Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
dude- did anybody else bust out laughing the way Rick delivered his lines at the end? me and my friends busted out laughing.
Yeah it was a bit over the top and awkward. I get what he was trying to do but it came off as something you'd see in a high school drama class. Thought it was strange that Carl took it like a man while Rick just stumbled and bumbled through. Seems like now he's traumatized and flips out in the next episode which is unfortunate because I thought he was becoming stronger as a leader. I guess he'll get over it when the baby has Shane's curls.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I'm curious if TV will allow the Govenor to **** Michonne, and will Michonne ****** his *** to the **** and then use a ***** to **** him and then *** out his ****** with the same ***** she used to *** **** him with? That all happens in issue #33, but to me seems a bit graphic for TV.
i hope. i sincerely hope so. that will be an epic scene.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I'm curious if TV will allow the Govenor to **** Michonne, and will Michonne ****** his *** to the **** and then use a ***** to **** him and then *** out his ****** with the same ***** she used to *** **** him with? That all happens in issue #33, but to me seems a bit graphic for TV.
The best part about this is that I'm only on Issue #17 and I still have no idea what happens!
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
The best part about this is that I'm only on Issue #17 and I still have no idea what happens!
That's because I'm an excellent writer!
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #55 (permalink)

***************************Spoiler Alert****************************

I'm not as creative as Indy, but I wanted to talk about a couple of things from the episode.

Lori - it seems like she's dead although there are rumors (rather people that are hoping) she is alive. I for one am glad she is dead. Don't get me wrong, great piece of acting but she was just a constant nag. I find it interesting how it is another change from the comics.

Governor - When Andrea asked him for his name, did he respond Phillip? Is that the same from the comics? I know there is a point where he lies (in the comics) but I just wanted to make sure I heard him correctly in the last episode.

What is everyones thoughts on Merle and the Governor? Governor really doesn't seem to want him to leave, and I know the story is off from the comics so it seems like Merle's search for Daryl will lead the Governor to the group, but do you think Merle is going to be eliminated in the process? Seems like Merle and Daryl together would be a threat to any leader.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #56 (permalink)

SPOILERS (highlight to read)

Lori should be dead. I've heard from others that Kirkman has said as much in an interview and that they couldn't just show a kid shooting his mother in the head. Now perhaps he didn't shoot her and she's still a zombie. either way, dead. In the comics she ends up being a victim of the Governor's attack on the prison, and the baby is a casualty as well. We'll have to see what they do with the baby now.

Governor answered as Philip, which is the same in the comics AND the novel. Now, in the novel we find out that the governor is actually using his brother's name after his brother AND niece were bitten and killed. The daughter should make an appearance soon as a zombie in the show. probably building it up for more suspense as well as saving that "card" for when they really want to show that he's crazy. However, his interest with that scientist guy is already foreshadowing that quite well if you've read the comics.

The black prisoner will probably be allowed to join the group. Mainly because he's going to take on T-Dogg's mantle as token black guy, but also that's what happens in the comics. However, Axel was an older white guy in the comics. As for the other prisoner- not sure where he fits. He could be the psychotic one, but the only fodder remaining for him is Hershel's younger daughter (still a possibility though). My money is on him being a rapist, trying to rape the daughter, and Carl killing him. In the comics, the psycho killed two of Hershel's younger kids, Rick and co. blame the other prisoners, and then they finally catch the guy that did it and kill him. However, the other prisoners (minus Axel) resent their actions and then try to take the prison- which we saw already.

I think Carol will start her descent into melancholy that we're familiar with in the comics. She abandoned T-Dogg, thus allowing him to be bitten. That will weigh heavily on her. We'll see what happens between her and Daryl, but I'm hoping they follow the comics on this one.

I really wish a few of the ancillary characters of the comics had been included in the show now. The twins (and to a certain extent their parents) have pretty neat storylines that I would have liked to see. Plus, that storyline in the comics is really where Carl gets his hardened edge. Looks like they'll use him having to shoot his mother as that plot tool.

Spoilers OVER

As for Merle and the Gov, i think we're starting to see the tension building there. Merle wants to go look for his brother, and the Governor doesn't want him to leave. I wonder if he wants to keep Merle under his thumb to keep his "secrets" and horrible acts isolated. He can't control what Merle says if he isn't in the town. I also think him and Daryl re-uniting might be a good thing for Rick's group and bad news for the governor.

