Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Advice needed from the Taken/Married Fellas

So I'm a single dude. Been single for just over a month now. What is it that's up with single women?? This woman I was talking to the other day (in a group) decided to go on a rant. She would stop talking to a guy if:
He seemed too available
He seemed too nice
He seemed like a jerk
He seemed too forward

I understand being too forward or being a jerk. I semi-get coming across too available (I'm not though, full time student and working on the weekends) because that can create a vice grip cling-on situation (my ex). Just too weird!! Is it just this one woman or are they all this way? If you're a woman feel more than free to comment as well.

BTdub I'm known as a fun person to be around, a go-getter, I'm graduating in a year and a half and I don't know how I should be right now. Should I just be single until I get out in the real real world? I'm not looking for anything in particular, just if I get struck by lightening I get struck by lightening (if you know what I mean).
Thanks!!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Be single, you are better off
freeman2jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think you should never use the phrase "BTdub" in written or verbal form
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
I think you should never use the phrase "BTdub" in written or verbal form
I don't just thought it was semi cool on here. I apologize for my attempted douchiness and will attempt to prevent such behavior in the future ;p
Old 10-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

PM RonLabo, he's the ladies man around these parts.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Check out plenty of fish, plenty of whores there looking to party LOL
freeman2jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman2jackson View Post
Check out plenty of fish, plenty of whores there looking to party LOL
Already there. But I'm more of a get out and meet people person lol
Old 10-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

When I was a single young buck, I decided to stop looking for the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, and BAM!!!!! (Yes, it hit me that hard) that is when she just appeared in a very unlikely situation.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

I picked a Puerto Rican. It's life altering on so many levels, good and bad.
Basketball: HOFers
wadedaniel84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman2jackson View Post
Be single, you are better off
This man knows what's up. Just have fun with the single life and bang randoms and hang with friends you will be happier than ever I promise
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

Her comment that she didn't want to go out with anyone who was too nice lacks maturity. Stay away from women who lack maturity. Another sign of her lack of maturity is that a person who is meeting strangers for the first time shouldn't be spouting off like that. It's just rude.

Don't let your frustration of meeting a nice girl be clouded by what that girl said.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

Trick is simple
Don't go looking for women. They will find you. People who have notions on what is/is not tend to be easy drunk sex and they try to ensure they have enough rules out there that when they get plastered they wake up next to someone they can bare to look at :P
Old 10-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

As for what she said.. it sounds like she is alone and not getting any.
I would have asked her what her battery bill was a month.

Females are like strippers...
They expect you to desire them and want them enough to pay for them...
What happens if you ignore them?
They are all over you trying to understand why you don't want them... which in turn makes you desirable...
They have no clue what they want... so tell them what they want.. b/c its what they want you to do.
The best attitude going into this is the why are you special enough to be seen with me attitude.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

You've got your whole life to be chained down and monotonous. Live it up for a while and don't worry about it.

And if any guy could figure a woman out, he'd be rich.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #15 (permalink)

You won't get your college years back. Just run through random split tail like nobody's business. You've got a golden opportunity to surround yourself with good looking females who like to party. I'm failing to see a problem. The only thing you need to land women in the sack no matter how hot they are is confidence. Save the relationships for when you're in the "real world". No need to rush relationships. You've got the rest of your life to do the married and children thing. Roughly 10 years from now you'll be married, complacent, pounding the same ole vag and wishing you lived in the moment like you do now.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #16 (permalink)

"When in doubt, whip it out!"
Old 10-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor_rider08 View Post
As for what she said.. it sounds like she is alone and not getting any.
I would have asked her what her battery bill was a month.

Females are like strippers...
They expect you to desire them and want them enough to pay for them...
What happens if you ignore them?
They are all over you trying to understand why you don't want them... which in turn makes you desirable...
They have no clue what they want... so tell them what they want.. b/c its what they want you to do.
The best attitude going into this is the why are you special enough to be seen with me attitude.
I am going to assume you have only been in relationships with strippers. I don't even have any real comments for this because when I try to type something up they all come out not so nice.

I will respond to the bold part: If she is smart, she'd use re-chargeable.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #18 (permalink)

In my humble opinion, don't worry about women until you are done with school. I was single for nearly all of my college career except when I started medical school. I ironically met an amazing woman on POF and I wasn't really "looking" at the time. Things just fell into place.

If you are going to be looking for a woman just remember to be yourself and you will never go wrong. If things don't work out, suck it up and find someone else.
Artiodactyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #19 (permalink)

I think you can go for whatever you want. One bad seed was all that she was. I am guessing she was a bit too spoiled for her own good. Daddy issues and all that. Most girls are not that way. You do have to wade through a lot of muck to find the promised land, but don't ever get bogged down in the crappy ones. Do what you want, if you wanna go have randoms, go for it. If you are looking for something, real then do that too. The only person who can really give you good advice on this, is yourself. Asking a bunch of card geeks opinions on love probably is not the best bet.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrycollegek View Post
So I'm a single dude. Been single for just over a month now. What is it that's up with single women?? This woman I was talking to the other day (in a group) decided to go on a rant. She would stop talking to a guy if:
He seemed too available
He seemed too nice
He seemed like a jerk
He seemed too forward

I understand being too forward or being a jerk. I semi-get coming across too available (I'm not though, full time student and working on the weekends) because that can create a vice grip cling-on situation (my ex). Just too weird!! Is it just this one woman or are they all this way? If you're a woman feel more than free to comment as well.

BTdub I'm known as a fun person to be around, a go-getter, I'm graduating in a year and a half and I don't know how I should be right now. Should I just be single until I get out in the real real world? I'm not looking for anything in particular, just if I get struck by lightening I get struck by lightening (if you know what I mean).
Thanks!!
Sorry, forgot to respond to the OP. Thought I multi-quoted it but didn't.

I wouldn't worry about her. Some women are that way, most have been hurt in the past. Just keep being yourself and you will find the person that is right for you.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

When I started getting into my mid 20's I always blamed me being single because I was the nice guy. then this happened and this is what I tell people as I believe is true.

With me I had just gotten to the point in my life (27ish) when I became content with being single and happy with my single life. It was at this point of be fine, internally, with being single that I met and married my wonderful wife. My point is and I will tell people....

That you have to be truly content with being single and be happy with yourself and I am willing to bet that lighting will strike for you.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #22 (permalink)

If you encounter a woman like this leave the used condom wrapper on her dresser. If you are thinking that she is girlfriend material you are out of your mind because she is likely nothing but drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrycollegek View Post
He seemed too available
He seemed too nice
He seemed like a jerk
He seemed too forward
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote