Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #326 (permalink)

I don't see anyone being "trapped" at the prison with walkers. If the governor escaped all the walkers 2 weeks ago, then it would take a sh!t ton of walkers to over run the whole woodberry army.

I like the idea in theory, I just don't see it actually happening.

And of course there wilk be a huge cliff hanger at the end of the finale to make sure you watch next season.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #327 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
I don't see anyone being "trapped" at the prison with walkers. If the governor escaped all the walkers 2 weeks ago, then it would take a sh!t ton of walkers to over run the whole woodberry army.

I like the idea in theory, I just don't see it actually happening.

And of course there wilk be a huge cliff hanger at the end of the finale to make sure you watch next season.
What about "locked in" as opposed to the more passive definition of trapped?
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #328 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
What about "locked in" as opposed to the more passive definition of trapped?
I don't know man. They've got an awful lot of weapons......Unless of course they fend off the walkers, but die of starvation since they're "locked" in.

Just my opinion. I anxiously awaiting to see what happens.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #329 (permalink)

with the episode called the tombs or whatever it is...i assume some people will be locked in the prison. The lack of walkers in the preview has me curious how they are going to be used.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #330 (permalink)

I would assume the 27 (in which it was mentioned that it would be 27 significant people)includes hersel, beth and maybe carol maybe the baby and morgan and probably anybody with a speaking part from woodbury except tyrese

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #331 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger1980 View Post
I would assume the 27 (in which it was mentioned that it would be 27 significant people)includes hersel, beth and maybe carol maybe the baby and morgan and probably anybody with a speaking part from woodbury except tyrese
Hershel I can see. Beth is a maybe for me, just seems they haven't moved her character forward enough, and it would be too much for Maggie losing both her father and sister at once. Carl seems to have a crush on her, and just two-three weeks ago they had her stop an argument with a gunshot - a "growing up" moment.

Carol, I can see, but then again they never really moved the Carol-Daryl thing forward and he's a fan-favorite. If the baby lives, one of Carol/Beth needs to live as well - they've both been shown constantly taking care of the baby.

Rick is just getting back to his normal self, so losing the baby might put him in self-destruct mode. I'm guessing the doctor saves Andrea if the prison group doesn't, and if he doesn't get past the episode (say he dies saving her), could see him joining the prison group, helping fill Hershel's role.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #332 (permalink)

comic spoilers in white

In the comics, Lori and baby die in the escape. Then, one of the woodbury people kill the governor once they realize what he made them do.

So, I could see baby+carol or baby plus hershel's daughter dying, as well as hershel.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #333 (permalink)

I wanna get this signed by Rooker in may-

Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #334 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
I wanna get this signed by Rooker in may-

He looked pretty bad ass as a zombie. It was a touching moment at the end of the last episode. I almost got teary eyed. My wife had to remind me (by singing) that pimps dont' cry.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #335 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
hershel i can see. Beth is a maybe for me, just seems they haven't moved her character forward enough, and it would be too much for maggie losing both her father and sister at once. Carl seems to have a crush on her, and just two-three weeks ago they had her stop an argument with a gunshot - a "growing up" moment. Carol, i can see, but then again they never really moved the carol-daryl thing forward and he's a fan-favorite. If the baby lives, one of carol/beth needs to live as well - they've both been shown constantly taking care of the baby. Rick is just getting back to his normal self, so losing the baby might put him in self-destruct mode. I'm guessing the doctor saves andrea if the prison group doesn't, and if he doesn't get past the episode (say he dies saving her), could see him joining the prison group, helping fill hershel's role.
I agree re: Beth - she and Carl are the genetic future of the prison group, probably even more so than Glen/Maggie (dat racism?).

I gotta think after all Carol's been through she will get another season at least; she's needed to take care of baby, and the possibility of her becoming Daryl's squeeze increased with demise of Merle. Also not many adult white females left especially if Andrea dies.

I would predict Andrea dying before the baby; too much invested in the baby so far by the prison group as a whole (if not Rick himself who seems to barely notice her) plus Andrea had her chance to end it all by shanking the governor in his sleep and blew it. I'll go for: doctor guy dies trying to save Andrea; Andrea dies, Governor killed shortly after torture/execution of Andrea.

Great fun going back and forth with all of you on this; it really does make the show more enjoyable. Hopefully not too long a break between sunday and "breaking bad" final season!

Last edited by hairysasquatch; 03-29-2013 at 11:54 AM.
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #336 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
I agree re: Beth - she and Carl are the genetic future of the prison group, probably even more so than Glen/Maggie (dat racism?).

I gotta think after all Carol's been through she will get another season at least; she's needed to take care of baby, and the possibility of her becoming Daryl's squeeze increased with demise of Merle. Also not many adult white females left especially if Andrea dies.

