Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
I'm more interested to see what will happen if Sudekis leaves. I think they have a huge problem if he does, so many sketches they wouldnt be able to do (Miley Cyrus show, Wolf Blitzer, Underground Festival, maybe What's Up with That?) not to mention no matter who wins the election, he would be either Biden or Romney.
HAHA let's face it, "What's Up With That?" has become more about Jason doing his weird-ass dancing in the background than anything Keenan does. I'll miss Jason a lot if he does indeed leave...he's probably my all-time favorite player.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

You ever watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip? That was actually one of my favorite shows, thanks to Aaron Sorkin, that got cut WAY too short. And yes, this is on topic, cause it was the dramatic interpretation of what goes on behind the scenes of an SNL-type show (basically SNL, since it was also on NBC).
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
You ever watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip? That was actually one of my favorite shows, thanks to Aaron Sorkin, that got cut WAY too short. And yes, this is on topic, cause it was the dramatic interpretation of what goes on behind the scenes of an SNL-type show (basically SNL, since it was also on NBC).
I haven't! I should check it out...Sorkin's great. Looks like Matthew Perry had a starring role? I think that's where they went wrong...LOL

Sorkin spends a lot of time researching before he starts writing his material. You have to figure that he spent some time with the cast/crew on production days. I know for a fact he was on set with Olbermann's show back when he was on MSNBC in order to research his new show The Newsroom.

I guess I'll see if I can find this somewhere...add that to the list of TV shows I missed that I need to catch up on
Old 08-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
I haven't! I should check it out...Sorkin's great. Looks like Matthew Perry had a starring role? I think that's where they went wrong...LOL

Sorkin spends a lot of time researching before he starts writing his material. You have to figure that he spent some time with the cast/crew on production days. I know for a fact he was on set with Olbermann's show back when he was on MSNBC in order to research his new show The Newsroom.

I guess I'll see if I can find this somewhere...add that to the list of TV shows I missed that I need to catch up on
Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford (West Wing, another one of my favorite shows of all time) kill it in their respective roles. Perry will actually surprise you. And the writing, it's REALLY good, but apparently, too good for the general public to keep up with.

Try Netflix. They have the whole first -and only - season on Instant Streaming. If you don't like it, there's something wrong with you.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford (West Wing, another one of my favorite shows of all time) kill it in their respective roles. Perry will actually surprise you. And the writing, it's REALLY good, but apparently, too good for the general public to keep up with.

Try Netflix. They have the whole first -and only - season on Instant Streaming. If you don't like it, there's something wrong with you.
Haha alright, I'll give it a go. I've been debating Netflix for a while...the other shows on my list are as follows: The Wire, Twin Peaks, Treme, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter...and now Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, LOL. I don't think Netflix carries ALL of those, but I'm sure I'll be able to stay busy with the ones they do have.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #31 (permalink)

Netflix definitely doesn't carry The Wire, as I've looked for it with no luck. I have to resort to the DirecTV vault for that one, which isn't bad. It is hard watching the first couple seasons, as they weren't shot in HD.

Dexter is there, at least the first couple seasons. You should probably add Breaking Bad to your list if you haven't already, and if/when you get around to it, try to track down Homeland. I just picked up Season 1 on Blu-ray, because that show is way too good not to own. Claire Danes is at her absolute finest, and Mandy Patinkin, he has been on the top of my best television actors list since Criminal Minds. I hear he was REALLY good on Dead Like Me, but I never got around to watching that.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Netflix definitely doesn't carry The Wire, as I've looked for it with no luck. I have to resort to the DirecTV vault for that one, which isn't bad. It is hard watching the first couple seasons, as they weren't shot in HD.

Dexter is there, at least the first couple seasons. You should probably add Breaking Bad to your list if you haven't already, and if/when you get around to it, try to track down Homeland. I just picked up Season 1 on Blu-ray, because that show is way too good not to own. Claire Danes is at her absolute finest, and Mandy Patinkin, he has been on the top of my best television actors list since Criminal Minds. I hear he was REALLY good on Dead Like Me, but I never got around to watching that.
Yup, The Wire is the #1 show on the top of my list. Breaking Bad I plan on getting around to, as well...I really should've knocked a few of these out this summer, since I've got new seasons of all my shows coming up this fall which will take up most of my TV time. Not to mention a DVR full of classic movies recorded uninterrupted from TCM that I need to cross off my checklist...ugh, I am such an unmotivated media consumer
Old 08-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Love Bill Hader's stuff. Frank Ocean is a good performer to get on the show too