Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #26 (permalink)

^^^^

That is regular Letter formating (8.5"x 11")... If you are using a label printer like the QL-700 you must select a different printing format.

Though QL-700 isn't a selection for formating, you can use the QL-550 formating and get the same result. Calculusdork mentions this in his initial post.
Bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
^^^^

That is regular Letter formating (8.5"x 11")... If you are using a label printer like the QL-700 you must select a different printing format.

Though QL-700 isn't a selection for formating, you can use the QL-550 formating and get the same result. Calculusdork mentions this in his initial post.
Exactly right. The adhesive label from the QL-700 is 2.4" x 8", as you showed.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Exactly right. The adhesive label from the QL-700 is 2.4" x 8", as you showed.
Ok, so if I want it to show up like the image I posted I would have to use the QL-550? Confused, sorry guys .

I was in Houdini's TTT break a couple weeks ago and his label looked just like what I posted but was adhesive that's what I'm wondering since it seems he uses the 700 or a similar label printer
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
Ok, so if I want it to show up like the image I posted I would have to use the QL-550? Confused, sorry guys .

I was in Houdini's TTT break a couple weeks ago and his label looked just like what I posted but was adhesive that's what I'm wondering since it seems he uses the 700 or a similar label printer
Not to doubt you ... but if Houdini is using the QL-700, there's no way his label was 8.5" x 11". The printer itself is only about 4" wide.

If you follow the instructions as written in the OP, you should be fine. When you are setting up your QL-700 in PayPal, you have to select the QL-550 as your printer because the 700 is not an option. The 550 and the 700 use the same drivers so it works out.

If you need help setting it up, just let me know where you are in the process and I will jump in.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #30 (permalink)

Thanks Calculus and others, this thread was VERY helpful.
Castellanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castellanos View Post
Thanks Calculus and others, this thread was VERY helpful.
No problem at all, glad to help. I need to update the OP soon with details on PayPal Multi-Order Shipping ... it's all I ever use now.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #32 (permalink)

Anyone with a Mac want to assist me? Got mine for Xmas and having major issues
fduran27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fduran27 View Post
Anyone with a Mac want to assist me? Got mine for Xmas and having major issues
What types of issues? Brother claims that the printer is Mac compatible, so if all else fails I would give their technical support a call.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #34 (permalink)

Calculus - cant get it to print right - seems like PayPal settings won't work and the java won't download - ill try that tomorrow thanks
fduran27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #35 (permalink)

This is probably the cheapest printer, but what are the cost per label compared to the more expensive, Dymo and Zebra?
bmlocal175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlocal175 View Post
This is probably the cheapest printer, but what are the cost per label compared to the more expensive, Dymo and Zebra?

Not sure about comparative costs, but this from the OP:

Quote:
- Brother-compatible (generic) DK-2205 label rolls (2.4" x 100'). I bought 4 rolls from eBay user deltadiscount7 for just over $5 each, which is about 30% of what the Brother brand rolls cost on Amazon. Each roll will print 150 labels (each 8" long).
That's 3.33 cents per label ... I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anything much cheaper than that.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #37 (permalink)

Oh brother
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #38 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

just started using the one i got, OMG this thing is great.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #39 (permalink)

Default Beware faulty labels

Hi,

I have a Brother QL 700. It's a great printer I use it for printing labels from Paypal, small letter packages. It uses DK2205 labels.

I bought 6 rolls of labels on Ebay from Deltadiscount7. All 6 rolls were faulty in the worst possible way. When printed and attached to the package the labels appeared OK, but peeled off after a few hours. Unfortunately we had already mailed several packages with these labels - the packages never reached their destination, lost in the mail.

We asked Deltadiscount7 to replace the labels, but they replied by email “Sorry for this inconvenience, we are afraid you may run into the same issues with a new batch. How many of these rolls are defective?”. It appears from that statement that Deltadiscount7 has a whole batch of faulty DK 2205 labels. Who knows what other labels they which are faulty.

It cost us over $250 to replace and remail the goods lost in the mail as a result of Deltadiscount7 faulty labels. The company refused to compensate us in any way other than give us a refund of the cost of the labels

Avoid this seller. They also do business as officesmartlabels.com, avoid them too.
almoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by almoodie View Post
Hi,

I have a Brother QL 700. It's a great printer I use it for printing labels from Paypal, small letter packages. It uses DK2205 labels.

I bought 6 rolls of labels on Ebay from Deltadiscount7. All 6 rolls were faulty in the worst possible way. When printed and attached to the package the labels appeared OK, but peeled off after a few hours. Unfortunately we had already mailed several packages with these labels - the packages never reached their destination, lost in the mail.

