Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Vortex if you want a burger. Taco Mac if you want wings. Both have an excellent beer selection. They are with in walking distance of each other if you're in Midtown.
killinmesmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #27 (permalink)

If u have the time the aquarium
Also mellow mushroom pizza lol
fduran27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #28 (permalink)

The Martin Luther King Jr national historic site is amazing.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #29 (permalink)

There are two Vortex locations that I know of one is a fe blocks from the Margret Mitchell House I mentioned earlier and the other was on Man VS Food which is on Moreland Ave between Pounce De Leon and I-20. The main thing no one has mentioned yet is while in Atlanta never leave valuables in your car and make sure to lock your car. We were at a restaurant and some theives smashed several windows and tooks laptops, purses, a GPS that was mounted on the windsheild, wallet with cash at the same place. You can break a window in under 30 seconds. They were also filming Dumb and Dumber here last year and someone stole a camera that mounts to a helicopter while the guys were in a IHOP!
Braves_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves_Fan View Post
There are two Vortex locations that I know of one is a fe blocks from the Margret Mitchell House I mentioned earlier and the other was on Man VS Food which is on Moreland Ave between Pounce De Leon and I-20. The main thing no one has mentioned yet is while in Atlanta never leave valuables in your car and make sure to lock your car. We were at a restaurant and some theives smashed several windows and tooks laptops, purses, a GPS that was mounted on the windsheild, wallet with cash at the same place. You can break a window in under 30 seconds. They were also filming Dumb and Dumber here last year and someone stole a camera that mounts to a helicopter while the guys were in a IHOP!
Yes, the Vortex you're referring to is the one in L5P. As for the crime issues stated in this thread, "the true dirty south" etc.. I NEVER, have had a problem going downtown. Whether it be The Ted, The Fox, or The Dome. I have not had an issue at all.
killinmesmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killinmesmalls View Post
Yes, the Vortex you're referring to is the one in L5P. As for the crime issues stated in this thread, "the true dirty south" etc.. I NEVER, have had a problem going downtown. Whether it be The Ted, The Fox, or The Dome. I have not had an issue at all.

Some places have good security like the Dome and The Fox I goto to both but I am just saying better be safe then sorry and dont test the waters.
I was at the Target on Caroline St North of I-20 and someone broke into my car and stole my Blackberry and kids Gameboy of course store security said they didnt see anything on their tape. At my Apartment complex they smashed both passenger side windows around 4am but someone called the police and they got caught so I was lucky that time.
Braves_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:56 PM   #32 (permalink)

I was attending a technical school for Sharp Electronics once in Atlanta and I decided to go downtown just for the hell of it. So, I'm a rather large white boy and i get down there and I'm the only white boy around? This was back in the mid 90's. So I'm just walking around and at some point I notice I'm not seeing any other white people lol...at all...I had a couple of people stop and talk to me and ask me what i was doing and where i was trying to go? I had no idea what was up but it was a strange feeling. Turns out it was Freaknik. I felt like i was in that scene in Animal House lol.

I didn't have any problems though, everyone was nice to me that I encountered. Just depends on where you are at, there are a lot of crackheads in Atlanta.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #33 (permalink)

The one day I was in Atlanta I went here for dinner and liked it:

Mary Mac's Tea Room - Midtown - Atlanta, GA

The World of Coca-Cola was fun to visit, too.
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is online now   Reply With Quote