I'm enjoying the new take on the series because I don't immediately know what's going to happen.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #57 (permalink)

btw

Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
I guess he'll get over it when the baby has Shane's curls.
LMAO

Was the guy who set off the alarm the same one Rick left for dead earlier? That would be some major karma.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
LMAO

Was the guy who set off the alarm the same one Rick left for dead earlier? That would be some major karma.
yep. it was the same guy. in the comics he never came back. Though, there was a panel with a zombie that looked a lot like him.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #60 (permalink)

I guess Hines ward was one of the zombies
Old 11-07-2012, 01:24 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
I guess Hines ward was one of the zombies
Nope that wasn't this episode. I believe he shows up in two episodes from now. It is an outdoor evening scene.
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #62 (permalink)

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #63 (permalink)

Spoiler...dont read if u havent watched tonights episode.

Just curious, is carol dead? It never showed her again after she left t-dogg, but they dug 3 graves. Also did the zombie eat loris body? Another curiosity about the 3 graves.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #64 (permalink)

they dug 3 graves, and so far T and L went down visibly. I guess with her missing they are assuming her gone, but the preview for next week possibly shows otherwise?

very confusing.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #65 (permalink)

Did anyone catch what Rick said during the previews for next week's episode?

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #66 (permalink)

Just curious, is carol dead? It never showed her again after she left t-dogg, but they dug 3 graves. Also did the zombie eat loris body? Another curiosity about the 3 graves.[/QUOTE]

Talking dead said lori is dead.. the walker with the big stomach that rick stabbed in stomach was bloated cause he ate her............

oops missed that he said carol..that i dont know.
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
Just curious, is carol dead? It never showed her again after she left t-dogg, but they dug 3 graves. Also did the zombie eat loris body? Another curiosity about the 3 graves.

Darrell put the flower on Carols grave, they buried Carol & T Dog, but not Lori as the bloated Zombie Rick went off on had eaten Lori this according to the producers on Talking Dead.

Also on Talking Dead, they talked about Rick picking up the shell from when Carl shot his mother, every day since when they shoot the actor that plays Rick has that bullet in his pocket!
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #68 (permalink)

(Spoilers Below)

They did not say Carol was dead, and in my opinion that's who is on the phone because she is trapped in another room and needs help. Also I think Michonne is going to be one of the lasting important characters to Rick and co. She has great instincts and zombie killing skills she is also very smart.

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #69 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

SPOILERS FOR BOTH SHOW AND COMIC BOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtonmark View Post
(Spoilers Below)

They did not say Carol was dead, and in my opinion that's who is on the phone because she is trapped in another room and needs help. Also I think Michonne is going to be one of the lasting important characters to Rick and co. She has great instincts and zombie killing skills she is also very smart.
In the preview, you hear Rick (or Daryl) say, "That's Carol's knife," so I think she's alive. Also, those who have read the comic know who is on the phone... !!
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
they dug 3 graves, and so far T and L went down visibly. I guess with her missing they are assuming her gone, but the preview for next week possibly shows otherwise?

very confusing.
Yep ur right. I missed that the first time I saw the preview. Darryl killed or found a dead walker that had carols knife stuck in him. I'm anxious to see what happens with the inmates and when/if Darryl and Merle reunite.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #71 (permalink)

As far as the comic goes, have they ever said exactly what it was that was released or what caused the "walker" problem?
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #72 (permalink)

SPOILERS IN WHITE

In the comics, the phone thing is a release mechanism for Rick. He talks to somebody periodically about joining their group. Eventually, he finds out it's Lori, and he keeps the phone and talks to her anyway until Carl catches him. Lori (and baby) didn't die until the group was driven away from the prison by the Governor. I would have liked to see that scene unfold, but alas we will not.

They are really jumping around a bit in the comic series.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtonmark View Post
(Spoilers Below)

It's confusing to say the least, let me start by saying I have not read the comic series.
I watched the Talking Dead again and when asked about Carol, the producer say's their are 3 graves with only one empty (Lori's) so does that mean that Carol is in one of the other graves along with T-Dog?

They are doing a great job keeping you guessing, folks who have read the comics have an idea who is on the phone, and from what I have been reading it seems to imply it's Carol!

Last edited by TASS; 11-12-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #74 (permalink)

I suggest putting your spoilers in white text to require people to highlight to read.

when you say SPOILERS BELOW, and then put a big space between that and what you say, it still shows up when somebody quotes you and somebody may accidentally see it.

just a suggestion

back to the discussion- did y'all notice that at the beginning when they did the recap they shortened Rick's "aw no". Even the producers thought it was ridiculous

Old 11-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
I suggest putting your spoilers in white text to require people to highlight to read.

when you say SPOILERS BELOW, and then put a big space between that and what you say, it still shows up when somebody quotes you and somebody may accidentally see it.

just a suggestion

back to the discussion- did y'all notice that at the beginning when they did the recap they shortened Rick's "aw no". Even the producers thought it was ridiculous
Yea, I just felt this far into the discussion if you did not realize at this point that we are talking/discussing the last episode and all it's gorey details, than you probably don't deserve the 'SPOILER ALERT'