Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default USPS Shipping Question - Delayed Tracking Info

Anyone ever have an experience with USPS where you ship something (in this case, through PayPal) and electronic tracking information isn't updated for a period much beyond what is normally expected? I made a deal on here last TH and printed the label for mailing on FR, card went in the mail FR AM and still to this moment there is nothing more than "electronic shipping info received" status when I check the tracking information.

Now the hard part here is the obvious point...that as a seller, it is very possible to just print off the label so that electronic shipping info is sent around, making it seem as though I have full intention to mail it, then I never actually mail it. I get that. That is why in this case I'm concerned, because it reflects badly on me.

In any case, has anyone experienced this? And if so, did the tracking info/shipping status eventually get updated? Like I said, nearly a week has passed, and by now the package should have been delivered, but there is no information to indicate that.

Any feedback on similar experiences is helpful...

Thanks

415 is yours, homie.
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to nyisle

A while back when the USPS was trying to get everyone to either print at home or on the self serve kiosks at the Post Office, the tellers did not have to scan the packages in when you handed it to them. So it was kind of pointless to get tracking when they were not scanning them in.
I can think of 1 or 2 things that might have happened:
1) packaged never got scanned after dropping it off and your customer has it. or
2) which hopefully is not the case, it got lost.

I ship in Bubble Mailers only!! NO PWE!!!
nyisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

^ thanks.

I'm hoping it is neither of these, but more than anything I'm actually hoping it isn't #1, because the point is the tracking info online shows nothing, and the buyer knows this, so the point is (and I'm not claiming this is the case at all) if the buyer wanted, they could see this and claim they never got it. In that case, I'm screwed. I've already issued a full refund for the item ($100) in hopes that it shows up and I'll be repaid.

I don't want it to be #2 either, because then we both lose.

Damn I hope it isn't either and that magically the item is delivered and there is electronic proof of it.

415 is yours, homie.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to nyisle

I would never refund money that fast in hope that it does show up.... I always ask the buyer to try and be patient while I work on it on my end. You shipped with DC that is all you need... I would take that to the Post Office to see if they have any more info. I always ask the buyer to wait a few more days, if it is Tues, I ask if we can wait to Friday and then I'll issue a refund. More times than not I have had the buyer respond before the set date that they received it.

I hope it does show.

The Post Office was never a well run machine. I have had several items show up before any shipping info was ever uploaded as both a buyer and seller.

I ship in Bubble Mailers only!! NO PWE!!!
nyisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
^ thanks.

I'm hoping it is neither of these, but more than anything I'm actually hoping it isn't #1, because the point is the tracking info online shows nothing, and the buyer knows this, so the point is (and I'm not claiming this is the case at all) if the buyer wanted, they could see this and claim they never got it. In that case, I'm screwed. I've already issued a full refund for the item ($100) in hopes that it shows up and I'll be repaid.

I don't want it to be #2 either, because then we both lose.

Damn I hope it isn't either and that magically the item is delivered and there is electronic proof of it.
It pretty much has to get scanned somewhere along the line to get delivered. I find that about half of mine don't get the acceptance scan and get the first scan at the sort facility. And even when it does get scanned, it can take few days to update online.

How did you drop it off?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
XL5

By the way, I had two different orders delivered to me on Tuesday and USPS still shows them as in-transit, not even as out for delivery. I left positive feedback for both but it struck me that an unscrupulous buyer could sit there with card in hand and wait to see if the USPS updates or not.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisle View Post
I would never refund money that fast in hope that it does show up.... I always ask the buyer to try and be patient while I work on it on my end. You shipped with DC that is all you need... I would take that to the Post Office to see if they have any more info. I always ask the buyer to wait a few more days, if it is Tues, I ask if we can wait to Friday and then I'll issue a refund. More times than not I have had the buyer respond before the set date that they received it.

I hope it does show.

The Post Office was never a well run machine. I have had several items show up before any shipping info was ever uploaded as both a buyer and seller.
^ thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
It pretty much has to get scanned somewhere along the line to get delivered. I find that about half of mine don't get the acceptance scan and get the first scan at the sort facility. And even when it does get scanned, it can take few days to update online.

How did you drop it off?
^ thanks. Dropped it off in my building (we have a room basically for our mailboxes, where there is also a mail drop slot. I asked the postal service to make sure it wasn't left behind and they looked today and said there was nothing there that was overlooked. That is why this sucks so much, mainly because I don't have it (I dropped it off), it isn't there anymore, and there is no further record of anything happening to it.

Guess I'll just wait and see....

415 is yours, homie.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
By the way, I had two different orders delivered to me on Tuesday and USPS still shows them as in-transit, not even as out for delivery. I left positive feedback for both but it struck me that an unscrupulous buyer could sit there with card in hand and wait to see if the USPS updates or not.
^ THIS is now my concern. I refunded the full $100 to the buyer, only because I felt bad it was almost a week and it seemed like I never mailed it. I did it as a point to try and prove I'm being honest. But now I'm thinking about how as a buyer, they can easily see the tracking info isn't updated and it appears they don't have it, when in fact they very well could have it. Again, NOT SAYING this is the case, but if someone wanted to, they could. But then once electronic info is updated (hopefully) they would be caught looking really bad, so I think there would be too much risk in doing that.

415 is yours, homie.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Tracking is slow to update. However it should have at least one scan by now.

This happened to me once where it was "electronic shipping received" and it never updated. After a week buyer asked me what's going on. I had no clue so refunded. I ended up finding the package in my car a month later.

Slow updating happens but to never update with that message is rare
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

^ appreciate the feedback.

There is good news from my perspective. As mentioned, I made the full refund to save face....and then looked around again to make sure there was no way I had misplaced it. Nothing...so I figured it was somewhere in the system.

Then, this AM I checked the electronic info again, and it indicated it had gone through the local sorting facility near the package's ultimate destination. Needless to say, I was glad to see this and now I know the package was neither a) lost by me somehow or b) lost in the system somewhere.

415 is yours, homie.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Just an update for anyone that cares or has run into (or may run into) a situation like this. As I explained, I mailed the card (from Boston) on a Friday, and by the following Thursday there was just "electronic shipping info received" online. No update of being scanned, etc. Anyhow, by the next day (Friday) the system finally said that it had been scanned at the nearby USPS center near the destination city (this was in Arkansas). There was no information about being scanned in Boston, or any of the steps/stages along the way between MA and Arkansas.

Had me (and the buyer) worried for a minute there, but it all worked out and the card was delivered. For what it's worth, keep in mind that packages can (and do) end up in "shipping purgatory" from time to time.

415 is yours, homie.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

I have a card that should be delivered today. Seller on here shipped it out on Sept 5th, I believe it was. It was scanned in Shippensburg Pa that day. I live in Baltimore Maryland. Next time the package was scanned was in Atlanta Georgia! Now it is at my local sorting facility this morning. Epic fail USPS.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

Epic indeed.....except that our packages fly on UPS not USPS planes...so it is impossible to scan a package that isnt in our hands. If UPS feels the need to fly somewhere else, our packages go there to. Also, our scanners aren't updated in real time, meaning only will the information of scans be updated every night when our route is done for that day and we put the scanner back in it's cradle. Hope this helps.
ntgm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Anybody have any input for me then?
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...99937092938461
I called USPS and was told they will look into it and call me back within 48 hours, that was last week...
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

Just recently I had an item that had a DC number but no info being added to the process. The day it was delivered, I checked and EVERYTHING showed up at once.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #16 (permalink)

Unfortunately, no. That one seems to have been quite a while, ouch. For what it's worth, when I couldn't tell where my package was, I tried calling USPS for like 2 days straight and EVERY TIME I called their automated messages said there was a system error (or something like that) and that I'd have to call back later. I never actually ended up getting any useful information, thankfully my package arrived to its destination. So bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
Anybody have any input for me then?
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...99937092938461
I called USPS and was told they will look into it and call me back within 48 hours, that was last week...
That is EXACTLY what happened in my case, for this thread. No information was in the system until the very last day (after like 5 or 6 stages of transport) before it was delivered. Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Just recently I had an item that had a DC number but no info being added to the process. The day it was delivered, I checked and EVERYTHING showed up at once.

415 is yours, homie.