Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
they really ruined andrea so far this series.
She was already ruined, she almost left with Shane back in S2... she is in it for herself not the group.

The whole Woodbury needs me BS is just her way of saying "im powerful over there" if she came back to Rick's group she would just be another peon
Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
She was already ruined, she almost left with Shane back in S2... she is in it for herself not the group.

The whole Woodbury needs me BS is just her way of saying "im powerful over there" if she came back to Rick's group she would just be another peon
at least with Shane she was interesting and badass.

i haven't seen her do one awesome thing this season. They've turned her into the Lori foil from season 2, "I'm behind you" "I hate you" every other moment. It wasn't cool last season, and it's not cool now. cheap way for the writers to bring out "drama".

was anybody else disappointed that Tyrese's group ended up in Woodbury? I was just bummed out a bit.

comic spoilers and theories in white:

Perhaps this is a way to get Tyrese to lose his daughter like he did in the comics. In the comics, it was a suicide pact, so i don't think that's what will happen here since she doesn't seem very romantically involved with the other guy in the group (though i can see a long-shot situation where she gets involved with that "asthmatic" kid only because he wants to end things and she decides to as well- why even introduce him otherwise?).

I think she'll die because of the governor, and Tyrese will see that the dude is pure evil and then join the main group OR die at the hands of the governor like he did in the comics. Only, him dying at the hands of the Gov. in the comics had weight, since he was already an integral part of the group. In the show, it wouldn't mean as much except to the core comic audience that knows him.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #178 (permalink)

Last nights episode was very weak as far as action, but it's building up the story. Andrea's situation: It's easy for us to want her to join Rick's group and if she had loyalty she would. But at the same time Rick's group is in shambles. She's hearing conflicting stories from the Gov and Rick's group and she really doesn't know the truth. I can see why she's conflicted, she might see joining Rick's group as suicide seeing how the Gov is building an Army.

Now with Tyrese joining the Gov I take it they're going to let them know about the back entrance into the prison through the tunnels. Hopefully Tyrese realizes the Gov is evil and ends up helping Rick's group. I'm just really glad Rick didnt' have another Lori vision. I actually laughed when he tried to leave the group and Hershel called him back. Almost a, "you can't go off and cry, you have to deal with this" moment. Looking forward to the next expisode since it seems like the action will pick up.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
Last nights episode was very weak as far as action, but it's building up the story. Andrea's situation: It's easy for us to want her to join Rick's group and if she had loyalty she would. But at the same time Rick's group is in shambles. She's hearing conflicting stories from the Gov and Rick's group and she really doesn't know the truth. I can see why she's conflicted, she might see joining Rick's group as suicide seeing how the Gov is building an Army.
Andrea has no loyalty. She doesn't know the truth of those conflicting stories because she doesn't want to know the truth. She didn't leave him after discovering the headtanks because she has it too easy. Michonne put her in her place last night, so maybe she'll start to believe the Woodbury isn't the right place for her.

US Navy - Submarine Service - January 23rd 1985 - January 31st 2009
wcbraun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcbraun View Post
Andrea has no loyalty. She doesn't know the truth of those conflicting stories because she doesn't want to know the truth. She didn't leave him after discovering the headtanks because she has it too easy. Michonne put her in her place last night, so maybe she'll start to believe the Woodbury isn't the right place for her.
True, but we need characters like Andrea. Just like Shane, they show a different way of thinking. We can all watch or read the story and say "Well I would do this. I wouldn't do that. That's not right." But the truth is we dont' know how we would act. In the event of some kind of apocalyptic catastrophe there are going to be tons of difficult decisions. Even though Andrea is annoying she's a real character facing tough choices. I think that's what makes the Walking Dead great. They really deal with human emotions and conflict not just the zombies.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
True, but we need characters like Andrea. Just like Shane, they show a different way of thinking. We can all watch or read the story and say "Well I would do this. I wouldn't do that. That's not right." But the truth is we dont' know how we would act. In the event of some kind of apocalyptic catastrophe there are going to be tons of difficult decisions. Even though Andrea is annoying she's a real character facing tough choices. I think that's what makes the Walking Dead great. They really deal with human emotions and conflict not just the zombies.

I agree with you 100%. It nice to have a show where everything is not black or white. I like grey. It adds much more character and unknown to the show. Of course, if Andrea had killed the Gov, the season would be over so we knew that wouldn't happen.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcbraun View Post
I agree with you 100%. It nice to have a show where everything is not black or white. I like grey. It adds much more character and unknown to the show. Of course, if Andrea had killed the Gov, the season would be over so we knew that wouldn't happen.
i was kind of hoping she would get closer to his throat and then he would reach up and grab her hand stopping her...

i love forced conflict in shows
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
i was kind of hoping she would get closer to his throat and then he would reach up and grab her hand stopping her...

i love forced conflict in shows
I did think he was really awake and just waiting to see what she would do.

He strikes me as the type of person who clearly wouldn't care which way she went on that situation. If she killed him, fine. If she chickened out, fine.

That's why he's such a good bad guy. He doesn't give a crap what happens. You saw the way he just stood out in the open at the prison shootout. He would be just as happy to have everything continue as to have everything end.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #184 (permalink)

I think Tyrese will see through the Gov. and will not give too much info. on the prison, however you have a split group there where the (2) guys that wanted to overtake Carl and Carol at the prison are more than willing to help out the Gov.

The split group is going to be an interesting development in Woodbury as the Gov. is going to work them hard for the 'layout' etc, and that's when Tyrese is going to figure him out and conflict will begin amongst them IMO.

Andrea has got to realize that the Gov. has been lying to her about the incident at the prison and Michonne has gotten to her where she is going to have a major impact on the inevitable war that is going to take place.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
was anybody else disappointed that Tyrese's group ended up in Woodbury? I was just bummed out a bit.

comic spoilers and theories in white:

Perhaps this is a way to get Tyrese to lose his daughter like he did in the comics. In the comics, it was a suicide pact, so i don't think that's what will happen here since she doesn't seem very romantically involved with the other guy in the group (though i can see a long-shot situation where she gets involved with that "asthmatic" kid only because he wants to end things and she decides to as well- why even introduce him otherwise?).

I think she'll die because of the governor, and Tyrese will see that the dude is pure evil and then join the main group OR die at the hands of the governor like he did in the comics. Only, him dying at the hands of the Gov. in the comics had weight, since he was already an integral part of the group. In the show, it wouldn't mean as much except to the core comic audience that knows him.
Clarka, I'm completely pissed off about this development, especially because of the importance of what happened in the comics with Tyrese.
tfunkontheradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
I think Tyrese will see through the Gov. and will not give too much info. on the prison, however you have a split group there where the (2) guys that wanted to overtake Carl and Carol at the prison are more than willing to help out the Gov.

The split group is going to be an interesting development in Woodbury as the Gov. is going to work them hard for the 'layout' etc, and that's when Tyrese is going to figure him out and conflict will begin amongst them IMO.

Andrea has got to realize that the Gov. has been lying to her about the incident at the prison and Michonne has gotten to her where she is going to have a major impact on the inevitable war that is going to take place.
I hope you are right about Tyrese. He seems like a likeable character. Andrea is just a idiot. However I do think she will realize soon the truth about the gov.
Postman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #187 (permalink)

Am I the only one that really doesn't have any problem with pretty much everything The Governor has done?? Outside of the fact that he's responsible for a lot more people I don't think he's that much different from Rick. He's obviously a bit messed up in the head but I'd think pretty much everyone is with what has gone on.

In the 3 seasons of the show he's built by far the best safe haven for civilians. He seems to treat the people inside the walls very well and its pretty darn civilized. I don't overly agree with him killing people like the National Guard people but he's really just protecting himself and his people from human threats. Just think how paranoid Rick got when confronted with new people, from Randal to the prisoners up until Tyrese and his group.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC80_LCM View Post
Am I the only one that really doesn't have any problem with pretty much everything The Governor has done?? Outside of the fact that he's responsible for a lot more people I don't think he's that much different from Rick. He's obviously a bit messed up in the head but I'd think pretty much everyone is with what has gone on.

