Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Good for you, Ben--sounds like you've got a good plan to follow. Good luck while you are away
Agreed...all the best Ben. You seem like a genuinely good-natured/well-intentioned guy. Just keep at it and things will start falling in to place.
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #52 (permalink)

Ben - If you need any advice or support, feel free to hit me up....in the meantime....F$%# the critics.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #53 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Good luck Ben! Hoping that some people go back and read their posts on here and realize how ignorant they sound. And on the other end of the spectrum, kudos to those trying to understand and be a positive influence.
khalldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #54 (permalink)

Benjamin,

Kudos on your great attitude. I wish you nothing but the best. Hopefully this nuthouse (Blowout Boards) can help you with advice that is useful to the situation. Now that I and many others understand your goals we would love to help. Please take us up on this request.

Be sure to lean on your friends in your Church Group for enouragement and help to keep you on course. This will also be a great way to expand your base of friends.

Keep up the good work and attitude
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
Thank you for your posts and your concerns about me. I have considered all the points and will go as doors open in my life. Right now I've been working on sorting my cards, and as I sort I keep getting new ideas. The creative juices really have been flowing in my life since I've made this decision. Things I've forgotten or neglected in my business that would make a successful business are now making its way through, I'm also more relaxed and less anxious.

I noticed some of you guys also brought up something I have been struggling with. I had a big discussion with this about my Mom today and she was so kind in telling me pretty much what some of you guys told me. I have a tendency of getting stuck in my thoughts, and it brings me on a downward spiral. I need sometimes a big kick-in-the-pants sometimes, and it is posts like this that helps me receive that. That is why I keep going to church, as my pastor & fellow church members can hold me accountable to them.

As for now, I'm going to ask for more hours at McDonalds and wait for doors to open here or there. God has been more than gracious to me, and I keep on growing in my maturity. I am behind, as I have had some mental health issues, so although I'm 30, sometimes I have the mind of a 20 year old. I started growing physically late too, and that has thrown my life off. I even look a lot younger than I really am for my age.

I'm going to change a couple things with my life:

1. I'm going to plan more time for social life. I'm probably going to spend more time with like-minded people & find people around my local area to hang out with. Already been meeting some really cool people and getting back with old friends.
2. Probably going to start exercising more. I really do need to lose a couple extra pounds, so that would help release some of the anxiety.
3. I'm going to rethink my ebay strategy. I take it my high-volume strategy doesn't work right now on ebay, and its costing me almost 75% of my revenue stream. So I don't think it'll work at all. I need to make a low-inventory level/quick return system in which I can keep listing items & flipping my inventory on ebay very quickly. I have some nice fast-moving items right now, but its just not enough.

If an opportunity with a small business in Lee pops up, I may take it. I really want to get a foothold in a local small business to learn how it runs and operates so I can emulate their style possibly in my own small business. The market is tough right now, so McDonalds is good enough for now. I try to learn as much as I can from the Managers, and I have learned a lot of the physical skills. Now I really want to learn the planning skills & the operations Management side of a business.

Feel free to PM me if you want, or follow the links in the original post. I probably won't revisit this thread again. My account will go deactive on September 1st and will reactivate on November 1st with a lot more money to invest/save and a fresher look. I appreciate the kind responses & the rude remarks. Its good to hear the flip side because it helps me to process my thoughts better. After all, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Sometimes I need a "reset" button in life, and you guys gave me just that. The extra push to make me stronger.

Benjamin
Old 08-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #55 (permalink)

Ben - My Grandmother who happened to be a Minister always stressed to me the need for moderation & balance. It's important to take a minute now and then to refocus and ensure things are prioritized correctly. You sound like you are on the right track. I also agree exercise is a great outlet for a whole number of reasons. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmtampa View Post
Sorry but this is pathetic. Many threads by the OP are along these same lines. People offered solid advice and many words of encouragement. Instead of thinking about how sweet your room would look with a race car bed, you should think about how sweet it would be to have a room of your own in YOUR own place.

Get the nip out your mouth and grow up. Selling Penguin cards is not going to pay the bills in the real world. Get a nice career with the degree you have and then start your side business. Selling the cards you sell will not pay the bills.

Sorry if that was harsh, but that seems to be the only way some things click for people.
would feel kind of bad if i were you knowing now that the OP has some mental health problems...
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #57 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

Not sure how I missed this the last few days so I'll chime in a bit. Ben you and I have had some great conversations (you're a bit stubborn but I think you are seeing some things a little different paypal shipping ring a bell). I understand where you are right now I am somewhat there in my own life. Been out of work for about 4 weeks now (16 years of working full time jobs and now I am still looking) and have been thinking a lot about change. I am 32 and I have decided to completely change careers. Lord willing I have a great job lined up for the County here but it won't start until Nov. 1st and I won't know probably until about 3 weeks before whether or not I have the job. I had to pass on a job because of this (they didn't want to spend training money on me if i was leaving so I shelved it for now thankfully they will take me anytime thanks to a great reputation from my previous employer). What I have learned though is to enjoy your time with family and friends. I have spent more time with my 6 year old daughter this month than I probably did the last year and have loved it. I am rambling sorry I have a ton on my mind right now. Point is always love the ones who support you, continue in your faith it will carry you sometimes when nothing else can, and do what you love doing, look at this as the point in your life whatever you decide to do now you need to be able to finish your life doing it (think career not job). Good luck man no matter what you do.
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
would feel kind of bad if i were you knowing now that the OP has some mental health problems...
Why? I have mental health problems too So do many others in this world. Like he said, sometimes he needs some tough love to get things going. What did I provide? Some tough, real life love
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #59 (permalink)

Ben - wherever you are, I hope your mind is at ease these days!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #60 (permalink)

Here, here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Ben - wherever you are, I hope your mind is at ease these days!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #61 (permalink)

Has benjemiah returned yet?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #62 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I miss ben....In Bizarro world Ben would be IMac

They are pretty much similar but the way they deal with people are 180 degree different.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #63 (permalink)

We need to start an official: I spank it for Ben! Thread so the dude knows we support him and want back.

Benjemiah, broseph, bray, come back dude!