I would predict Andrea dying before the baby; too much invested in the baby so far by the prison group as a whole (if not Rick himself who seems to barely notice her) plus Andrea had her chance to end it all by shanking the governor in his sleep and blew it. I'll go for: doctor guy dies trying to save Andrea; Andrea dies, Governor killed shortly after torture/execution of Andrea.

Great fun going back and forth with all of you on this; it really does make the show more enjoyable. Hopefully not too long a break between sunday and "breaking bad" final season!
You just have to get into Mad Men to carry you through. Looks like AMC plans to begin each new show right after the end of the previous one ... so 13 weeks of Mad Men (starting 4/7) puts us right at 7/7 for Breaking Bad ... which, by the way, I am anticipating more than I have any other show ever.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #337 (permalink)

Quote:
you are aware that Chandler Riggs (Carl) is 13 and Emily Kinney (Beth) is 27 right?

there is absolutely zero chance of a romantic relationship...
Old 03-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #338 (permalink)

Quote:

thats why you need to watch mad men...

the seasons go Walking Dead, Mad Men and then Breaking Bad... when one ends the other starts. Season finale of TWD on sunday, season premiere of Mad Men next sunday

:edit: yeah what calculus dork said
Old 03-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #339 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
you are aware that Chandler Riggs (Carl) is 13 and Emily Kinney (Beth) is 27 right?

How is old is Beth portrayed to be on the show?

As dark as the show is I can't imagine them killing the baby( (I know I have read the book))......

At some point Rick is going to leave the baby with someone else. Since Glenn and Maggie are married or soon will be I can see them staying behind at some stop and Rick giving them the baby to raise.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #340 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
How is old is Beth portrayed to be on the show?
she isn't really portrayed to be any age, other than maggies younger sister...

i would say late teens...

im just saying getting a 13 year old and 27 year old to play lovers would be a bit much.

I was talking to my gf at the beginning of this season when Carl seemed to take a liking to her, i said i bet they are wishing they used a younger actress for Beth now...
Old 03-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #341 (permalink)

Quote:

Damn I did not realize she was 27. Having said that I apologize to Jason about my comment about him liking em young lol. I'd tap that too. Idk why but I always thought of her as 15-16ish.
On another note I really think Glenn and/or Maggie will get killed in the finale. It seems all season has concentrated on their relationship. And he just proposed, I just think that is leading up to a huge letdown.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #342 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius423 View Post
Damn I did not realize she was 27. Having said that I apologize to Jason about my comment about him liking em young lol. I'd tap that too. Idk why but I always thought of her as 15-16ish.
On another note I really think Glenn and/or Maggie will get killed in the finale. It seems all season has concentrated on their relationship. And he just proposed, I just think that is leading up to a huge letdown.
not trying to derail the thread... but DEF not 15

Old 03-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #343 (permalink)

Quote:

Man, she's in really good shape. I say once Hershal gets horribly gang eaten in front of her, she should go on a crazy zombie killing rampage. She looks really fit.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #344 (permalink)

Quote:

Definitely changes my outlook on her lol. I'd like to see her stick around for a while now.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #345 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

So she's legal? I thought she was like 15 haha
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #346 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius423 View Post
Haha. No offense was taken. I remember hearing somewhere this season she was in her mid 20's. That's about the time she moved to the top of my Walking Dead Women's List
Old 03-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #347 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks for awaring me on this fact - in all honesty I am surprised but IMHO she is portrayed in the show as much closer to 13 than 27. Plus this is a post-apocalyptic world and normal rules of decorum/morality probably should be understood as out the window PARTICULARLY when it came to propagation of the species, which I imagine would become a concern at some point were there any survivors left.

I have to get through Mad Men before my BB, eh? Challenge accepted!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #348 (permalink)

Who do you guys think the webepisode will be about this season? I'm hoping it's about the guy they passed on the highway whose backpack they took.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #349 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Who do you guys think the webepisode will be about this season? I'm hoping it's about the guy they passed on the highway whose backpack they took.
that, or the weird guy in that barn they ran into before they reached woodbury.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #350 (permalink)

Going to have to catch the late showing since my brother isn't home...any final predictions?

Only thing I'm semi-sure of is that Hershel will die, Tyreese and his sister join the prison group, Martinez probably dies, and the doctor turns against the governor when he finds Andrea. Maybe on Judith dying or being kidnapped by the Governor.

Hard to see the Governor being killed because they still need a cliffhanger to bring us to the next season instead of closure. And wondering if Glen is safe...

One more thing...didn't Morgan have grenades? The door was left open in the prison in the promo and they opened it because the sneak peak ended. Trigger?

Last edited by xbignick; 03-31-2013 at 09:04 PM.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote