Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
I would say the same to you, Mr. Intellectual Overlord. I believe you need to try harder if you are going to be the one who will lead us towards civility. I'm sure it's possible, but I had not dared dream it so here among the trolls, children, and idiots. But perhaps you are the one who can do it--I await your efforts, sir!
Never said anything about being civil did I? Nope!
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Never said anything about being civil did I? Nope!
Is that not what your end goal is, sir? First, you teach the heathens to spell. Then, you teach them to argue using logic and all aspects of higher reasoning. Finally, you encourage the savages to embrace the culture you have brought to them. Would this not end in civility?

I am but your humble servant,
M. McGee
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
I would say the same to you, Mr. Intellectual Overlord. I believe you need to try harder if you are going to be the one who will lead us towards civility. I'm sure it's possible, but I had not dared dream it so here among the trolls, children, and idiots. But perhaps you are the one who can do it--I await your efforts, sir!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Hey maybe you should make your avatar an eye !

oh wait ...
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Is that not what your end goal is, sir? First, you teach the heathens to spell. Then, you teach them to argue using logic and all aspects of higher reasoning. Finally, you encourage the savages to embrace the culture you have brought to them. Would this not end in civility?

I am but your humble servant,
M. McGee
LOL. Next is world domination! HEED THY WRATH! LOL. Okay, back to baseball cards now.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #56 (permalink)

I was once told "meandering" and "belittlement" were too big of words to use on here. How predictably puerile of the commoners!

Last edited by Zoop; 08-27-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
I was once told "meandering" and "belittlement" were too big of words to use on here. How predictably puerile of the commoners!
Indeed, good fellow, indeed! How lucky we are to have a leader with the intellect capable of leading us from the wilderness of our ignorance! A truly educated individual who can decipher for us all the big words in use out there! Maybe one day I can use them myself--I do aspire for such a day. My heart lifts up with these dreams--the educated one serves as a beacon leading me forward towards realizing my potential. Oh happy day, indeed!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Indeed, good fellow, indeed! How lucky we are to have a leader with the intellect capable of leading us from the wilderness of our ignorance! A truly educated individual who can decipher for us all the big words in use out there! Maybe one day I can use them myself--I do aspire for such a day. My heart lifts up with these dreams--the educated one serves as a beacon leading me forward towards realizing my potential. Oh happy day, indeed!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #59 (permalink)

Sometimes I wish the people on here would read what they have typed before clicking the post button. A lot of times it makes no sense what so ever and sounds stupid. Just read my sig for an example
Old 08-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
Sometimes I wish the people on here would read what they have typed before clicking the post button. A lot of times it makes no sense what so ever and sounds stupid. Just read my sig for an example

Did you mean: whatsoever ?
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #61 (permalink)

wazzzzzzup? got cards 4 sell?
i am is mak ah thred abowt speelling.-lolcat38.jpg
kwalter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Poor spelling and grammar is obnoxious and highly annoying. I don't like getting a migraine trying to decipher a simple English paragraph.#@

There is a difference between shorthand ("$" instead of "money," "CMB" instead of "check my bucket") and piss-poor grammar and sentence structure.#@

I'm guessing most of the poor grammar is from kids...which is even worse. Guess what, kids? Lazy grammar is terrible form. You keep doing this, and you're going to get used to it and do it elsewhere. Try using Internet shorthand on a high school test - you will fail. At least, I hope you do. If we made more than three grammar mistakes on any essay test in high school, it was an automatic F. Guess what? It forced us to speak proper English in every walk of life. And it helped us subsequently get jobs, get into college, and be successful later in life.#@

Sure, on a message board it's relatively harmless, other than being an utter nuisance to everyone who has to read it. But it's poor form and puts you into a bad routine.

#@Imagine if you were a high school ball player and your coach was trying to fix your batting stance. And when the coach wasn't around, you went back to dropping your back shoulder and following through with one hand. You'll start doing the same crap during real games and probably get benched. Practicing proper English is the same concept. If I were you, I'd use any chance you get to write outside of school to hone your craft, so you can get into a good college, graduate, get a well-paying job...and be able to afford more cards.#@
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Me fail Inglish?

That's unpossible.
It's just so much better hearing Ralph say it

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 08-27-2012 at 02:17 PM.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
Poor spelling and grammar is obnoxious and highly annoying. I don't like getting a migraine trying to decipher a simple English paragraph.#@

There is a difference between shorthand ("$" instead of "money," "CMB" instead of "check my bucket") and piss-poor grammar and sentence structure.#@

I'm guessing most of the poor grammar is from kids...which is even worse. Guess what, kids? Lazy grammar is terrible form. You keep doing this, and you're going to get used to it and do it elsewhere. Try using Internet shorthand on a high school test - you will fail. At least, I hope you do. If we made more than three grammar mistakes on any essay test in high school, it was an automatic F. Guess what? It forced us to speak proper English in every walk of life. And it helped us subsequently get jobs, get into college, and be successful later in life.#@

Sure, on a message board it's relatively harmless, other than being an utter nuisance to everyone who has to read it. But it's poor form and puts you into a bad routine.

