Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best paper printer...laser printer...for sales reports.

So after speaking with my CPA, he needs me to start following individual sales. This means for every sale on Ebay, I need to print the transaction and file it (or possibly save to a folder perhaps) I was wondering if anyone prints large amounts of paperwork so I can get an idea of what kind of printer to get....

I already have a lexmark, but the ink alone can run me $100+ per month with just the minimum printing I'm doing now. So was wondering if anyone owns a laser printer...

So, good to hear I rate military disability....too bad it's 0%....
jlcherry2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Download a program like PrimoPDF and 'print' all your documents to .pdf files. Then use something like Adobe Acrobat to combine the files as you like. No sense printing and storing paper.

Also, consider a merchandise spreadsheet that includes revenues and expenses so you can easily tabulate your income. Rather than doing it by hand from paper at the end of the year.
fullmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
XL5

I have a Brother HL-2270DW. Works great, wireless, does duplex, goes easy on toner. Should be able to find it on sale around $90 at Amazon or Newegg every so often.

As for your reports, does he need you to print out each actual invoice or can you just put your sales into accounting software or a spreadsheet?
Old 08-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Download a program like PrimoPDF and 'print' all your documents to .pdf files. Then use something like Adobe Acrobat to combine the files as you like. No sense printing and storing paper.

Also, consider a merchandise spreadsheet that includes revenues and expenses so you can easily tabulate your income. Rather than doing it by hand from paper at the end of the year.
I'll look into that, wish I was more computer savvy and knew how to do stuff like that on a regular. I need to figure something out from this point forward as to make things much less difficult.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
I have a Brother HL-2270DW. Works great, wireless, does duplex, goes easy on toner. Should be able to find it on sale around $90 at Amazon or Newegg every so often.

As for your reports, does he need you to print out each actual invoice or can you just put your sales into accounting software or a spreadsheet?
Is that a color or monochrome?? He said he needs the paper to see exactly where the items are going (in/out of state) in case of an audit...don't have any software, been using personal spreadsheet to track items.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcherry2477 View Post
Is that a color or monochrome?? He said he needs the paper to see exactly where the items are going (in/out of state) in case of an audit...don't have any software, been using personal spreadsheet to track items.
It's monochrome. I have an inkjet for color. Laser is the way to go for anything that doesn't need color. I would imagine that your accountant doesn't need color.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
It's monochrome. I have an inkjet for color. Laser is the way to go for anything that doesn't need color. I would imagine that your accountant doesn't need color.
yeah, i was thinking that maybe getting a color one may be useful when my daughter has school projects. I have an inkjet 'out of ink' and can practically buy a brand new printer for the price of getting new ink!

Old 08-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

printing your ebay invoice monthly and a copy of your paypal statement every month won't do the trick??? If you have to print something for every sale that sucks.
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Get a printer where you can refill the ink?
Niels50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9900 View Post
printing your ebay invoice monthly and a copy of your paypal statement every month won't do the trick??? If you have to print something for every sale that sucks.
It's going to be for every sale from Sept 1 on...I'm guessing I could just put it in a separate folder, but I'm not familiar with that at all. I'm guessing if business picks up, I'm looking at 200+ pages per month. That's not too bad, but if business really gets going I may have to think of an alternative.

This is what I do full-time, so I'm leaning towards business picking up in the near future. It's definitely grown since day 1 and I look forward to next year and getting a good gauge at where the industry is and if I can sustain with the store. Definitely looking forward to the new year....

Old 08-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post

Google Chrome allows you to print to .PDF.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote