Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685
Default wow....pointless negotiating

I dont understand some people on here....I list a card for sale for just $.25 and ask for $2 for shipping. The guy asks me if its a certain type of card and says he will take it if it is.....I then tell him yes and give him my paypal....he then tries to haggle me OVER 25 CENTS to let him give me $2 instead of $2.25........REALLY? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME OVER 25 CENTS!!....I mean I know im not making a profit by any means in this hobby, but i cant just take hits with shipping because I just cant afford to do that for everyone who wants their players cards regardless of how cheap I list them. I am trying to recoup losses from busting wax just like everyone else on here.
slugger82685 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

That's like when we had an estate sale for my grandmother who passed..we had a leather purse with the $50 original price tag still on it, selling for $5. The flipinio people tried to haggle me down to 4.50?!? I was like, $5 or get out of here.
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
That's like when we had an estate sale for my grandmother who passed..we had a leather purse with the $50 original price tag still on it, selling for $5. The flipinio people tried to haggle me down to 4.50?!? I was like, $5 or get out of here.
i know seriously!....come on people
Old 09-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

really a quarter kind of sad in my opinion, if the person cant afford the 2.25 maybe they should not buy or ask period lol

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

this is almost as bad as that kid who claimed he was purposly bid up by the forum community because he had to pay $2.25 for a pink bordered parallel of Pierre Thomas who he "super collects" He fussed and made a farewell thread to top it off!
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
this is almost as bad as that kid who claimed he was purposly bid up by the forum community because he had to pay $2.25 for a pink bordered parallel of Pierre Thomas who he "super collects" He fussed and made a farewell thread to top it off!
Are you really trying to call someone out? Lol
Copeskey45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeskey45 View Post
not at all,i don't cry over a few bucks...wait a minute!?! ARE YOU trying to call me out rookie? you only have 8 feedback and already a negative? The irony ... SMH

Last edited by penny1fan; 09-13-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
not at all,i don't cry over a few bucks...wait a minute!?! ARE YOU trying to call me out rookie? you only have 8 feedback and already a negative? The irony ... SMH
Lmao!!!! It was a bs neg. I didn't BACK OUT OF A DEAL!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Lmao!!!! It was a bs neg. I didn't BACK OUT OF A DEAL!!!!
no..you just took the guy's money and sent him 1 card instead of 2 which he paid for,I bet his wish you would have backed out of the deal..better than getting ripped off

Last edited by penny1fan; 09-13-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
no..you just took the guy's money and sent him 1 card instead of 2 which he paid for,I bet his wish you would have backed out of the deal..better than getting ripped out
Actually, I sent both cards. I've been scammed so much on this site, it's ridiculous. But anyways, do you collect anything of Penny Hardaway? I think I have some base cards of his that I can send your way if you want them.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Actually, I sent both cards. I've been scammed so much on this site, it's ridiculous. But anyways, do you collect anything of Penny Hardaway? I think I have some base cards of his that I can send your way if you want them.
I collect him yeah but have nearly everything base of existance,thanks anyways i appreciate it.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Purposely bid up for $2.25? then just leaves? thats plain sad lol
Old 09-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

I don't understand why people watch baseball; the sport is such a waste of time.

Point of the above statment:
We are all different and all have different likes and motivations. If I saw a quarter on the ground I would pick it up. If I have a coupon for a quarter off I use it. I'm all for saving when I can.

Maybe the time was worth it for that person. You felt that your time to create this thread was worth it, so why couldn't another value something different? You may think he could have earned a quarter or more had he used that time differently. That is true. But you and I could also have done the same instead of typing here.

I'm not attacking you. I'm simply stating that we all value things differently. I promise you that a $10 bill means more to me than it does Michael Dell.
fullmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
I don't understand why people watch baseball; the sport is such a waste of time.

Point of the above statment:
We are all different and all have different likes and motivations. If I saw a quarter on the ground I would pick it up. If I have a coupon for a quarter off I use it. I'm all for saving when I can.