#@Imagine if you were a high school ball player and your coach was trying to fix your batting stance. And when the coach wasn't around, you went back to dropping your back shoulder and following through with one hand. You'll start doing the same crap during real games and probably get benched. Practicing proper English is the same concept. If I were you, I'd use any chance you get to write outside of school to hone your craft, so you can get into a good college, graduate, get a well-paying job...and be able to afford more cards.#@

Your post highlights many of the shortcomings we see on a daily basis. I espouse your cause, but I wish you invested the time to mold your post into an example.
fullmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #65 (permalink)

Thread moved due to the OP's inability to know what thread goes where. Nicely done!

Quote:
#@#@#@#@#@
since when does #@ mean ANYTHING whatsoever?

Quote:
LOL. Next is world domination! HEED THY WRATH! LOL. Okay, back to baseball cards now.
the phrase "next is world domination" is not a complete sentence, even if you add an exclamation point at the end.

point: before claiming you have perfect spelling and grammar, you might want to read your own posts.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTaplin View Post
1. Many younger kids (teens maybe) not really taught all that well.
2. People with disabilities (multiple threads recently regarding this).
3. Text typing
4. It's only a message board, I type fast, who cares.
I think one of the more common reasons as to why the grammer and spelling can be bad here is ESL. While english is the common language globally, it may not be the primary language used daily by many members that may not reside in North America.

I find myself typing fast and not re reading what I have typed on many occasions. Since this doesnt count towards marks, money and work in general, I dont usually spend much time crossing my Ts and dotting my i's before I hit the submit button.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #67 (permalink)

It's a given when someone wishes to tout himself as smarter than the unwashed masses here, he will promptly put his foot in his mouth and appear to be the fool himself.

Having said that, I did quite enjoy writing my posts in this thread last night.

I am your most humble servant,
M. McGee
Old 08-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
I have no idea. I wrote it on my iPhone notepad then pasted it here. There were no "#@'s" anywhere. Something to do with Safari being utter crap, I guess
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #69 (permalink)

I found myself panicking when I couldn't find this thread in the Baseball section -- really glad to see it's still around!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
I have no idea. I wrote it on my iPhone notepad then pasted it here. There were no "#@'s" anywhere. Something to do with Safari being utter crap, I guess
huh, my bad then! i seriously get mad when i see one of your posts because i have no clue what it means. sometimes it isn't there, and now i know why!
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #71 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Incorrect spelling and grammar stand out to me sometimes but I don't correct people unless it is really bad. Some people type fast and don't proof read before submitting, but others sound so bad that you know that no amount of proof reading will help.

And, yes, I did copy this into a word file to double check.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
It's a given when someone wishes to tout himself as smarter than the unwashed masses here, he will promptly put his foot in his mouth and appear to be the fool himself.

Having said that, I did quite enjoy writing my posts in this thread last night.

I am your most humble servant,
M. McGee
I don't recall putting my foot in my mouth. I'm sorry I have a better understanding of the English language than you.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
Thread moved due to the OP's inability to know what thread goes where. Nicely done!

the phrase "next is world domination" is not a complete sentence, even if you add an exclamation point at the end.

point: before claiming you have perfect spelling and grammar, you might want to read your own posts.
Thank you for bumping this thread for me.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't recall putting my foot in my mouth. I'm sorry I have a better understanding of the English language than you.
Well, obviously, you most certainly exceed my understanding of the English language since you are an educated individual. I am but a mere hobbyist in this language compared to your skill and mastery of the common tongue.

However, your foot-in-mouth miscue was that you were harping on others about being proper when you could not even put your post in the right sub-forum. Thus, you failed basic reading comprehension on this board.

I'm sorry to inform you of your mistake; I'm sure it's hard for you to accept that you were capable of making one.

EDIT: By the way, winky-winky and all that--I'm not being serious, in case you could not tell.

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 08-27-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, obviously, you most certainly exceed my understanding of the English language since you are an educated individual. I am but a mere hobbyist in this language compared to your skill and mastery of the common tongue.

However, your foot-in-mouth miscue was that you were harping on others about being proper when you could not even put your post in the right sub-forum. Thus, you failed basic reading comprehension on this board.

I'm sorry to inform you of your mistake; I'm sure it's hard for you to accept that you were capable of making one.

EDIT: By the way, winky-winky and all that--I'm not being serious, in case you could not tell.

LOL. Your attacks towards me are funny. Please keep bumping this thread as you have nothing better to do.