Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I drove a ball 300 yards today

Played in a scramble with office guys. Hit the absolute best drive of my life, estimated at ~315 yards. Granted there was down slope and wind behind me, haha, but it was the coolest thing to watch. I play golf fairly regularly (maybe once every 10 days or so), but I am not good. But hitting shots like today make me just want to come back. Also helps when it is 80 with a nice breeze in middle October

And in case anyone was wondering, I use a Nike Sasquatch driver and was playing Nike Mojo balls. They should sponsor me.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very nice! When I was 12-15 I played regularly since I was able to get a junior membership for a great price. I took a PE class this year in college and we golfed for the first unit. It made me miss it a lot. Granted I was very rusty since its been 4-5 years since I last golfed. The last day we were on the range I was starting to get up to 225-250. I was pleased since it had been so long and I was using the school's clubs. Congrats on the nice drive! You should have just left out the down slope and wind behind you though
Old 10-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice shot! I was walking my weekly 9 at Farmington Hills Golf Club a couple weeks ago and hit a 339 yarder. Wind and downslope too but who cares!? Haha.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
Nice shot! I was walking my weekly 9 at Farmington Hills Golf Club a couple weeks ago and hit a 339 yarder. Wind and downslope too but who cares!? Haha.
Farmington Hills? I was just there 2 weeks ago. We are putting a store in Farmington and I was looking at some other locations while I was there.

I was in a best ball when I was about 18 years old. We were playing one of only 2 par 6's in the US. I hit the sh!t out of the ball and it was a beautiful low line drive wityh a lot of roll. We were walking down the fairway and everyone is picking up there ball. We couldn't find mine and someone happened to walk up to the dog leg and said here's your ball. It was 425 yards to the dog leg. I have never repeated and probably won't. My distance gets much shorter as I get older.

I love the game and shot my best score in 5 years in August on my birthday. My wife booked a weekend golf package. Every shot just seemed to go where I wanted it and all my drives were in the middle and I was draining everything from 5 to 25 feet. I shot 5 over on a par 72 course. It was a very happy birthday indeed.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've been out golfing the last two weekends, and I know I'm not very good. I used to be a decent golfer 4-5 years ago, and would hit bogey/double-bogey at worst on most of my holes (I was 12 or so at the time).

I haven't found my swing yet (52 & 60 on a local 9-hole course), but the last 3 or so holes on my last round were promising. Used a 6 iron and put one within 20 feet of the hole on a short par 3. Was pretty proud of myself on that one!

It's too bad I'm just getting into golfing when it's starting to get ugly outside. I hope to hit a quick round sometime after school this week if it touches 60 outside.

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nice drive! I couldn't hit a drive 300 yards on a frozen lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetailChamp View Post
Played in a scramble with office guys. Hit the absolute best drive of my life, estimated at ~315 yards. Granted there was down slope and wind behind me, haha, but it was the coolest thing to watch. I play golf fairly regularly (maybe once every 10 days or so), but I am not good. But hitting shots like today make me just want to come back. Also helps when it is 80 with a nice breeze in middle October

And in case anyone was wondering, I use a Nike Sasquatch driver and was playing Nike Mojo balls. They should sponsor me.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote