Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #126 (permalink)

Joel McHale trying to become something other than the host of The Soup?

Don't quit your day job, bud.
cjsayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsayde View Post

I DVRed it and just got to that part an was like are you effin kidding me, of all people that's who they get
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #128 (permalink)

I watched tonight's show and I'm watching the rerun right now. I must be blind. What character is Joel McHale?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiebunkerjr View Post
I watched tonight's show and I'm watching the rerun right now. I must be blind. What character is Joel McHale?
At the end when she is at the bar and the guy walks up with the hat on and starts hitting on her
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
I DVRed it and just got to that part an was like are you effin kidding me, of all people that's who they get
It was a deal between him & Sutter after Sutter & Segal came on The Soup
Old 10-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #131 (permalink)

Seemed like a episode full of wrap up story lines while creating twenty new ones. Blah...
I gotta admit..I'm losing interest fast.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsayde View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
It was a deal between him & Sutter after Sutter & Segal came on The Soup
At least it should come with a rather nice killing, you don't get off scamming the Pres' mother and get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
Seemed like a episode full of wrap up story lines while creating twenty new ones. Blah...
I gotta admit..I'm losing interest fast.
Really?

It wrapped up one storyline, the prison guard, as Carla wasn't really a storyline, just getting rid of a character that's not needed anymore in a way that doesn't bring any backlash

Then there weren't any new story lines introduced (Gemma/McKale does't count nothing has happened yet), it just expanded upon everything that's already been built.

- Pope utilizing the MC in the best way for his bottom line
- The MC diving deeper into the drug world thinking it will only lead them on out the other end
- The home invasions being run by Clay and the nomads (we already knew this)
- Tara getting in touch with Otto, we knew the club had to do something with/about Otto turning on them

The closest thing to a new storyline would have to be Roosevelt maybe realizing at the end of the episode that this isn't because of the club (although it really is) and that working with Jax may be in his best interest.

As for my review of the episode

Crazy episode, you knew it was going to be before it even started with everything they showed in the "previously on SOA...."

Anyone else get the feeling that Pope took pictures of Jax n crew entering/leaving the guard's house to hold over him later?

I don't see the end game for Tara, not really sure what she was going to be able to do for Otto on the inside anyways, besides giving him some sort of drugs to kill him so he doesn't have to wait (I've gotta assume that's where it's going)

Absolutely loved Jax killing him with the snow globe with the music playing, great scene.

But the scene of the episode, if not the season or the entire series was Jax at the very end in his hallway, I know it was just a small scene, but he played it perfectly, you could really see the pain, exhaustion, shock, sadness, anger, fear, confusion, the whole gauntlet all at once in that one quick scene, I loved it.

And finally, thought it was hilarious with the meetings of the club heads when they all voted yes and then the bitch niners president was just like, do I have a choice?

Just funny because he knows he's sitting at the table with some big dogs and he doesn't belong in that seat as it is

As for the "preview" of next week, and I put that in quotes because of a very clever line after the last scene, it was, "stay tuned for scenes from upcoming episodes" instead of the usual, "stay tuned for scenes from next week's episode". So I'd imagine that was on purpose and not all of that, in particular the killing off of Unser, will happen next week.

Either way, outstanding episode, great follow up to the off kilter one from last week.

Last edited by zonacats8; 10-17-2012 at 03:13 AM.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:28 AM   #133 (permalink)

I thought it was a great episode. Did anybody else catch the part where the Doctor told Clay he no longer needed the oxygen and he made sure he put it back on before he left the doctors office? He is trying to give the apperance that he is still weak and frail when in reality he is not. I am thinking he wants someone to think he is still hurting and they let thier guard down around him assuming he is not in any shape for any kind of confrontation.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I thought it was a great episode. Did anybody else catch the part where the Doctor told Clay he no longer needed the oxygen and he made sure he put it back on before he left the doctors office? He is trying to give the apperance that he is still weak and frail when in reality he is not. I am thinking he wants someone to think he is still hurting and they let thier guard down around him assuming he is not in any shape for any kind of confrontation.
I thought that from the start...maybe he'll need it a little but at some point this was gonna happen where he wanted people to think he was weak.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #135 (permalink)

Sons of Anarchy 5x07 Promo | "Toad's Wild Ride" [HD]. - YouTube
Old 10-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
At least it should come with a rather nice killing, you don't get off scamming the Pres' mother and get away with it.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #137 (permalink)

I agree on the Pope keeping something on the club to keep them from pulling out etc. He's not done with them yet.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #138 (permalink)

So is tonight Unser's last episode?

all the previews seem to say yes, but I'm not convinced
Old 10-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #139 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

There's no way Unser dies tonight, at least not before he throws rat on Clay and his crew.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
There's no way Unser dies tonight, at least not before he throws rat on Clay and his crew.
God i hope so, Clay needs to get called out for his #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@ sometime soon........
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #141 (permalink)

I'm thinking he doesn't die just because of how many people died in the last episode, normally they don't do back to back episodes with big murders
Old 10-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #142 (permalink)

I think the Unser thing will be a setup to get Clay to confess and then "gotcha!"
Old 10-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #143 (permalink)

I guess this question needs to be asked now then too, is this the season that Clay dies or does he last into next season at the least?

There is no way he survives the entire run of the series, it's just a matter of when it's going to happen
Old 10-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
I guess this question needs to be asked now then too, is this the season that Clay dies or does he last into next season at the least?

There is no way he survives the entire run of the series, it's just a matter of when it's going to happen
Eventually someone is going to get pissed off enough at him to finally kill him. I think it's just a question of if that happens before Jax's master plan wraps up.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #145 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I'm a big fan of where Jax is taking the club. His approach seems more intelligent, thought out, and in the best interest of the people as individuals, and not the group as a whole.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Eventually someone is going to get pissed off enough at him to finally kill him. I think it's just a question of if that happens before Jax's master plan wraps up.
Well it has to be Jax to kill him, it would be an utter dissapointment if anyone else but him did it.

The only other person I could accept being the one to kill him would be Tara doing it with Jax standing over her shoulder watching her do it, maybe after Jax shoots him in the knees or something so he can't fight back
Old 10-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #147 (permalink)

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #148 (permalink)

Oh boy oh boy & oh boy
Old 10-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #149 (permalink)

Yah,this did not go where I thought it would tonight
It's now gearing up for drama of the lame,drag out kind like they had in the season in Ireland.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 AM   #150 (permalink)

Holy crap, I never saw that coming