Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default LOST

Anyone else miss this show as much as I do? One of the top 3 television shows of all time in my opinion. There was no other show that I can remember which caused me to dissect every single detail of each episode to figure out what was going on. Anybody have any favorite memories or debates they would like to share?
Old 08-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

The last season ruined the show for me. I refuse to buy it.

Before then, I felt like it might be one of the most interesting network TV shows and one that I spent way too much time thinking and reading about
Old 08-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

What ruined it? The ending scene or the entire season?
Old 08-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
What ruined it? The ending scene or the entire season?
Well, as more and more questions were not being answered, I grew frustrated as the season went on. The mythology episode was not great, IMO. And by the final scene I was thoroughly [angry].

To me, the show ended with Juliet banging on the nuclear bomb.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

I got frustrated with the lack of answers too. But the sheer number of questions people had was incredible. The producers bit off more than they could chew it seems.

I was upset by the ending scene after my first viewing. To find out that essentially everything in the final "alternate reality" season was not "real" was a cop out. I watched it again recently and I will admit I didn't hate it as much. I still wish they would have done things differently but I can live with it.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
I got frustrated with the lack of answers too. But the sheer number of questions people had was incredible. The producers bit off more than they could chew it seems.

I was upset by the ending scene after my first viewing. To find out that essentially everything in the final "alternate reality" season was not "real" was a cop out. I watched it again recently and I will admit I didn't hate it as much. I still wish they would have done things differently but I can live with it.
I totally agree that they bit off more than they could handle.

The problem is through the entire show they encouraged the OCD-level of investigation fans had with the smallest details of the show and the related theories people made up to explain them. And then the producers say at the end, "Yeah, all that stuff doesn't matter." That just didn't sit well with me.

I could forgive it if they gave the fans a great ending, but it felt like a cheap trick to me.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

You make many valid points. The way I have reconciled the shortcomings of the show in my head is like this though- They were literally 10 questions or more raised with each episode. One viewers interpretation of an important question that needed to be answered could be totally different than anothers.

I am somewhat ok with the fact that there were many unanswered questions. This way I can believe what I want and come to my own conclusions. You can tell that the producers did think ahead, in terms of the end game, but they did appear to start winging the finer details towards the end.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Having lived on a central Pacific island the original previews looked interesting. Then I found out it was a sci-fi show and that turned me off. My wife and I may be the only two people who have never seen an episode.

If I started watching today it would probably take me 50 years to get through all of them.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Having lived on a central Pacific island the original previews looked interesting. Then I found out it was a sci-fi show and that turned me off. My wife and I may be the only two people who have never seen an episode.

If I started watching today it would probably take me 50 years to get through all of them.
If you value your sanity don't start watching this show. From the opening scene you will be hooked. Many sleepless nights will then be spent analyzing and reanalyzing the meaning behind the events that occur each episode.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post

My wife and I haven't seen a single episode and we are sci-fi fans
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'm currently rewatching Lost. We are finishing up season 1 -'Exodus'.
stellablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablue View Post
I'm currently rewatching Lost. We are finishing up season 1 -'Exodus'.
I love watching the old episodes to see if there was something I missed the first time around.

Here is a great website that I used to visit religiously when Lost was still on the air.

Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia
Old 08-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

I've been saying I want to re-watch it again. I miss it too. Especially since it started running on G4 recently. I know I will get sucked in again even though I know what happens.
Old Nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Nap View Post
I've been saying I want to re-watch it again. I miss it too. Especially since it started running on G4 recently. I know I will get sucked in again even though I know what happens.

Were you happy with the end of the show?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

For some reason I can not get past the pilot episode, I have talked to a lot of people and they all say about the fourth or fifth episode in and then it gets real good. I may give it another try but I may just skip the first few episodes.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

I watched the entire series within about a month, one of my favorites of all time.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

It was a little perplexing. Took a little while to sink in. I wasn't mad about it though. Honestly it's one reason why I want to go back and watch all of them again. Knowing how it ends puts all the earlier seasons in an interesting light. I didn't get too into trying to psycho analyze each episode. I let others (no pun ) do that and just rode along.

btw - I posted this about a week ago if you haven't seen it.
LOST/Particle Man Funny Mashup
Old 08-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #18 (permalink)

I absolutely love LOST. Easily one of my favorite shows of all time. It's the only show I made time to watch each and every week. I was definitely skeptical of the show at first worried that it was going to be like Gilligan's Island or something and my initial thoughts were "so they are going to be on an island for an infinite number of years? Lame". I purchased the first, second and third season dvd's at costco for dirt cheap, watched them all in a couple of weeks and was ready to go when season 4 started. I wouldn't say the last season ruined things for me and for the most part I was happy with how it ended. I will say that the lack of answers on the whole was frustrating but not to the point where it took away from the show. I own all the seasons on DVD and will re-watch them at some point, but I'm just not ready to yet.

Last edited by 7290morint; 08-30-2012 at 01:06 PM.
7290morint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
For some reason I can not get past the pilot episode, I have talked to a lot of people and they all say about the fourth or fifth episode in and then it gets real good. I may give it another try but I may just skip the first few episodes.
Fun fact about the pilot episode. Matthew Fox's character was originally supposed to be killed off in the pilot. Original actor that was going to portray Jack Shephard- Michael Keaton.

Honestly I wouldn't recommend skipping anything. Lost is so complex that you may actually be "lost" if you miss anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I watched the entire series within about a month, one of my favorites of all time.
It is my favorite show of all time. Right up there with Quantum Leap and Unsolved Mysteries.

Quote:
It was a little perplexing. Took a little while to sink in. I wasn't mad about it though. Honestly it's one reason why I want to go back and watch all of them again. Knowing how it ends puts all the earlier seasons in an interesting light. I didn't get too into trying to psycho analyze each episode. I let others (no pun ) do that and just rode along.

btw - I posted this about a week ago if you haven't seen it.
LOST/Particle Man Funny Mashup
That video is awesome! I totally missed that thread. Thanks for the link.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7290morint View Post
I absolutely love LOST. Easily one of my favorite shows of all time. It's the only show I made time to watch each and every week. I wouldn't say the last season ruined things for me and for the most part I was happy with how it ended. I will say that the lack of answers on the whole was frustrating but not to the point where it took away from the show. I own all the seasons on DVD and will re-watch them at some point, but I'm just not ready to yet.
I own all the seasons as well. Of the 6 seasons I haven't cracked open 4 of them, haha. If you have Netflix,all episodes are available to stream.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

I did love how they explained where the supply drop comes from in the extras of season 6.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #22 (permalink)

Sorry,did you even see the last episode ?
Talk about getting smacked in the balls and going WTF....no, I do not miss this show at all. The final episode made me wish I had never started watching it. it held my interest,leading up to interesting events all 1 big story and then....... stupidity....
Old 08-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I did love how they explained where the supply drop comes from in the extras of season 6.
They were messages sent from one of the Dharma stations right?
Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Sorry,did you even see the last episode ?
Talk about getting smacked in the balls and going WTF....no, I do not miss this show at all. The final episode made me wish I had never started watching it. it held my interest,leading up to interesting events all 1 big story and then....... stupidity....
I would imagine you aren't the only person out there who feels that way. I respect your opinion, even though I don't agree that the show was a waste.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

this show was so awesome. i was engulfed in the story and mystery.

i didn't decide to start watching until right before season 3. so we got season 1 and 2 on DVD and watched them in 3 days. just kept saying, one more episode lol.
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote