Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Anyone own a scooter? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/379717-anyone-own-scooter.html)

Nodie27 10-07-2012 12:16 AM

Anyone own a scooter?

Hey guys, with gas prices raping me each week I was looking into buying a scooter. (Yup to much of a pansy to buy a motorcycle) I wanted to see if anyone has experience with scooters. What are the reliable manufacturers that I should be looking at? Any models that you recommend? Also what kind of maintenance or other issues should I be aware of?

Once again, any information is greatly appreciated.

jimssouvenirs 10-07-2012 12:18 AM

How far is your drive to work?

tajikey 10-07-2012 12:19 AM

I had an Eagle NST 150cc scoot to get me to and from work. I believe it was made in Korea or Taiwan, and got up to 62 mph and 50 or so miles on a tank of gas (1 gallon). I stopped driving it cause we got a second car, but it was a blast.

ssbledsoe 10-07-2012 12:26 AM

Scooters, like fat chicks, are fun to ride until your friends find out.
As a teenager, I had a Yamaha Razz. 49cc and would hit 35 with a strong tailwind...

fullmetal 10-07-2012 12:28 AM

[QUOTE=ssbledsoe;3433628]Scooters, like fat chicks, are fun to ride until your friends find out.
As a teenager, I had a Yamaha Razz. 49cc and would hit 35 with a strong tailwind...[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it. If anyone does they won't admit it.

A scooter is worse than a cigarette in life reduction.

ssbledsoe 10-07-2012 12:32 AM

[QUOTE=fullmetal;3433635]You beat me to it. If anyone does they won't admit it.

A scooter is worse than a cigarette in life reduction.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, my recommendation for the OP is to dress nicely and be clean shaven whenever "scooting". Otherwise everyone that sees you will make the assumption: dudes out of Steel Reserve and looks great on his DUI mobile.

ilovethelakings 10-07-2012 01:24 AM

A scooter, huh? Ciao!

[youtube]-PmuHWPZSkY[/youtube]

JosieD 10-07-2012 04:31 AM

I was going to say I always wanted a scooter but it doesn't appear that would help your man card so I'll just say I think they are manly and sexy. I can't resist a man on a scooter.

Chaz 10-07-2012 04:49 AM

[QUOTE=JosieDively;3434047]I was going to say I always wanted a scooter but it doesn't appear that would help your man card so I'll just say I think they are manly and sexy. I can't resist a man on a scooter.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha she said it best. Your Better off getting a bike instead of a scooter buddy.

BostonNut 10-07-2012 10:11 AM

If you do get a scooter make sure you get the required aviator cap and goggles and a cape.

Nodie27 10-07-2012 12:29 PM

[QUOTE=JosieDively;3434047]I was going to say I always wanted a scooter but it doesn't appear that would help your man card so I'll just say I think they are manly and sexy. I can't resist a man on a scooter.[/QUOTE]

In that case i'm getting two!

Nodie27 10-07-2012 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=jimssouvenirs;3433593]How far is your drive to work?[/QUOTE]

So my drive to and from work is 9 miles per day. Then I have class which is 30 miles per week. My wife's car broke down so for the past week and a half I have been jogging to work. It's not too bad but it's a hassle because of the change of clothes. I need to wear slacks and a dress shirt so having them in a bag is problematic. This week alone we have saved about $80 by carpooling and jogging to work. I want to keep saving because gas keeps creeping up.

I know scooters aren't cool, but for $200+ in my pocket each month I'll live with it. My wife and I keep joking about trading our SUV straight up for for a motor bike and riding toAspen.

Gibberish 10-07-2012 01:33 PM

Your man card becomes moot after you have been married for a few years :)

My father has this model, painted bright Orange

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2274/1988053589_a64fdd22e2.jpg[/IMG]

After several Orange M&M jokes from me and then the same types of jokes from co-workers,the poor beast and it's 2 weeks of use, sit in the back of the garage :)

His thinking was gas and mobility...the retard factor didn't come into play.....add the bright orange shirts and facepaint and I am shocked he made it through 1 Tennessee game without being beat to death by fellow fans for bringing the embarrassing ride.

He has moved up in the ranks a bit, his 2011 Volkswagon something, is all white....the giant Orange T on the hood and the logo with the dog in the middle on each door....however...he did just buy one of these....and I can only imagine how long before it is radiating in orange and any "Cool" leeched from its frame :)

[IMG]http://www.mjtrikes.com/images/victory-red.jpg[/IMG]

Chaz 10-07-2012 01:41 PM

Trade the suv in on a nice gas saving car and get a nice bike to ride to work and school and then no need for the gym pass if you have one?

Clarka3 10-07-2012 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=Nodie27;3434874]So my drive to and from work is 9 miles per day. Then I have class which is 30 miles per week. My wife's car broke down so for the past week and a half I have been jogging to work. It's not too bad but it's a hassle because of the change of clothes. I need to wear slacks and a dress shirt so having them in a bag is problematic. This week alone we have saved about $80 by carpooling and jogging to work. I want to keep saving because gas keeps creeping up.

I know scooters aren't cool, but for $200+ in my pocket each month I'll live with it. My wife and I keep joking about trading our SUV straight up for for a motor bike and riding toAspen.[/QUOTE]

nice Dumb and Dumber reference!