Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Morning rant......

I got this dipsh!t punk kid (21 yrs old) that i had to fire a month or so Ago and somehow he figured out my gamertag on xbox live and is making these bogus profiles trying to clown on me Using my real name and making bullsh!t bios saying some fukt up #@#@#@#@ About me. Now at first it bothered me but i quickly blew it off and got the profile banned, well tonight he made another profile with the same info just a different name and it's starting to piss me off.

Normally by now i would've let the hood come out of me and went to his house to beat his ass but 1. I'm on probation 2. Not sure if he could do anything as far as reporting me to my job if i were to beat his ass since he's an ex employee and 3. I'm a grown ass man with a wife and kids and know better than to let this get to me. Its just really annoying and given the fact that i really can't do much it's making it even worse, lol. Sorry guys just needed to vent before i go off and do something stupid when i get off work this morning.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well you could always go to the authorities and file harassment charges perhaps? I'm sorry that this little punk kid is doing this to you.
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well nice vent and good on you to get it out.

That sounds like a unique situation. But big on you to be adult about it.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Why don't you talk to the moderators and see if they can ban his i.p. address?
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

xbox live...grown ass man... suuuure.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Why don't you talk to the moderators and see if they can ban his i.p. address?
not sure you can do that on Xbox Live.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Well nice vent and good on you to get it out.

That sounds like a unique situation. But big on you to be adult about it.
I don't think electronic harassment is unique. I think it is quite common. Call your local authorities and ask for their advice. I'm sure they have experience.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
I got this dipsh!t punk kid (21 yrs old) that i had to fire a month or so Ago and somehow he figured out my gamertag on xbox live and is making these bogus profiles trying to clown on me Using my real name and making bullsh!t bios saying some fukt up #@#@#@#@ About me. Now at first it bothered me but i quickly blew it off and got the profile banned, well tonight he made another profile with the same info just a different name and it's starting to piss me off.

Normally by now i would've let the hood come out of me and went to his house to beat his ass but 1. I'm on probation 2. Not sure if he could do anything as far as reporting me to my job if i were to beat his ass since he's an ex employee and 3. I'm a grown ass man with a wife and kids and know better than to let this get to me. Its just really annoying and given the fact that i really can't do much it's making it even worse, lol. Sorry guys just needed to vent before i go off and do something stupid when i get off work this morning.

vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Welcome to the wonderful world of management where unfortunately at times we need to make tough personel decisions which is never fun.

I have had my BMW keyed severly, my wife emailed saying I have been cheating, my mother prank called saying how bad of a guy I am, probably had 100 private # calls to my cell and hang ups in a day which was just so pathetic.

The best piece of advice I can give would be to ignore it as they obviously really want to bother you and once they see it is bothering you they will continue to do so as it will be entertaining to them. Once they see they are wasting their time and it is not affecting you they will move on with their pathetic lives

If you have a wife and family, do not go to this persons house to fight them or what not as it may lead to you losing your job. It is not worth your time, just continue to focus on the important things in life such as your career avancement and your family and laugh at how pathetic this kid is with nothing better to do with his time such as I dunno searching for another job!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

Since you are grown and have a family, you could always quit playing video games and do more activities with them. That would take care of your problem.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

What kind of work do you do?

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

sounds like you could maybe work a harassment charge against that guy
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
Since you are grown and have a family, you could always quit playing video games and do more activities with them. That would take care of your problem.
what an asinine thing to say. That would be like me saying "Stop spending money on your card collection so you can spend it on your family".

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
what an asinine thing to say. That would be like me saying "Stop spending money on your card collection so you can spend it on your family".
Well, why don't you? You think your kids like doing without, meanwhile your yelling "uber mojo" from your basement?

Some dad you are, heh.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

And not to mention ANDY we cloathe our kids now!!!!!!! Those things on their faces are mouths and they need food in them!
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah this is one of the Dumbest things I have heard on these boards and that is saying a lot.

You are pretty much saying that any parent that play video games are neglecting their family.

I work 40+ hours a week to provide for my wife and kid. I have a house and 2 cars(on my wife drives.) They are by no means Exotic.

My wife and son know that I would bend over backwards and give my life to make sure they are taken care of.

There is no reason I shouldn't be able to play and hour or 2 of video games when I have some free time. Please don't judge other people with your mindless banter.

/Rant.
Apakalypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakalypto View Post
Yeah this is one of the Dumbest things I have heard on these boards and that is saying a lot.

You are pretty much saying that any parent that play video games are neglecting their family.

I work 40+ hours a week to provide for my wife and kid. I have a house and 2 cars(on my wife drives.) They are by no means Exotic.

My wife and son know that I would bend over backwards and give my life to make sure they are taken care of.

There is no reason I shouldn't be able to play and hour or 2 of video games when I have some free time. Please don't judge other people with your mindless banter.

/Rant.
Well put. I am a "grown ass" man with a family but I still play games. To me its my me time. I don't play during the day or in the evenings when they are home but once they are down for the night I'll get on for a few hours maybe. Its fun and its a release. Guess you would rather me hang out at bars or something? Video gaming is a huge part of our generation and quite frankly my family also enjoys playing games together whether it be Wii or XBox or whatever system we have.

To the OP I would do like someone else suggested and contact your local sheriffs office. They might not care who knows but I would at least try. My worry wouldn't be just xbox I would be concerned he is using your info for other things.
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #18 (permalink)

Before every one of you get your panties in a bunch, it was one suggestion, but maybe not enough detail. All the OP wanted was a way to stop the harassment, right? Well, if it bothers him so much, seeing those profiles, etc. he could "take a break" from the video games and just spend it with his family until in blows over. Is that better for those of you that were so offended by my previous post?

Oh, and for the one that mentioned it was a judgement.....WHAT? Relax, I realize that video games can be every bit the hobby that card collecting can be. I dabble in them myself from time to time, so it wasn't a jab at all you gamers out there.

To the OP, my previous comment was not meant as an insult. I was not making my point clear, apparently. That's on me. I apologize if you took it the same way others did. I simply meant take some time away from it and it could disappear on its own. Unless he is relentless, I would think he would eventually tire of trying to annoy you. Wouldn't he be able to tell if you were online anyway?

Last edited by nephinfan; 09-24-2012 at 01:23 PM.
nephinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

Quote:
Before every one of you get your panties in a bunch, it was one suggestion, but maybe not enough detail. All the OP wanted was a way to stop the harassment, right? Well, if it bothers him so much, seeing those profiles, etc. he could "take a break" from the video games and just spend it with his family until in blows over. Is that better for those of you that were so offended by my previous post?

Oh, and for the one that mentioned it was a judgement.....WHAT? Relax, I realize that video games can be every bit the hobby that card collecting can be. I dabble in them myself from time to time, so it wasn't a jab at all you gamers out there.

To the OP, my previous comment was not meant as an insult. I was not making my point clear, apparently. That's on me. I apologize if you took it the same way others did. I simply meant take some time away from it and it could disappear on its own. Unless he is relentless, I would think he would eventually tire of trying to annoy you. Wouldn't he be able to tell if you were online anyway?
It definitely came across wrong, apology very much accepted. Also I apologize for taking it the "wrong" way. And OP is pretty much like most of us we are only online when we have the free time. Trust me my 6 year old is not going to let daddy be playing a video game without her.
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9900 View Post
It definitely came across wrong, apology very much accepted. Also I apologize for taking it the "wrong" way. And OP is pretty much like most of us we are only online when we have the free time. Trust me my 6 year old is not going to let daddy be playing a video game without her.
Thank you. It did come across wrong. That should teach me to not type a message that requires more detail when I'm in a hurry and don't have the time to type it all. That's on me. I know most gamers are not as I made it sound previously. One made a good point, video games are a part of our generation, so it's very common place to have them be a part of every day life.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
somehow he figured out my gamertag on xbox live
Was your Tag HEYITSME....because I see my kids playing and those gamer ID names are goddamn ridiculously near on impossible to pull out of someone's ass.
How about the whole truth ? Or you may have fired Kreskin and that means you are truly proper #@#@#@#@ed.
Either way, IU have to agree, the HOOD remark is childish and shows you may have called him a 21 yr old punk,but you being over 24 would surprise me.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you. It did come across wrong. That should teach me to not type a message that requires more detail when I'm in a hurry and don't have the time to type it all. That's on me. I know most gamers are not as I made it sound previously. One made a good point, video games are a part of our generation, so it's very common place to have them be a part of every day life.
Appreciate your apology for the way you worded the statement.
To me it came across as you thought any parent who plays Video games must be neglecting their families. I wasn't defending the fact that games are a hobby.
More defending the fact that parents who play video games,are not always neglecting their families.

I also realize that there may be some that do.

Either way no hard feeling.

One day if in when you have kids. You will truly understand that sometimes a half an hour or so of video game time is a good outlet for stress and frustrations.

Oh crap I never addressed the OP. If I were you I would try to contact Microsoft. Maybe copy some screens as proof. I know there is away to file complaints through said persons Profile. I have a friend who received a lifetime ban from Xbox live. He found away around it,but it was a pain in the arse for him,because he can no longer register an account under his name...Lol never asked him what he did and not sure I want to know.

Last edited by Apakalypto; 09-24-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Apakalypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post

I have numerous issues with your post. You threaten to go to someone's house so you can beat their ass. Real mature by the way, and great way to get yourself killed or put in the hospital. Seeing as how numerous states allow residents of a house to shoot and kill intruders without any consequences. Then say you're on probation. Then proclaim to be a grown ass man with a wife and kids. So let's be clear. You're a "grown ass man" with a wife and kids you should be supporting and taking care of but you'd rather come here to b***h about someone you fired who's harassing you on X-BOX LIVE? Then go on to insinuate you'd go to HIS house and try to beat him up? GTFO out here and go take care of your family. Be that "grown ass man" you claim to be and walk the **** away from the situation.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I have numerous issues with your post. You threaten to go to someone's house so you can beat their ass. Real mature by the way, and great way to get yourself killed or put in the hospital. Seeing as how numerous states allow residents of a house to shoot and kill intruders without any consequences. Then say you're on probation. Then proclaim to be a grown ass man with a wife and kids. So let's be clear. You're a "grown ass man" with a wife and kids you should be supporting and taking care of but you'd rather come here to b***h about someone you fired who's harassing you on X-BOX LIVE? Then go on to insinuate you'd go to HIS house and try to beat him up? GTFO out here and go take care of your family. Be that "grown ass man" you claim to be and walk the **** away from the situation.
asinine comment number 2.

i sincerely hope you live a perfect life, otherwise this whole thing is just hypocrisy. I applaud the OP for just coming here and posting to vent rather than actually doing something destructive to his life (either actually going and kicking some ass or breaking some things at home).

sometimes people just need to vent. get off your soapbox.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #25 (permalink)

I am far more concerned about being on probation as a 'grown ass man' than playing video games.
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote