Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
I am very tired after today so this post may not be as elegant as desired. I did learn a valuable lesson though. I take my husband for granted because the bed time routine is exhausting and he does it 6 nights a week. I will have to thank him properly when he gets back.

This site means something different to each of us. Some of us come here for laughs others come here for the pure love of collecting cards. Some of us are a mixture of both. Others use this site as a business venture therefore have a financial stake in their interactions. When you mix all these reasons, you are bound to butt heads with people. You also have to realize, we all like to give each other a hard time. Ooosh and I are the only ones that literally succeed. My point is, if someone is trying to be nice and help you out just say thank you. There is no need to interject what you feel is funny because this is the internet. It is going to get taken out of context. I, myself, have been guilty of this. It is ok. We move on. We apologize. We learn to let things go. You have to learn to laugh at yourself and enjoy everyone for their unique contributions to this site. I believe everyone has at least one positive quality. I wish everyone the best and hope we all learn to share this space.
pics/vids or it didnt happen

very good post as always
Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #102 (permalink)

he won't though, because anybody who disagrees with him or offers him advice, he automatically labels them a troll...I am still waiting for his evidence that I troll him...he tries to circumvent the rules with the JSA thing and when he gets called out on it, he takes his ball and goes home...
Old 10-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-train10 View Post
Well, you certainly aren't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
ZING
Well I certainly am not going to argue with you in case you decide to troll my threads. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
he won't though, because anybody who disagrees with him or offers him advice, he automatically labels them a troll...I am still waiting for his evidence that I troll him...he tries to circumvent the rules with the JSA thing and when he gets called out on it, he takes his ball and goes home...
As you said, he will not get it. Leave it alone.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
pics/vids or it didnt happen

very good post as always
Unfortunately, our video camera that has the night vision mode is full.

Thank you.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #105 (permalink)

Jairo Beras finally in a product geez thanks Leaf,

anyways this hole thread was reported ........

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #106 (permalink)

I actually don't feel that Imac has done anything wrong that the rest of us have not done wrong as well.

Before I continue, let me get it out that I do not like him.

Now then, as far as I can tell he has not broken any rules of the site, and if anything is using the tools of the site in a way that, while aggravates many of us, is how they were intended to be used.

I will say that he is indeed an antagonist, but in the time that he has been here, there are several people in my own Blowout clique that have antagonized him as well.

I have personally decided that I will not be acknowledging his existance on this forum in any regards, and I believe that in doing so he will not be acknowledging mine. I have done business with him on ebay in the past, and I will in no way do so again for a variety of reasons that I will not get into.

It is very easy in this type of situation to point the blame squarely on one person. But the more honest thing to do would be to point one at him, and the other at ourselves.

This situation has undoubtedly brought extra work and annoyance to our two moderators on this site unfairly. I for one resolve (and I encourage you all to as well) to be the bigger man and simply walk away from the problem.

Thank you.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #107 (permalink)

Corbin, this selfless act by itself will get you on his Christmas Card list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I actually don't feel that Imac has done anything
wrong that the rest of us have not done wrong as well.
I would have to say his behavior has been troll-riffic.

Quote:
Now then, as far as I can tell he has not broken any rules of the site, and if anything is using the tools of the site in a way that, while aggravates many of us, is how they were intended to be used.
I would be guilty as charged, but with the explanation that I only responded to less than 2% of his posts to which I really wanted to scream through my keyboard.

Quote:
I will say that he is indeed an antagonist, but in the time that he has been here, there are several people in my own Blowout clique that have antagonized him as well.
This is not going to be popular. The Mods have been in the wrong catering to Imac's incessant reporting of members and suspending them. Imac has never received any punishment when he has broken multiple rules and that is flat out wrong.

Quote:
This situation has undoubtedly brought extra work and annoyance to our two moderators on this site unfairly. I for one resolve (and I encourage you all to as well) to be the bigger man and simply walk away from the problem.
I personally feel that Imac should not be permitted one more minute on these boards, but that is not my decision to make. I enjoy too many other things around here to worry anymore about this person.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #108 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Locking this thread and want to clear some things up for some people.

First off, Imac does not have my nor Roberts ear when it comes to "taking sides." Corbin is dead on right. Neither side of this crap has been any less involved or at fault as the other. When everyone acts like idiots, I personally either, a) ignore everyone involved or b) remove the post/thread/whatever to stop the childish back and forth.

