Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone own a scooter?

Hey guys, with gas prices raping me each week I was looking into buying a scooter. (Yup to much of a pansy to buy a motorcycle) I wanted to see if anyone has experience with scooters. What are the reliable manufacturers that I should be looking at? Any models that you recommend? Also what kind of maintenance or other issues should I be aware of?

Once again, any information is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

How far is your drive to work?
Old 10-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I had an Eagle NST 150cc scoot to get me to and from work. I believe it was made in Korea or Taiwan, and got up to 62 mph and 50 or so miles on a tank of gas (1 gallon). I stopped driving it cause we got a second car, but it was a blast.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Scooters, like fat chicks, are fun to ride until your friends find out.
As a teenager, I had a Yamaha Razz. 49cc and would hit 35 with a strong tailwind...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
Scooters, like fat chicks, are fun to ride until your friends find out.
As a teenager, I had a Yamaha Razz. 49cc and would hit 35 with a strong tailwind...
You beat me to it. If anyone does they won't admit it.

A scooter is worse than a cigarette in life reduction.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
You beat me to it. If anyone does they won't admit it.

A scooter is worse than a cigarette in life reduction.
Honestly, my recommendation for the OP is to dress nicely and be clean shaven whenever "scooting". Otherwise everyone that sees you will make the assumption: dudes out of Steel Reserve and looks great on his DUI mobile.
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

A scooter, huh? Ciao!

ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

I was going to say I always wanted a scooter but it doesn't appear that would help your man card so I'll just say I think they are manly and sexy. I can't resist a man on a scooter.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
I was going to say I always wanted a scooter but it doesn't appear that would help your man card so I'll just say I think they are manly and sexy. I can't resist a man on a scooter.
Hahaha she said it best. Your Better off getting a bike instead of a scooter buddy.
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

If you do get a scooter make sure you get the required aviator cap and goggles and a cape.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
In that case i'm getting two!

Last edited by Nodie27; 10-07-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Nodie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
How far is your drive to work?
So my drive to and from work is 9 miles per day. Then I have class which is 30 miles per week. My wife's car broke down so for the past week and a half I have been jogging to work. It's not too bad but it's a hassle because of the change of clothes. I need to wear slacks and a dress shirt so having them in a bag is problematic. This week alone we have saved about $80 by carpooling and jogging to work. I want to keep saving because gas keeps creeping up.

I know scooters aren't cool, but for $200+ in my pocket each month I'll live with it. My wife and I keep joking about trading our SUV straight up for for a motor bike and riding toAspen.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Your man card becomes moot after you have been married for a few years

My father has this model, painted bright Orange

After several Orange M&M jokes from me and then the same types of jokes from co-workers,the poor beast and it's 2 weeks of use, sit in the back of the garage

His thinking was gas and mobility...the retard factor didn't come into play.....add the bright orange shirts and facepaint and I am shocked he made it through 1 Tennessee game without being beat to death by fellow fans for bringing the embarrassing ride.

He has moved up in the ranks a bit, his 2011 Volkswagon something, is all white....the giant Orange T on the hood and the logo with the dog in the middle on each door....however...he did just buy one of these....and I can only imagine how long before it is radiating in orange and any "Cool" leeched from its frame

Old 10-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Trade the suv in on a nice gas saving car and get a nice bike to ride to work and school and then no need for the gym pass if you have one?
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
So my drive to and from work is 9 miles per day. Then I have class which is 30 miles per week. My wife's car broke down so for the past week and a half I have been jogging to work. It's not too bad but it's a hassle because of the change of clothes. I need to wear slacks and a dress shirt so having them in a bag is problematic. This week alone we have saved about $80 by carpooling and jogging to work. I want to keep saving because gas keeps creeping up.

I know scooters aren't cool, but for $200+ in my pocket each month I'll live with it. My wife and I keep joking about trading our SUV straight up for for a motor bike and riding toAspen.
nice Dumb and Dumber reference!

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote