Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74
Default Need to get rid of my 6 month old kitten

If anyone knows someone in south Florida that wants a kitten please let me know. He is 6 months old and my girlfriend is severely allergic. I have a few pics of him....
Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Have you tried Craigslist in your area? I've found owners for stray cats on Craigslist before, worked out great. Kittens will probably get a new owner really fast, especially if you put up cute pics of it. Good luck.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Bummer dude. Wish I lived down there and could help. Make sure you give it to a good home, please!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Scans???

MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
Have you tried Craigslist in your area? I've found owners for stray cats on Craigslist before, worked out great. Kittens will probably get a new owner really fast, especially if you put up cute pics of it. Good luck.

Be very careful with Craiglist and animals. Vultures look for animals to use as bait for training hunting and fighting dogs.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

That is one cool cat! Hope he or she finds a good home!
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Awwww... I want it!!! To far away though, and also allergic... Hope he finds a good home!
ttmtrader101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Michael Vick uses Craigslist? I thought so!

Not, but seriously, that is awful. I hate some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Be very careful with Craiglist and animals. Vultures look for animals to use as bait for training hunting and fighting dogs.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
Michael Vick uses Craigslist? I thought so!

Not, but seriously, that is awful. I hate some people.
That is why a 'rehoming' fee is appropriate for a giveaway. You can give the fee to a shelter instead of keeping it, but by requiring the 'taker' to pay it will weed out those looking for a free abuse victim.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

Damn man, that is sad - not the fee thing, the idea of a "free abuse victim". It just sounds so awful to know this innocent animals are basically abuse goods, bought and sold.

Quote:
That is why a 'rehoming' fee is appropriate for a giveaway. You can give the fee to a shelter instead of keeping it, but by requiring the 'taker' to pay it will weed out those looking for a free abuse victim.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Good idea on the rehoming fee. I didn't think about the deadbeats you can also find on Craigslist. Yikes.

Gotta meet with the person/people taking your cat. When I gave away a cat I met with the new owner twice. I also recommended a vet, and even called the vet a month later to make sure the new owners had taken the cat to the vet, and they had.

Maybe the humane society is the best place for the cat? I mean that is a very adoptable cat, I would think?
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #13 (permalink)

Going to see if I can talk my girl into maybe trying some allergy shots from a MD. All the over the counter crap doesnt work. Zyrtec, Allegra and so on
Old 09-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
Good idea on the rehoming fee. I didn't think about the deadbeats you can also find on Craigslist. Yikes.

Gotta meet with the person/people taking your cat. When I gave away a cat I met with the new owner twice. I also recommended a vet, and even called the vet a month later to make sure the new owners had taken the cat to the vet, and they had.

Maybe the humane society is the best place for the cat? I mean that is a very adoptable cat, I would think?
^Very good to recommend a Vet and to follow up on it is even better.
Lot of scums are out there taking pets for free and not taking care of the pets are even selling the pets!
I would go visit the home of where the Cat will be living in.
Good luck!
Maybe I'll give my car away,, This bastard is on the biting phase and he is carrying our dogs around house lol

Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
Going to see if I can talk my girl into maybe trying some allergy shots from a MD. All the over the counter crap doesnt work. Zyrtec, Allegra and so on
I had a problem when we acquired our two. My doctor said that cat allergies are one of the worst to try and treat. We bathed our two (they hated it) when they were younger. Eventually, I overcame it. I've read that one can become resistant to particular animals, not necessarily all of them.

I'm glad I don't have a problem now. I wouldn't trade our two for anything. I was ready to get rid of them when it felt like I had a bird feather in my throat constantly while I was around them.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Oh wow, he's a cutie! He looks just like my cat Megatron!
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

I read that to fast and thought it said "I need to get rid of my 6 month old kid"

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlaxmn View Post
I read that to fast and thought it said "I need to get rid of my 6 month old kid"
No, my boy will be 3 next month lol
Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

How long have you had this gf? I know I'm somewhat allergic to cats, but after a few weeks/a month I always am okay with my cats. When we got my second cat I was severely allergic to him - couldn't even sleep in the same room as him because I was such a mess. Slept on the couch for a few days and took a lot of benadryl and two weeks later we were good to go. Maybe your gf would eventually be okay?

As for douchebags who mistreat animals, we actually had a real weird case in my neighborhood recently. A family with young children lost their cat, and two weeks later these two dudes brought it back to them. Seemed easy enough, but no...these two guys actually lived next to a woman with vicious dogs who had kidnapped the cat and was using it as a glorified chew toy for the dogs. The guys saw this and went over and stole the cat back, and it was a mess...like if they had gone to the vet or a shelter it was going to be euthanized for sure. So they cared for its wound best it could and basically nursed it back to health and now the cat is back to normal. And that lady got in trouble, but yikes...makes you think twice about your neighbors for sure.

Trout, Ellington, Soler, Baez, and more!
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
^Very good to recommend a Vet and to follow up on it is even better.
Lot of scums are out there taking pets for free and not taking care of the pets are even selling the pets!
I would go visit the home of where the Cat will be living in.
Good luck!
Maybe I'll give my car away,, This bastard is on the biting phase and he is carrying our dogs around house lol

I'll take the car if it's FT
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Wanna meet me half way? Like somewhere in Iowa?