We asked Deltadiscount7 to replace the labels, but they replied by email “Sorry for this inconvenience, we are afraid you may run into the same issues with a new batch. How many of these rolls are defective?”. It appears from that statement that Deltadiscount7 has a whole batch of faulty DK 2205 labels. Who knows what other labels they which are faulty.

It cost us over $250 to replace and remail the goods lost in the mail as a result of Deltadiscount7 faulty labels. The company refused to compensate us in any way other than give us a refund of the cost of the labels

Avoid this seller. They also do business as officesmartlabels.com, avoid them too.
Oh my. Thank you for sharing ... I'm going to edit the original post to reflect this information.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #41 (permalink)

BUMP this up for the gift buying season.

Does anyone have a replacement suggestion for the actual labels, since that Deltadiscount seller doesn't seem feasible?
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post

Does anyone have a replacement suggestion for the actual labels, since that Deltadiscount seller doesn't seem feasible?
Good to see an old thread bumped

My last purchase was from w.marketing ... I still tape the ends of them though, as I have noticed that the corners tend to peel up just a little and that makes me nervous.

6 Rolls Brother DK 2205 QL Printer Shipping Labels | eBay
Old 03-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #43 (permalink)

Just snagged one of these off Amazon this afternoon for $50. Had it in my "Save for Later" for awhile because the price had been between $70-80. Can't wait for it to show up.

Thanks again for this thread Grant!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post

I got these and they work great!
Amazon.com: BROTHER-Compatible DK-2205 Continuous Paper Labels (2-4/9" x 100'; 62mm*30.48m) -- BPA Free! (6 Rolls; Continuous Paper): Office Products

I also had to buy a reusable spool frame: (mine was only 6.45 from the same seller for some reason)
Brother Compatible DK 2205 Labels Permanent Reusable Cartridge Spool Frame | eBay
Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #45 (permalink)

I'm having an issue with the ql-700 on paypal. I've got the paper set the correct size in windows, but i'm getting this error stating java printing 2.1" I have no idea what this is and can't find anything similar online. I would love some help if anyone has come across this.
Attached Thumbnails
How to Use the Brother QL-700 Label Printer for USPS Shipping-error.jpg  
jubjub47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #46 (permalink)

On a side note, Ebay labels are printing just fine. It's only paypal and it's acting like it wants 2.1" paper and I have 2.4". I'm just not sure what to do and it's driving me crazy trying to get this setup.
jubjub47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #47 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by almoodie View Post
Hi,

He did have bad feedback for his labels. I don't buy from him.

I buy these by the pallet:

26x DK 2205 22205 Continuous 100 ft Length Label Rolls for Brother QL Printers | eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Heads up on purchasing supplies from deltadiscount7 on eBay.

I bought a reuseable cartridge and a label roll:

1PK Brother DK2205 2 3 7 x 100 Continuous Paper Labels | eBay

Brother DK 2205 Reusable Cartridge 2 4 x 100 2 3 7 x 100 Paper Label QL Printer | eBay

When they arrived, the roll was already on the cartridge and I did not think anything of it. However, when I went to change the roll just now, I found out that they had superglued the cartridge together.

I also see that they are getting negatives now for selling these same labels that do not stick... mine were ok, but I just bought more a week ago. I hope these are ok...

I do not recommend this seller!

Old 04-11-2014, 08:58 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjub47 View Post
I'm having an issue with the ql-700 on paypal. I've got the paper set the correct size in windows, but i'm getting this error stating java printing 2.1" I have no idea what this is and can't find anything similar online. I would love some help if anyone has come across this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjub47 View Post
On a side note, Ebay labels are printing just fine. It's only paypal and it's acting like it wants 2.1" paper and I have 2.4". I'm just not sure what to do and it's driving me crazy trying to get this setup.
Wacky solution:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...th/td-p/332108

Another option is to exclusively use Multi-Order Shipping.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #49 (permalink)

I'm bumping this thread....very very helpful.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a printer that can print labels for PWEs?

Thanks!

http://s1278.photobucket.com/albums/y518/jess030479/
jess0304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess0304 View Post
I'm bumping this thread....very very helpful.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a printer that can print labels for PWEs?

Thanks!
I didn't think too hard about this earlier ... but now that my brain kicked in and reminded me that you don't have tracking info for PWEs, I think the answer is simple

Based on the stock photo for the QL-700, that printer will also generate adhesive labels for PWEs.