Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Im going to switch over to the new Mizuno coming out this fall (MP-H4). I really like the feel of them. I use a Wiliams Qualifier set at the moment which were hand me downs from my father. Being a lefty I usually find a ton of great deals during the off season sell offs.

Im a

Left in golf
Right in hockey
Left in tennis
mostly left in baseball but can switch hit and throw.

Ive tried hitting right handed clubs. Felt uncomfy, but Im able to do it with literally no power. But ive got better precision on my right and more power on my left side. Im messed up
I'm all messed up too with sports haha.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Im going to buy one of those full leather 100 pound golf bags so I can carry like 20 irons. Both left and right lol. You think I would get unusual stares teeing up from both sides??
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Im going to buy one of those full leather 100 pound golf bags so I can carry like 20 irons. Both left and right lol. You think I would get unusual stares teeing up from both sides??
I can imagine the looks haha. But carrying more than 14 clubs is against USGA rules
Old 09-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
I can imagine the looks haha. But carrying more than 14 clubs is against USGA rules
But im in Canada. Anything goes!!

I played a round of golf last week at Pheasant Run north of the city. Tee of was 6:48am. We got paired up another 2 some (hoping we didnt). But turned out to be 2 chilled guys. They were smoking pot and had a speaker going with reggae the whole way through the round. My buddy brought a 24 pack of cold shots to keep the sauce running! Done by 10:45! Had to sit around before driving home!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #30 (permalink)

Back on point...lol...fitting appointment scheduled for tomorrow...like he idea of mizuno, callaway's, and Titleist clubs. Any additional thoughts from the resident golfers? I will likely go with the regular flex...macho, but more important for me to make good contact consistently...after only 5 rounds on a par 70 course I shot 86 this morning with the 845 Classic's. Not getting the distance with irons currently
The_Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #31 (permalink)

golfwrx.com forum

Tons of club hos there to answer your questions
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Reverend View Post
Back on point...lol...fitting appointment scheduled for tomorrow...like he idea of mizuno, callaway's, and Titleist clubs. Any additional thoughts from the resident golfers? I will likely go with the regular flex...macho, but more important for me to make good contact consistently...after only 5 rounds on a par 70 course I shot 86 this morning with the 845 Classic's. Not getting the distance with irons currently
Good luck on the fitting. Let us know how it goes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiyoshi View Post
golfwrx.com forum

Tons of club hos there to answer your questions
This is true. I do prefer The Sandtrap though over golfwrx.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #33 (permalink)

Fitting is complete and everything was standard for lie and length.
Clubhead speed for 7 iron 88-90 mph
Clubhead speed for Driver 105-110mph

Recommended regular flex for iron and stiff for the Driver.
I hit the 845's 7-iron 151 avg. Hit Taylormade RBZ 7-iron 185 avg; Hit the Adams Velocity Redline Slot-tech 7-iron 180 avg. Did not like the feel of the Callaway's or the Ping's. They did not have Mizuno's in the store. The Titleist AP were just ok as it relates to feel and sound off club.
Demo drivers that I will test are:
Taylormade R11 stiff
Adams Speedline stiff

My driver K-ZG 270 avg with fade
Adams Speedline 280 avg wih fade
Taylormade R11 292 avg with draw.

Will keep you guys updated

Last edited by The_Reverend; 09-20-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:47 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
Quoted for truth.
Ego grabs ahold of golfers far too easy. I also play a regular flex.
I would custom fit people in our $65,000 simulator at the Shop. Ego is a dangerous thing when ordering a new set. So many people insist on things that hold their game back. The numbers and launch angles do not lie. I played a Stiff Driver Miyazaki Ckua stiff, high launch angle. But the irons your talking feet and inches versus a driver you can get away with a couple yards each way. That is why Irons have to be fit. Also another mis conception is I play blades because they make me work on my game more, B.S.. Play what is going to allow you to shoot the best possible scores. When your playing a mid level small cavity back and you can break 80 most everytime, then maybe take it to the next level....only if the numbers in the fitting stay the same or improve.

Kevin
Old 09-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #35 (permalink)

Picked up my Taylormade R11S today. Now I know why they are the #1 driver on tour. Long and straight is all I can say. Looking forward to my Monday round.