Maybe the time was worth it for that person. You felt that your time to create this thread was worth it, so why couldn't another value something different? You may think he could have earned a quarter or more had he used that time differently. That is true. But you and I could also have done the same instead of typing here.

I'm not attacking you. I'm simply stating that we all value things differently. I promise you that a $10 bill means more to me than it does Michael Dell.

I understand the value of money, I value $10 just like you do....but to haggle over 25 cents after just telling me that you would take it at the price I had posted is just nonsense. Pay what you agreed to pay, dont try to haggle over 25 cents after, its just annoying to me.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

This begs the question, would you have sent the 25-cent card in a bubble or PWE?
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
I understand the value of money, I value $10 just like you do....but to haggle over 25 cents after just telling me that you would take it at the price I had posted is just nonsense. Pay what you agreed to pay, dont try to haggle over 25 cents after, its just annoying to me.
If I were to give you a penny for your thoughts....could I get two of your thoughts? Or would you be able to give me change back?

If they deal was agreed on for the $0.25 pending confirmation of the type of card then that should have been it. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the hobby. You're mainly dealing with cheap or greedy people. It's ok though, I'll send you $0.25 so you can buy a gum ball
Old 09-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
This begs the question, would you have sent the 25-cent card in a bubble or PWE?
I dont ship in PWE, no matter how cheap the card is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
If I were to give you a penny for your thoughts....could I get two of your thoughts? Or would you be able to give me change back?

If they deal was agreed on for the $0.25 pending confirmation of the type of card then that should have been it. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the hobby. You're mainly dealing with cheap or greedy people. It's ok though, I'll send you $0.25 so you can buy a gum ball

Thanks Nodie! What a pal!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

I have to ask, why bother with a .25 card any way ?

It's not worth the effort.
I used to sell 1.00 cards but only in bulk. My time is worth more to me than the time it takes to ship a .25 unless it is a friend and that falls back to .25 card in a PWE for free.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Just ship it in a PWE for a .25 card
Old 09-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Quote:
honestly why are either of you calling anyone out and why do either of you have a negative, geesh....pot meet kettle
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

To the op I agree it is annoying but if they wanted to pay 2 bucks make them agree to take it PWE.

Copesky I know we aren't even going to go there and call me a scammer.....I never got both cards and honestly you did nothing to ever try and make anything right. I have you on ignore but I can read quotes. If you want me to quit haunting you then quit lying about the situation. You yourself said you didn't ship out someone else did it for you, ever think that my other card went out with someone else's? I hate to say it but my feedback here is stellar and quite frankly it is very well earned. And definitely not going to even come close to screwing that up over a Mike Minor auto. Carry on sir.
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #22 (permalink)

I hate when people think their card is more superior to other peoples cards. I tried to buy a card on ebay today. Guy had it buy it now or best offer at $229.99. Last 2 cards sold were $133.50 and $100.00. I made a initial offer of $140.00 and was declined. Offer over the going price. He countered for $205. I offered $180 and he declined again. $46.50 over the last sell and was denied again. Needless to say I blocked the guy. Some people are just insane.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
I hate when people think their card is more superior to other peoples cards. I tried to buy a card on ebay today. Guy had it buy it now or best offer at $229.99. Last 2 cards sold were $133.50 and $100.00. I made a initial offer of $140.00 and was declined. Offer over the going price. He countered for $205. I offered $180 and he declined again. $46.50 over the last sell and was denied again. Needless to say I blocked the guy. Some people are just insane.
Why would you block the seller?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
It's his card. Not sure why your blocking him. Personally some stuff that I believe will rise I refuse to sell at Ebay. If people don't wanna pay my price then i'll keep it.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I have to ask, why bother with a .25 card any way ?

It's not worth the effort.
THIS ^^^^ when you sell cheap items you tend to attract cheap people.

I do understand your point though Slugger. That .25 was a deal breaker for him LOL Not saying I myself would even waste the time making this thread, but I understand. So many cheapazz brokediks in this hobby it's laughable.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote