Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   The trolling on this site is way out of hand... (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/382225-trolling-site-way-out-hand.html)

Imac7065 10-12-2012 04:09 PM

The trolling on this site is way out of hand...

please delete this thread... it seems pointless that I even tried

ManInTheMirror 10-12-2012 04:12 PM

[QUOTE=Imac7065;3461791]It seems this small group has decided to target certain members ([B]I am their current flavor[/B], but they have done this to many in the past, and are doing it to others currently as well)[/QUOTE]
meh- shows what you know. :o

XL5 10-12-2012 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=Imac7065;3461791] horse's taking a dump[/QUOTE]
That's good to hear!

God bless!

Ajax1723 10-12-2012 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=Imac7065;3461791]For months now a small group of people (some call them "senior members" I just call them trolls) have attacked, demeaned, defamed, and more or less sucked the overall enjoyment from a site such as this.

99% of the people on this site come here to trade/sell/buy cards... talk about the latest sports news.. argue over the value of a high end card, brag about their latest mail day or box break.. etc etc.. they don't come here to see personal attacks on people's families, GIF videos of disgusting things like horse's taking a dump, or out and out attack threads, simply because you decided you don't like a person..

It seems this small group has decided to target certain members (I am their current flavor, but they have done this to many in the past, and are doing it to others currently as well) and try to drive them so batty they will either do something to get themselves banned, or simply stop coming to this site all together. Is that what we want? Do we want a trading community based on juvenile trolling and popularity contests?

I know I am not alone in saying it's gone too far, and I know the majority of this site really hate these trolling attacks... so why don't we all agree to stop this craziness?

If you don't like a certain member, ignore them... there's no reason to start a troll war and turn a 1 page thread about youtube video into a 12 page troll fest. There's no reason to attack a person simply for trying to buy a card a at a certain time or certain price. Is it really worth your time and energy to do this? Don't you have something better you can be doing? Think about it.

I believe in treating people in the way they treat you, hopefully it's with some level of respect... I hope most people feel that way. If everyone treated everyone with some sense of respect on this site.. don't you think it would a lot easier to complete deals? Sell cards? Buy that PC item you've been looking for, for years?

I don't come on here to get into pissing contests with people.. I personally come here to make deals and thankfully I have been pretty successful at doing so (thanks again to those who have done deals with me in the past).. but if every time someone posts a thread, there's 5-10 people that want nothing more than to turn that thread into troll fest... what's the point? It's childish, and I think it's time for this entire site to take a deep breath and just stop all the BS.

Ok.. I'm done with my rant and so this too does not become a troll fest, I will not reply to any messages posted.. hopefully this does some good.[/QUOTE]

I come into this with a completely truthful response. I would hope that you keep true to your word and not respond hatefully at this as you have in many of my and other people's posts.

Some of these "attacks" that you speak of are not spawned by us, they are spawned by you responding in a way that is not in any way cordial to how they initially responded. You continue to not take any responsibility for any of your responses, yet you continue to tell us exactly what we are saying wrong, and how bad it is, and that we are all trolls.

I, and many other people have tried to cordially respond to your threads, and eventually, you make some sort of side-armed comment about how we aren't trolling anymore, or how it's only a matter of time, or whatever. I myself have responded to a couple of your threads recently with nothing but actual interest, and somehow all of them become some sort of trolling thread. This isn't a widespread problem, it seems almost exclusive to your threads. That obviously means something.

I speak on behalf of a couple other people that may not be able to respond right now because of various infractions that may or may not have been warranted of being reported. It is not always us. Until you take responsibility for YOUR actions also, this will most likely continue, and other people who are not even involved with somehow be included in your threads/responses that just aren't as angel-like as you think.

I hope everyone that reads this ALSO sees this response, and I'm not trying to be part of the "99%", but I think this is the mindset of most of the people on this board, and I for one don't like it, but not for the reasons you mentioned. It is not all, or even mostly us. You're continued making of threads such as this, and your continued dual-meaning responses is part of the reason that this fire keeps getting fueled.

37Jetson 10-12-2012 04:16 PM

Here comes the Ban Hammer.

BostonNut 10-12-2012 04:17 PM

So you start this thread to make this point for the [B][U]umpteenth[/U][/B] time yet won't stick around to face the music.

Sir...it seems like it is YOU who is trying to bait people into getting banned. It's quite obvious that this is why this thread exists. You want the group of "senior members" (whoever they are) to come in here and start going off and get themselves banned. You know you are the perfect lighting rod for it.

Yet you won't stick around. It's cowardly.

[QUOTE=Imac7065;3461791]For months now a small group of people (some call them "senior members" I just call them trolls) have attacked, demeaned, defamed, and more or less sucked the overall enjoyment from a site such as this.

99% of the people on this site come here to trade/sell/buy cards... talk about the latest sports news.. argue over the value of a high end card, brag about their latest mail day or box break.. etc etc.. they don't come here to see personal attacks on people's families, GIF videos of disgusting things like horse's taking a dump, or out and out attack threads, simply because you decided you don't like a person..

It seems this small group has decided to target certain members (I am their current flavor, but they have done this to many in the past, and are doing it to others currently as well) and try to drive them so batty they will either do something to get themselves banned, or simply stop coming to this site all together. Is that what we want? Do we want a trading community based on juvenile trolling and popularity contests?

I know I am not alone in saying it's gone too far, and I know the majority of this site really hate these trolling attacks... so why don't we all agree to stop this craziness?

If you don't like a certain member, ignore them... there's no reason to start a troll war and turn a 1 page thread about youtube video into a 12 page troll fest. There's no reason to attack a person simply for trying to buy a card a at a certain time or certain price. Is it really worth your time and energy to do this? Don't you have something better you can be doing? Think about it.

I believe in treating people in the way they treat you, hopefully it's with some level of respect... I hope most people feel that way. If everyone treated everyone with some sense of respect on this site.. don't you think it would a lot easier to complete deals? Sell cards? Buy that PC item you've been looking for, for years?

I don't come on here to get into pissing contests with people.. I personally come here to make deals and thankfully I have been pretty successful at doing so (thanks again to those who have done deals with me in the past).. but if every time someone posts a thread, there's 5-10 people that want nothing more than to turn that thread into troll fest... what's the point? It's childish, and I think it's time for this entire site to take a deep breath and just stop all the BS.

Ok.. I'm done with my rant and so this too does not become a troll fest, [B][SIZE="5"]I will not reply to any messages posted[/SIZE][/B].. hopefully this does some good.[/QUOTE]

ManInTheMirror 10-12-2012 04:20 PM

I love how the world still and always will revolve around you.

Would you like to know something interesting? When I joined this site people really didn't like me! Some hated me. Looks like I handled it all the right way right? Can't say the same of you.

dbroockerd 10-12-2012 04:20 PM

I love you man!

cdub6238 10-12-2012 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=Ajax1723;3461825]I come into this with a completely truthful response. I would hope that you keep true to your word and not respond hatefully at this as you have in many of my and other people's posts.

Some of these "attacks" that you speak of are not spawned by us, they are spawned by you responding in a way that is not in any way cordial to how they initially responded. You continue to not take any responsibility for any of your responses, yet you continue to tell us exactly what we are saying wrong, and how bad it is, and that we are all trolls.

I, and many other people have tried to cordially respond to your threads, and eventually, you make some sort of side-armed comment about how we aren't trolling anymore, or how it's only a matter of time, or whatever. I myself have responded to a couple of your threads recently with nothing but actual interest, and somehow all of them become some sort of trolling thread. This isn't a widespread problem, it seems almost exclusive to your threads. That obviously means something.

I speak on behalf of a couple other people that may not be able to respond right now because of various infractions that may or may not have been warranted of being reported. It is not always us. Until you take responsibility for YOUR actions also, this will most likely continue, and other people who are not even involved with somehow be included in your threads/responses that just aren't as angel-like as you think.

I hope everyone that reads this ALSO sees this response, and I'm not trying to be part of the "99%", but I think this is the mindset of most of the people on this board, and I for one don't like it, but not for the reasons you mentioned. It is not all, or even mostly us. You're continued making of threads such as this, and your continued dual-meaning responses is part of the reason that this fire keeps getting fueled.[/QUOTE]

reported for too much common sense in 1 post

theautographkid 10-12-2012 04:21 PM

[QUOTE=Ajax1723;3461825]I come into this with a completely truthful response. I would hope that you keep true to your word and not respond hatefully at this as you have in many of my and other people's posts.

I hope everyone that reads this ALSO sees this response, and I'm not trying to be part of the "99%", but I think this is the mindset of most of the people on this board, and I for one don't like it, but not for the reasons you mentioned. It is not all, or even mostly us. You're continued making of threads such as this, and your continued dual-meaning responses is part of the reason that this fire keeps getting fueled.[/QUOTE]

This, and what BostonNut, said, are VERY true. YOU cause, most of it, and then blame it on others, and deny any/all of your actions

hxcdavidjones 10-12-2012 04:22 PM

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pointless.

theautographkid 10-12-2012 04:22 PM

[QUOTE=ManInTheMirror;3461839]I love how the world still and always will revolve around you.

Would you like to know something interesting? When I joined this site people really didn't like me! Some hated me. Looks like I handled it all the right way right? Can't say the same of you.[/QUOTE]

Just sayin' who could hate you? You are one of the nicest members, on here

Zerokruel 10-12-2012 04:22 PM

It's like chumming the water.....

cdub6238 10-12-2012 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=ManInTheMirror;3461839]I love how the world still and always will revolve around you.

Would you like to know something interesting? When I joined this site people really didn't like me! Some hated me. Looks like I handled it all the right way right? Can't say the same of you.[/QUOTE]

but..but..but..you just bludgeoned people to submit to your will with your 100s of posts a day :devil::D

ManInTheMirror 10-12-2012 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=theautographkid;3461851]Just sayin' who could hate you? You are one of the nicest members, on here[/QUOTE]
Look at my post count.

Anything involving a high number always brings haters. It's a fact of life.

hungrycollegek 10-12-2012 04:26 PM

Trollin. JS.

ManInTheMirror 10-12-2012 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=hungrycollegek;3461879]Trollin. JS.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea he is totally being a troll.

Total hypocrite.

He knows what fuels the fire and guess what the fire is always lit....

tajikey 10-12-2012 04:28 PM

Free WilsonValdez!!!!!

theautographkid 10-12-2012 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=ManInTheMirror;3461871]Look at my post count.

Anything involving a high number always brings haters. It's a fact of life.[/QUOTE]

Their jealous...more importantly, their HATERS
Having
Anger
Toward
Everyone
Reaching
Success

Ajax1723 10-12-2012 04:30 PM

Just also want to point out, just got PM'ed by IMac telling how wrong I am about my whole post.

Really Imac, you say you won't respond to your own post, and you still find a way to find a loophole in your own post, and still get the last word.

Amazing, just more fuel to the fire, as I mentioned in my post above.

ManInTheMirror 10-12-2012 04:30 PM

Raise your hand once you get a PM from Imac!

*raises hand*

BostonNut 10-12-2012 04:31 PM

I said it above and I'll say it again:

Coward.

[QUOTE=Ajax1723;3461907]Just also want to point out, just got PM'ed by IMac telling how wrong I am about my whole post.

Really Imac, you say you won't respond to your own post, and you still find a way to find a loophole in your own post, and still get the last word.

Amazing, just more fuel to the fire, as I mentioned in my post above.[/QUOTE]

Ajax1723 10-12-2012 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=ManInTheMirror;3461912]Raise your hand once you get a PM from Imac!

*raises hand*[/QUOTE]

*raises hand higher*

oldgoldy97 10-12-2012 04:33 PM

1) Take your own advice and ignore the people trolling you.
2) No, your thread did not do any good.

Imac7065 10-12-2012 04:33 PM

There really is no way to stop you people is there? Nothing.. not at all

I write well thought out rant on saying we should all end the BS.. and you still find ways to twist it and start trolling... I feel sorry for you guys.. I really do

I won't PM anyone else or respond to this thread again (literally)... there seems to be no point. All you seem to care about is how to twist things to attack me. And now I'll be attacked for saying this haha