Second, when it comes to the "punishment" that Robert, Pat, or I give out, it is at our discretion. No member has any say in how we handle things. Frankly, I don't care who you are, if you do something stupid, you will hear from me. I routinely hand out suspension to people I like a lot and deal with often on the forum. Rules are rules and when broken, it doesn't matter whether I like you or not. Regarding the thought that Imac has not been punished in terms of suspensions like others, there is a reason for it. The issues that I have been shown that resulted in suspension, deserved suspension. It is quite possible that Imac has done things that I am not aware of, but other than arguing and playing the martyr, I just haven't seen anything suspension/ban worthy. I was not involved with it, but he was warned for the JSA thread.

Finally, some of the crap that is being reported is down right ridiculous. I'm getting tired of receiving emails about complete non-issues. So stop it. If someone jokingly calls a buddy a jerk, don't report it. I'm not touching it. But if there is a real reportable issue, go for it. Get thicker skin. It's a damn internet forum. And yes, I wrote damn.

Myself and the rest of the mods are just about fed up with the crap that is going on. Whether it be an issue post or people piling on, it has to stop. You all can make the decision. Start getting along and let Robert and me handle things, or carry on have to deal with being sent packing from the site.

If anyone feels the need to discuss, feel free to pm me. But if it is to complain just to complain, it will be ignored.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #109 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanks for closing this thread, pskell02, but I wanted to leave one more post. These quoted posts below have some great insight; please read them if you haven't already.

At this point, everyone involved can consider this a warning. If there are members you dislike, please ignore them and do not troll their posts. Giving others a hard time or bustin' someone's chops is fine if the recipient is a friend or can handle that type of behavior; but it can easily cross the line into bullying and trolling. I would really rather save banning for the scammers and the extreme violations, so please do not force our hand into banning or suspending anyone due to trolling.

Quote:
I actually don't feel that Imac has done anything wrong that the rest of us have not done wrong as well.

Before I continue, let me get it out that I do not like him.

I have personally decided that I will not be acknowledging his existance on this forum in any regards, and I believe that in doing so he will not be acknowledging mine. I have done business with him on ebay in the past, and I will in no way do so again for a variety of reasons that I will not get into.

It is very easy in this type of situation to point the blame squarely on one person. But the more honest thing to do would be to point one at him, and the other at ourselves.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Locking this thread and want to clear some things up for some people.

First off, Imac does not have my nor Roberts ear when it comes to "taking sides." Corbin is dead on right. Neither side of this crap has been any less involved or at fault as the other. When everyone acts like idiots, I personally either, a) ignore everyone involved or b) remove the post/thread/whatever to stop the childish back and forth.

Second, when it comes to the "punishment" that Robert, Pat, or I give out, it is at our discretion. No member has any say in how we handle things. Frankly, I don't care who you are, if you do something stupid, you will hear from me. I routinely hand out suspension to people I like a lot and deal with often on the forum. Rules are rules and when broken, it doesn't matter whether I like you or not. Regarding the thought that Imac has not been punished in terms of suspensions like others, there is a reason for it. The issues that I have been shown that resulted in suspension, deserved suspension. It is quite possible that Imac has done things that I am not aware of, but other than arguing and playing the martyr, I just haven't seen anything suspension/ban worthy. I was not involved with it, but he was warned for the JSA thread.

Finally, some of the crap that is being reported is down right ridiculous. I'm getting tired of receiving emails about complete non-issues. So stop it. If someone jokingly calls a buddy a jerk, don't report it. I'm not touching it. But if there is a real reportable issue, go for it. Get thicker skin. It's a damn internet forum. And yes, I wrote damn.

Myself and the rest of the mods are just about fed up with the crap that is going on. Whether it be an issue post or people piling on, it has to stop. You all can make the decision. Start getting along and let Robert and me handle things, or carry on have to deal with being sent packing from the site.

If anyone feels the need to discuss, feel free to pm me. But if it is to complain just to complain, it will be ignored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
I am very tired after today so this post may not be as elegant as desired. I did learn a valuable lesson though. I take my husband for granted because the bed time routine is exhausting and he does it 6 nights a week. I will have to thank him properly when he gets back.

This site means something different to each of us. Some of us come here for laughs others come here for the pure love of collecting cards. Some of us are a mixture of both. Others use this site as a business venture therefore have a financial stake in their interactions. When you mix all these reasons, you are bound to butt heads with people. You also have to realize, we all like to give each other a hard time. Ooosh and I are the only ones that literally succeed. My point is, if someone is trying to be nice and help you out just say thank you. There is no need to interject what you feel is funny because this is the internet. It is going to get taken out of context. I, myself, have been guilty of this. It is ok. We move on. We apologize. We learn to let things go. You have to learn to laugh at yourself and enjoy everyone for their unique contributions to this site. I believe everyone has at least one positive quality. I wish everyone the best and hope we all learn to share this space.
Closed Thread