Blowout Cards Forums
Shop MyLocker.net Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Torchlight 2

Since there has been interest recently in Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2, and with Torchlight 2 just around the corner, I thought I would start a thread.

The official site is nothing to write home about but a good place to start:
Torchlight II

And to the other extreme, a crazy-complete pictorial of every class skill in the game:
http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/mem...ill-trees.html

All in all, it seems like what Diablo 3 should have been, obvious since it doesn't have an auction house tied to it to influence game decisions.

Torchlight 2 is on steam for only $20, or 4-pack for $60. Find three people who will split it and you're are ready for release day, for a great price.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Almost bought it but changed my mind. Diablo 3 kinda ruined those types of games for me. But I read there is a pet system which is why I usually played Necro on D2 so i may give it a shot
Old 09-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddvw123abc View Post
Almost bought it but changed my mind. Diablo 3 kinda ruined those types of games for me. But I read there is a pet system which is why I usually played Necro on D2 so i may give it a shot
The pet is unique in that he can take stuff back to town to sell, AND buy stuff in town and bring them back to you... kinda like that lady in Japan who has a pet penguin that goes to the store for her...
Old 09-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
The pet is unique in that he can take stuff back to town to sell, AND buy stuff in town and bring them back to you... kinda like that lady in Japan who has a pet penguin that goes to the store for her...
A Fable rip
Old 09-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
A Fable rip
Oh okay... I didn't know. I haven't played Fable.

Torchlight 1 was good but too short. This one promises 30 hours of play so it should be well worth $15 (or $20).
Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Forgot to include the link to the steam store: Pre-purchase Torchlight II on Steam
Old 09-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

General consensus is that torchlight does Diablo better then Diablo. However, I did not really like the first game, so I will probably not play this until its on sale for like $2.99. Besides there are too many other good games out right now so I gotta pick and choose.
blowoutcards3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards3 View Post
General consensus is that torchlight does Diablo better then Diablo. However, I did not really like the first game, so I will probably not play this until its on sale for like $2.99. Besides there are too many other good games out right now so I gotta pick and choose.
I too could not get into the first game. For me, the steampunk aspect is a bit of a turn off (what's wrong with epic fantasy?).

I am however, going to be playing TL2 on day one. We have 4-player games lined up already.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Eh, changed my mind. Think I'm going to pick it up, GW2 is good, but not too much to do, and I'm passing on borderlands. Going to give torchlight the benefit of the doubt for only $20.
blowoutcards3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards3 View Post
Eh, changed my mind. Think I'm going to pick it up, GW2 is good, but not too much to do, and I'm passing on borderlands. Going to give torchlight the benefit of the doubt for only $20.
The reviews today are astounding. 5/5s. 10/10s... across the board.

The only criticisms I have seen have been about the story... and... LOL too much loot to sort through.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Torchlight 1 was good but not great. It seemed to be just the same levels over and over again much like Diablo 1. The graphics were cool, a bit cartoony like WOW.

Don't think I'll do Torchlight 2.
FrankieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieP View Post
Torchlight 1 was good but not great. It seemed to be just the same levels over and over again much like Diablo 1. The graphics were cool, a bit cartoony like WOW.

Don't think I'll do Torchlight 2.
Funny how things have come full circle. Diablo 3 uses set maps, entailing too much repetition (to level and get achievements) whereas Torchlight 2 has randomly generated maps for variety.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

A few days of playing, occasionally hopping back into Diablo to try for some achievements and I want to give my impressions of Torchlight 2.

1: It's fast. It's VERY VERY fast. It makes D3 feel like ... slow motion.
2: The loot is awesome. It's easy on every run to replace at least 2 items. And once a night, in a party, you will find something that will knock someone's socks off.
3: It's busy. Part of it being fast is it's frantic with a lot going on on screen. Yet, somehow, you can still target the boss and you can still make it work. Going back to D3, I was surprise at how empty the screen looked.

Well worth $20. WELL WORTH IT.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

I still haven't beaten TL1 yet. Guess I'll wait until this is on the cheap. I have so many games on the backlog that would take me a few months playing full time to finish them all.
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote