Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   2012 Blowout Cards Secret Santa Gift Exchange (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/374648-2012-blowout-cards-secret-santa-gift-exchange.html)

jlzinck 09-26-2012 07:19 PM

2012 Blowout Cards Secret Santa Gift Exchange

Here is the link to the 2011 Exchange

[B][SIZE=5]PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING FROM BELOW. I SPENT A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT AND MORE THAN A FEW PEOPLE SEEMED TO PUT IN NONE. WE EVEN HAD PEOPLE NOT EVEN SEND ANYTHING. I had people PM me 4 or 5 times for the address they were supposed to send to. Some people made NO effort in sending their item on time. Others basically went through their junk GU and sent them off. If you will be one of these people this year----please don't join![/SIZE][/B]

[B][COLOR=red]On the flip side we had some INCREDIBLE gifts given by people who are looked down upon here on the forum.[/COLOR][/B]

THIS IS ABOUT GIVING. NOT RECEIVING. PLEASE REMEMBER THIS

--------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas will be here before we know it :D

Let me start by saying, anyone that chooses to participate in this year's exchange, get your gifts mailed out on time so everyone can open their gift on Christmas. Put some effort into this. [B]Don't join to receive a gift but to give one.[/B]

The following excuses will not be accepted for not getting your gift mailed out in time:

1. I was cracking a PSA/BGS slab and accidently stabbed myself in the nuts with the screwdriver. Get over it, be a man.

2. My dog ate the gift and I need to wait till it passes in order for me to mail it.

3. I'm snowed in and I had to eat the cards because we ran out of food.

4. The mailman must have stolen it.

5. I work for Topps in the mail-in redemption department. I will be mailing the gift somewhere between 6-10 months....enjoy!

Also, if you want a certain member to be your recipient let me know. I would do this if you had something you knew that member would really love. ([B]This worked out really well last year[/B])

RULES and Regulations: [B]PLEASE READ THROUGH BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS[/B]

Each participant will be obligated to send a “GIFT” to another participant. The “GIFT” should have a cost value of approximately $25.00 or more ([B]This means you spend at least $25[/B]). The “GIFT” should be gift wrapped according to the season BEFORE it is packaged to be mailed . On the outside of the package, should be placed the words BLOWOUT gift exchange. This should help people from just randomly ripping a package open. [B]The package should be mailed on or shortly after the 1st of December in order to insure a delivery in time for the holidays[/B]. “GIFTS” should not be opened before the evening of the 24th of December. Besides the return address on the package, no identification of the sender is necessary.

[B][B][COLOR=red]Gifts must be sent with Delivery Confirmation and the number must be sent to me.[/COLOR][/B][/B]

[B]Open to [B]members in good standing [/B]who have been here Since January 2012 months or have at least 10 I Trader rating or higher or have a good transaction with me. I ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY ENTRY TO THIS EXCHANGE FOR ANY REASON I SEE FIT[/B]

“GIFTS” are limited in their nature to being sports related or at least something that PSA or BGS might grade or authenticate. (in the rare case of a non–sports card or autograph)

[B][COLOR=red]PLEASE put some effort into this. If someone wants to receive current Boston Celtics please don't send Chauncy Billups.:)![/COLOR][/B]

Let's have mature members who ALL make this a fun experience!

All effort will be made to match up “givers’ to “receivers” interest wise, however there are NO guarantees.

Reply to this thread if you want in and send the following information to me via pm.

**Copy the outline below and pm me a filled out version**

1. Blowout user name:
2. Real name:
3. Mailing Address:
4. Email address
5. Specify sports, players and teams you are interested in.
6. Specify sport or sports of what you are able to GIVE

The following is the list of folks who have shown interest. Other participants will be added. Once I have received the personal information , the word “CONFIRMED” will be placed next to your user name on the list. The list will be finalized with an [B]OFFICIAL CUT OFF TIME on [COLOR=red]OCTOBER 24th @ 9PM EST[/COLOR][/B]. I will then pm the name , address, and sport interest of each participant to their respective “Secret santa”. Each participant will then pm me, so I know that their “GIFT” WAS sent. The word SENT will be placed on the master list.
The Master List will be updated on a regular basis.

Nodie27 09-26-2012 07:24 PM

I want in! Thank you sir!

ttmtrader101 09-26-2012 07:29 PM

I want to do this this year!

Strasburg 09-26-2012 07:31 PM

I would deffinatly be willing to do this..right up my alley. Would you mind letting me join? Thanks

773cards 09-26-2012 07:32 PM

I'm down again. Last year was great!

efish44 09-26-2012 07:35 PM

sent you the pm, I'm in for sure.

mnvikingstwins 09-26-2012 07:38 PM

PM coming to you

Ooosh 09-26-2012 07:56 PM

I would like to join thank you. PM coming.

catfishhedberg 09-26-2012 07:58 PM

I would like to do this as well. Count me in.

ronlabo 09-26-2012 08:05 PM

I'm in again :)!

sunsfan8 09-26-2012 08:05 PM

pm coming:)!

ttmtrader101 09-26-2012 08:07 PM

I think everyone wants a Gift from ManInTheMirror

Bjsportscards77 09-26-2012 08:11 PM

I'm in!!! Thanks for doing this again Jon

Zacky1053 09-26-2012 08:12 PM

I'm in again.

Syd12356 09-26-2012 08:14 PM

I really would like to do this if that's alright.
I'll pm. In a bit.

56LightsOut56 09-26-2012 08:22 PM

I'm in thanks for all the effort, PM sent.

Anderdale 09-26-2012 09:43 PM

I would love to join this year, I am in and PM sent!

Dacubs 09-26-2012 09:56 PM

i'm in please

Shanehw 09-26-2012 10:03 PM

I am in! PM incoming shortly

Strasburg 09-26-2012 10:08 PM

Sent my PM. Looking forward to my first year of this (and my first Christmas with blowout)

Divino 09-26-2012 10:24 PM

I'd like to get in this year. Sent you the PM. Thanks for putting the time and effort into this!

PDawson21 09-26-2012 10:37 PM

Sending a PM, Thanks!

armyatc22 09-26-2012 10:44 PM

Once again I'm in...you know your hosting of huge groups. Between this and the FF pool this is crazy...you need to add a march Maddness pool to the mix lol

Sending pm now

groundsupport 09-26-2012 10:47 PM

PM Sent.. Thank you for hosting..

KevJo 09-26-2012 11:03 PM

PM has been sent with info. Thank you sir!

Kevin