Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Walking Dead Game *Potential Spoilers*

Has anyone been playing it? I bought the bundle for PS when it came out, and been playing and beating each chapter the day it drops. I know the boards have a huge TWD following, so wanted to see who has been playing it.

I'm looking to discuss it with fellow members as I only have one friend who's been playing it as well. Next to the Metal Gear Solid series, this is the most emotionally invested I've ever been in a game. Mostly due to my love for the comic and show. Especially with the ending of episode 4. I mean it was easy to see coming, but the way it was pulled was amazing, and unexpected. I figured it would be saved for the last chapter. I feel such deep ties to Lee and Clem. Mostly due the weight your decisions have on them. Also would like to see how drastically different my story is to the others.
projekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I've been playing it and it's a blast. I have one game where I help everyone and one where I'm an absolute dickbag.

EDIT: I didn't even know that Ep 4 was out. I know what I'll be doing tonight!
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

I play it. I finished episode 4 yesterday
sdtymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yea backer, play 4, it seems drawn out, the end makes up for it.

I've been playing this run through as if it were me, actually making choices I would. When I finish my buddy and I are gonna do one together, and see how that ends.

I like the idea if being nice/dick though....
Old 10-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
Yea backer, play 4, it seems drawn out, the end makes up for it.

I've been playing this run through as if it were me, actually making choices I would. When I finish my buddy and I are gonna do one together, and see how that ends.

I like the idea if being nice/dick though....
Oh, being a raging dick is funny.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

I play. I beat the episodes the day they hit
Old 10-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Out of everyone that's replied thus far, what do you think of the game overall?

Are you emotionally invested into the characters?

Up until now what's been the biggest "OH SH*T" moment for you? I'm a toss up between a death in three and the ending of four.

Who's still alive? I've only 3 left, a "couple" and a "red neck" friend

And who went with you at the end of four? For me it's the 3 mentioned above.

My biggest gripe is PS specific, looks like you'll get a platinum just for playing through it in it's entirety once. I wish that you would have to play at least twice :/
Old 10-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I've been playing it and it's a blast. I have one game where I help everyone and one where I'm an absolute dickbag.

EDIT: I didn't even know that Ep 4 was out. I know what I'll be doing tonight!
no kidding. I expected another 2 month layoff after EP 3. thanks OP. without your thread, I wouldn't have thought to check for EP 4 so soon!

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Out of everyone that's replied thus far, what do you think of the game overall?

Are you emotionally invested into the characters?

Up until now what's been the biggest "OH SH*T" moment for you? I'm a toss up between a death in three and the ending of four.

Who's still alive? I've only 3 left, a "couple" and a "red neck" friend

And who went with you at the end of four? For me it's the 3 mentioned above.

My biggest gripe is PS specific, looks like you'll get a platinum just for playing through it in it's entirety once. I wish that you would have to play at least twice :/
SPOILER ALERT. putting the text in WHITE so highlight the text below to read.

biggest Oh #@#@#@#@ moment? When Carly/Doug (was Carly in my playthrough) got killed out of nowhere. She was my favorite companion. Her knowing my secret made me invest in keeping her happy, and I really thought she was the most useful.

biggest gripe? the fact that the carly/doug death was kind of a way of the devs to get rid of that character without giving the player much of a choice. I thought it was a cop-out.

just finished dl-ing 4, so i may have more to add afterward. I very much enjoy the game despite the last one seeming to be drawn out cheeply by the devs by making you run back and forth on that train.

lastly, so far i'm in the 16% of players that got the couple, the idiot, and the redneck to come with me. what can I say, it pays to not be a dick.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 10-13-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Hmmmm, I just tried downloading it on my 360 and it still says "Coming Soon".
Old 10-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmmmm, I just tried downloading it on my 360 and it still says "Coming Soon".
don't know what to tell you man.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

I didn't see the Carly incident coming at ALL. Caught way off guard on that one.

I try to please everyone but put Clem first. I don't think it felt drawn out at all(whole game) till the school. The going back and forth got LAME quick.

Who does everyone think is on the radio? My money is on the brother you left to the walkers in two. He's only person in the game you've crossed that hasn't been killed.

At the rankings in the end I was always with the majority of players. Until episode 4. I was the minority across the board :/

I'm happy this thread let everyone know 4 was out. I wasn't expecting it until November. But I was on a video game site Monday and try said it dropped Tuesday. I was thrilled!!!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

I try to please everyone but put Clem first. I don't think it felt drawn out at all(whole game) till the school. The going back and forth got LAME quick.

Who does everyone think is on the radio? My money is on the brother you left to the walkers in two. He's only person in the game you've crossed that hasn't been killed.
yeah, i hadn't played the school yet when i did my first spoiler post in white. this was just like it. a way for the devs to eke out a few more minutes of gameplay to make you not feel a little ripped off. Still, 4 was much better than 3 imo.

as for the radio, the brother theory is neat. I'm wondering if it'll be somebody new though. didn't see the last bit of 4 coming, that's for sure!

Old 10-13-2012, 02:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

I knew what happened in fours ending was bound to happen. But I assumed it would be in episode 5. I actually stood up and gasped lol.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I knew what happened in fours ending was bound to happen. But I assumed it would be in episode 5. I actually stood up and gasped lol.
i agree something like that was bound to happen. would have been nice to make it a quick-time event or something in 4 to at least give you a shot at avoiding it

Old 10-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

I don't know if I personally would've liked a chance to avoid it. I like that it happened and think it's REALLY going to add to the suspense of the last episode. Like being against a clock. I just hope it ends amazingly.

By the way TellTale stated that they are going to make another one of these. If I recall correctly it's going to be well into the "apocalypse" as opposed to the beginning like this one.

Also backer did you get it to download? I know PS got it before Xbox. But it's our for Xbox now. That's what my friends plays it on.

And did everyone else have the disappearing Duck in episode 3? Episode 3 seemed riddled with issues. Graphically I mean. Even froze on my once :/ was worried I was going to lose my save data :/

Lastly, I assess episode 5 will be out late November early December. TT wants the retail disc version out by christmas…
Old 10-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Got it, wasn't signed into XBL.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

I finished Episode 4 last night. My wife and I love playing this game. I control the players, and she likes to make the decisions. And she is definitely more of a d*ck than I am when it comes to making choices! We're going into episode 5 with just Lee and Kenny.

I gotta say though these games are great. The ending to episode 4 was a shocker to me. I think we all know what Lee's overall fate is going to be, but getting to the end is going to be filled with some surprises I think. And overall the mood of episode 4 was more creepy than the other episodes.

As far as emotional investment into the characters, I like the friendship between Lee and Kenny. My wife seems to be more invested in Clementine and the kids in the game. Episode 3 was a tough one for her because of what happened to Kenny's son.

I can't wait for episode 5, but I'll be sad that it will be the last episode.
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Sorry Ben, ya gots ta go! Have a nice fall!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry Ben, ya gots ta go! Have a nice fall!
Lol I dropped his ass too. He angered me with him being the bandit supplier. And we were already pressed for room on the boat. He was cool with it so that made it easier on my conscious lol
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #21 (permalink)

Where is the game at?
KEARYCOLBERT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEARYCOLBERT83 View Post
Where is the game at?
Either playstation network or Xbox live. All though a disc retail copy is slated for a christmas release. Play the demo though. It's not a "traditional" video game.