Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Autographs Fake!

K so heres the deal I bought some celebrity autographed 8x10's but it was almost a year and a half ago. I just got around to authenticate them and they were no good. It was through paypal but not ebay, can I still try to get my money back or what can I do any help is appreciated thanks!

OK thanks for all the help guys no big deal, Lesson learned!! ha ill just move on but the guy I got it from was from this site I dont wanna slander his name but I dont think he should be selling fakes either??

Last edited by shockandawwe; 09-22-2012 at 07:32 PM.
shockandawwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

paypal is only 45 days, so I think you are out of luck
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

After a year and a half you're out of luck even if you paid with a credit card.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Why would you buy an "autograph" without a COA to begin with then wait a year and a half to get them authenticated? You are screwed and it is your own fault.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Why would you buy an "autograph" without a COA to begin with then wait a year and a half to get them authenticated? You are screwed and it is your own fault.
No difference with a COA anyway. I can print a COA on my home printer claiming the autograph was signed by the celebrity in my presence, and put a fake company name at the top. In a day or a week or a year, what are you going to do about it?
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

that sucks man...sorry to hear about this kind of crap
Texas Brave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
No difference with a COA anyway. I can print a COA on my home printer claiming the autograph was signed by the celebrity in my presence, and put a fake company name at the top. In a day or a week or a year, what are you going to do about it?
That is why you use a legit company, I would never buy an autographed item from a COA I have never heard of. I like JSA.

I am also getting into movie posters and I have seen some signed limited edition movie posters /100 with a lionsgate COA. Now I know Lionsgate is huge but I am going to do some research before making an offer/bid on the item because it is the first time I have seen a lionsgate COA.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Unless you've got video proof of the celeb signing whatever it is you're interested in spending your money on, avoid it. Simple, but it stinks. There are various sites for info. but that's a difficult hobby that has widespread forgeries. Huge dealers have come and gone since the late 90's, all gone because they were selling forgeries. After putting in a bunch of time and research, I side with the folks who believe 95%+ of what's out there with celebrity signatures on it are fakes.

As for any recourse, there is none. I'd be surprised if the same company (or person) you bought them from could even be found. If they can, try presenting them with the information you now have and see what happens.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

ok thanks for all the help guys no big deal, Lesson learned!! ha ill just move on but the guy I got it from was from this site I dont wanna slander his name but I dont think he should be selling fakes either??
Old 09-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well, that's also an issue. He personally might not be selling fakes. He might just be selling something he got from someone else... and that's how a vast majority of the market is flooded with fake signatures. People will take whatever they can get for them and will sell them along to someone else... and it continues. I've been there. I had some 8x10s from a huge dealer over a decade ago. I found out they were affiliated with known instances of forgeries and, instead of getting a buck or two or whatever I could for what I now believed to be fakes, I threw them all in the trash and didn't bother to spend any time or effort in that area of the hobby. The chances of fakes are far to many to try to mess with in search of the real thing.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

its not slander if its true.

Bucket-http://s1138.photobucket.com/profile/bigmick33
bigmick33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
Well, that's also an issue. He personally might not be selling fakes. He might just be selling something he got from someone else... and that's how a vast majority of the market is flooded with fake signatures. People will take whatever they can get for them and will sell them along to someone else... and it continues. I've been there. I had some 8x10s from a huge dealer over a decade ago. I found out they were affiliated with known instances of forgeries and, instead of getting a buck or two or whatever I could for what I now believed to be fakes, I threw them all in the trash and didn't bother to spend any time or effort in that area of the hobby. The chances of fakes are far to many to try to mess with in search of the real thing.
see and I thought about this also! Im just gonna throw them away.. I try not to sweat the small stuff thanks guys