Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default delivery status not updated ?

a package I sent out last month had said "Delivery Status not Updated" since September 25th. The buyer emailed me this morning saying where is my item and that he hasn't received it. I called paypal and I am screwed if he opens a case since it says this?

Is there anything I can do? I sent the item with signature confirmation?? How could it get delivered without being signed for?
Old 10-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

It's likely lost in the mail.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

This is the USPS's fault. The carrier did not update and scan the item when he delivered it. If he opens a case, yes you are screwed. You need to contact the local USPS that delivers his mail and speak to a supervisor. The postal employee is in violation of policy.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
This is the USPS's fault. The carrier did not update and scan the item when he delivered it. If he opens a case, yes you are screwed. You need to contact the local USPS that delivers his mail and speak to a supervisor. The postal employee is in violation of policy.
I can tell you from first hand experience that the employee will feel no pain if you talk to the supervisor. That's a waste of your time.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

I just got off the phone with the Post Office. The lady opened a case for me where they are going to find out where it is or where it went.

I understand if it was just DC that the person may have been in a rush and not scanned it but how do they miss a signature?

Also this was shipped to a PO box and on the 24th it said "Out for Delivery" and then the 25th it said "Delivery Status not Updated". I thought that meant the buyer just hadn't been to the PO Box to pick up the slip where he had to sign for it.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
I just got off the phone with the Post Office. The lady opened a case for me where they are going to find out where it is or where it went.

I understand if it was just DC that the person may have been in a rush and not scanned it but how do they miss a signature?

Also this was shipped to a PO box and on the 24th it said "Out for Delivery" and then the 25th it said "Delivery Status not Updated". I thought that meant the buyer just hadn't been to the PO Box to pick up the slip where he had to sign for it.
Call his local PO. I have had that happen several times. They will scan something as out for delivery, then later that night change it or scan it as Delivery status not updated. That means for one reason or another the delivery driver left early without it or forgot to get it signed when out on route. Sure enough next day there it was. I would call the receivers local PO and explain this.

Kevin
Old 10-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevJo View Post
Call his local PO. I have had that happen several times. They will scan something as out for delivery, then later that night change it or scan it as Delivery status not updated. That means for one reason or another the delivery driver left early without it or forgot to get it signed when out on route. Sure enough next day there it was. I would call the receivers local PO and explain this.

Kevin
this makes sense except that it was going to PO box in the post office.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
this makes sense except that it was going to PO box in the post office.
Yeah my experience is non PO Box. Still call might help, GL and hope it works out!

Kevin

Last edited by KevJo; 10-13-2012 at 11:03 AM.
KevJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I was speaking about my experiences of that. But still call his local PO where it was scanned.

Kevin
Doing that now, thanks!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

I called them and they said they do not have the package at the post office. The guy who I sold it to picks up a ton of packages they said and he has a signature on file. Anyways the guy said that most likely the person got the package and it was someone in the PO not doing their job and that is why it was never scanned as delivered.

So I guess I am screwed then
Old 10-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

At least make the PO give you a refund on your shipping costs. That is the least they can do for you.

Kevin
Old 10-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
At least make the PO give you a refund on your shipping costs. That is the least they can do for you.

Kevin
yeah the $5 shipping will offset the $350 I am about to be out. On my sisters wedding day I have this looming over me now. This guy is not only scamming me but ruining my day/weekend.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #13 (permalink)

Whats his Ebay ID?

Kevin
Old 10-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Whats his Ebay ID?

Kevin
If he filed a claim and does me wrong I will give out the name. I am still waiting to see what happens.

Here is what I do not understand..

Why did I pay for signature confirmation if the guy has a signature on file and doesn't even have to sign? How is this not on the post office? They did not do their job and I get screwed out of $350 over it? Is there anything I can do?
Old 10-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Man, that's screwed up worse than polio.

I can't believe Paypal didn't have any advice for you, they've been very helpful to me in the past. Slow as molasses in winter, but eventually very helpful.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

you sent a $350 package without insurance?
Old 10-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
you sent a $350 package without insurance?
Yes i did not use insurance. Don't need to be lectured though. I should have insured it. I thought signature confirmation would be enough to get it there
Old 10-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

Call his bluff and tell him you spoke to his local PO (not a lie as you did, and they can confirm, also find out who you actually spoke to and only use there name if you have to) but tell the buyer they confirmed you picked up the package (or packages) on (whatever date it said 'out for delivery') and ask him what kind of BS is he trying to pull!

It's your last resort as it seems he is using the lack of proper postal procedures to get one by you, so try the same tactics back!!
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

Or just do the smart thing, and ask for a copy of his signature, show it to paypal and let them handle it. Clearly he is scanning. And the po probably meant they have the copy of his signature. Why it wasn't scanned, if he gets that many packages, it would be easy to miss one evey now and again.
ntgm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #20 (permalink)

I dont think you are allowed to have a signature on file at a post office. No way they will let you ghost sign certified and registered mail etc. The influx of temporary employees since the USPS has been laying off and buying out their veterans has made their service impossible to trust. I had an Express Mail stolen in a sort facility and trust me they wont do a thing about it. It was insured, they paid out the claim and refunded the postage and went on their way. They no longer care.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote