old Man 1: You don't say?

The old men sigh in unison.

Old Man 1: Guess it's time to go back to work.
Old Man 2: I guess so. I was really hoping to at least finish my coffee, but so goes life.
OM1: Sometimes I envy them.
OM2: Tell me about it.

Each old man then goes on to take a shotgun from a dufflebag near their feet. They stand up and start making their way towards Madge.

Screen fades to black and title of the film comes up with the tag line below it:

Everybody's a soldier.

This is then followed by the sounds of two shot gun blasts, a short pause, and the voice of one of the old men saying, "Damn zombies."

Commercial ends with the release date of the film.

I like this one!
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:42 AM   #218 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
SportCardBuffet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: \/irgina
Posts: 10,049
Default

@ Mr. BOHICA, I'm leaving responsibility to ilovethelakings, he will post our results as I will be away on urgent business. I should return in time to see who ends up in the board room.
__________________
Actively Taking Consignments, PM For Details!
Watch Me Break Live On Ustream
Watch Me Break Live On BreakersTV
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:47 AM   #219 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,346
Default

Ok team, are we set to go with Clarka3's idea? Any tweaks, comments, questions, concerns?
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #220 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 15,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Ok team, are we set to go with Clarka3's idea? Any tweaks, comments, questions, concerns?
My only tweaks are if we wanted to change the voice over (all or part of it) to quotes by Pitt and Fox in the trailer. A nice little way to get them in the trailer and show they're in the movie. But I will let you guys decide if you want to make that change or not! Either way works for me.
__________________
Visit my COMC - the closest thing to a storefront I will ever own Cheap prices, offers always considered

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #221 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
My only tweaks are if we wanted to change the voice over (all or part of it) to quotes by Pitt and Fox in the trailer. A nice little way to get them in the trailer and show they're in the movie. But I will let you guys decide if you want to make that change or not! Either way works for me.
I like that, maybe it could be whoever dies first talking in the beginning then whoever lives cutting in half way through? This is assuming one of them dies.

(sidebar) unrelated, what the hell happened to Matt Fox? He was great in lost then vanished
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #222 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 3,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
@ Mr. BOHICA, I'm leaving responsibility to ilovethelakings, he will post our results as I will be away on urgent business. I should return in time to see who ends up in the board room.
kings are you up for this?
__________________
Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #223 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 15,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
kings are you up for this?
Our commercial is posted down below by Hairy.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 08-28-2012 at 11:09 PM.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #224 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,346
Default

Mr. BOHICA this is our submission. The first part is narrated by Matthew Fox, when the action hits it goes to Brad Pitt, then after the action ends (and Bratt Pitt dies) Matthew Fax comes back for the tagline. Max Brooks was the author (Mel Brooks' son). Brad Pitt is taking the lead on this one. In the book, it's done all in the past- meaning it's narrated through interviews, but the war has already been "won" and he was recapping the entire thing through a report after interviews. not sure which way they're going with the movie, but it sounds like they are going with a different route, where he's trying to stop it from happening.

either way, the most captivating scenes are probably the battle scenes. I suggest we take the Battle of Yonkers scene and run with a major part of that as the trailer. In the book, it was the first major battle between the US military and the undead. and the US got their asses kicked.


So first scene- The US preparing their battle lines and formations at the mouth of a bridge. Show tanks and artillery and infantry in full MOPP gear digging fox holes. Maybe an image of a confident looking general in front of a war map (or digital video with a real-time map).

Second Scene- show the undead following the last of the civillians running through the bridge to safety. Have this POV from behind the front line of the zombies so they can see the military off in the distance prepping everything but still coming.

then a bunch of cuts of the action. Massive artillery shelling, tanks firing, planes dropping bombs, etc.

Cut to an infantryman's perspective and have him jumped by a zombie, close-up on the teeth coming toward the camera.

Show the military retreating in disarray, and one plane dropping a massive bomb on the main body of the zombies as the tanks and trucks retreat.

as the smoke and dust settles, show the destruction, and show more and more zombies just walking through un-touched- be sure to show it in a way that makes it clear there is nothing living remaining on the field of battle. And just show the ridiculous amount of zombies still just coming over the bridge.

boom. trailer that hooks zombie fans and military action fans. Also, it was an early point in the book and the "war", so it doesn't give anything away while making things seem dire for humanity.

oh, make sure there is a bit of Brad Pitt sprinkled in there so the girls know he's in it. Perhaps at each cut-away to the new scene, you can have like a 1-2 second cut of the main stars at different points of the movie to know that they are all in it.

Voice-Over would say something like "The Best, Most well funded military in the entire world is setting up to stop the undead menace for once and for all. All of the best machines of war and munitions are ready to be dropped right on the head of the zombified citizens of New York City."

action starts.

scenes end.

"All the best weapons in the world lose..." (Fox says this)
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #225 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 3,231
Default

MR. BOHICA! Here is 9 Guys 1 Cup's ACTUAL submission, authorized by our Project Manager SCB and via ilovethelakings:

Voiceover: Solanum (long pause)
-Scene of dead body on the ground not moving. Only the backside of the dead body can be seen.
No one who who succumbed to it had ever heard of it before
-Same body now twitching
Nobody knows how it started
-Same body twitching even more
Some say it was God’s or nature’s revenge on humanity
-Same body starts rising from the ground
But it did something unexpected, something unprecedented
-Body continues rising
It united the world to fight one common enemy (long pause)
-Body now fully raised and turning its head
Zombies
-Focus on zombie’s face while it turns its whole body and slowly moves toward the camera
(Quick cut scenes of main characters/actors mixed with action scenes and dramatic music lasting about 7 to 10 seconds in total)
Voiceover: World War Z (pause)
This is humanity’s last stand.
__________________
Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy

Last edited by hairysasquatch; 08-28-2012 at 10:51 PM.
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.