In the 3 seasons of the show he's built by far the best safe haven for civilians. He seems to treat the people inside the walls very well and its pretty darn civilized. I don't overly agree with him killing people like the National Guard people but he's really just protecting himself and his people from human threats. Just think how paranoid Rick got when confronted with new people, from Randal to the prisoners up until Tyrese and his group.
The Gov seems bent on killing people that would challenge his "rule". Otherwise, those national guard guys would have been a huge boon to the town for security purposes. That's the difference between him and Rick, I think. Rick doesn't seem to give a #@#@#@#@ about being the leader lately, and the gov. seems hellbent on keeping his spot.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #189 (permalink)

OK - love the show but I am growing increasingly frustrated with the utter lack of regard for relating information regarding the passage of time to the viewers. Would anyone be willing to rough out a timeline from S01E01 to where we are now? As the storyline stands, are we still within a calendar year of the original outbreak (or triggering event)?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
OK - love the show but I am growing increasingly frustrated with the utter lack of regard for relating information regarding the passage of time to the viewers. Would anyone be willing to rough out a timeline from S01E01 to where we are now? As the storyline stands, are we still within a calendar year of the original outbreak (or triggering event)?
Less than a year IMO at this point. The baby is a few weeks to a month old. Lori got preggers pretty quickly in season one once A: Rick and her renewed their love, or B: her and shane worked out some end of the world love.
Either one of those happened w/in weeks of the outbreak.
I'm pretty sure they said that in S3E1 that they were split after the barn fire for the winter which lapsed about 5 months to when they got to the prison. A lot does happen in a short amount of time though.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:

How was he protecting himself from the National Guard? Watch the scene over, and what they're trying to portray. They've shown he has done it before and they've hinted at parts of his past that show he is obviously not right and the town is not for the inhabitants but his own selfish desires.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:

He didnt build Woodbury. Spoilers below so don't read if dont want to.

Philip Blake, Brian Blake, and Penny came across Woodbury. Long story short, Philip died, Penny turned, and Brian hid Penny in an apartment in Woodbury. Woodbury was ran by a power hungry national guard militia, Brian killed the leader and became "the governor". When he was asked his name, he took over his brothers name as Philip. So Penny is the governors niece, not daughter.

I'm assuming his killing of the national guard in the show is a homage to his past when he killed the national guard leader to gain control.

So he never built anything, just took it over. He's too power hungry and in my opinion trying to be as strong as his brother was. His brother was the strong leader type, so I think the governor now has let it get to his head and could careless about the people inside Woodbury, just happy to boss people around
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
Less than a year IMO at this point. The baby is a few weeks to a month old. Lori got preggers pretty quickly in season one once A: Rick and her renewed their love, or B: her and shane worked out some end of the world love.
Either one of those happened w/in weeks of the outbreak.
I'm pretty sure they said that in S3E1 that they were split after the barn fire for the winter which lapsed about 5 months to when they got to the prison. A lot does happen in a short amount of time though.
Nicely done - hat tip to you, sir!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #194 (permalink)

It's been 10 months since the outbreak give or take 2 weeks.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
He didnt build Woodbury. Spoilers below so don't read if dont want to.

Philip Blake, Brian Blake, and Penny came across Woodbury. Long story short, Philip died, Penny turned, and Brian hid Penny in an apartment in Woodbury. Woodbury was ran by a power hungry national guard militia, Brian killed the leader and became "the governor". When he was asked his name, he took over his brothers name as Philip. So Penny is the governors niece, not daughter.

I'm assuming his killing of the national guard in the show is a homage to his past when he killed the national guard leader to gain control.

So he never built anything, just took it over. He's too power hungry and in my opinion trying to be as strong as his brother was. His brother was the strong leader type, so I think the governor now has let it get to his head and could careless about the people inside Woodbury, just happy to boss people around
that is in the comic book, not the tv show. there are lots of parallels between the two, but they are not meant to be identical.

just because something occurred in the books doesnt mean thats how the shows writers want the character development to occur.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #196 (permalink)

it's actually not even in the comic book. it's in the TWD novel that came out recently.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
it's actually not even in the comic book. it's in the TWD novel that came out recently.
my apologies, i get the them all mixed up sometimes
Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
my apologies, i get the them all mixed up sometimes
hey no problem man. it's all on topic

as a side note- I didn't really enjoy the book. I felt that it was written awkwardly and they shoehorned quite a few things in (i.e. the first "development they came across after Atlanta where Donna dies) was apparently the home of the Governor before Rick's group found it. among other places.

and it was written in a weird tense that didn't sit well with me. can't remember off-hand, but it kept distracting me which caused me to have a harder time assimilating and digesting the actual story. Maybe 3rd person present or 2nd person present? i'll have to find the book and take a look again.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
hey no problem man. it's all on topic

as a side note- I didn't really enjoy the book. I felt that it was written awkwardly and they shoehorned quite a few things in (i.e. the first "development they came across after Atlanta where Donna dies) was apparently the home of the Governor before Rick's group found it. among other places.

and it was written in a weird tense that didn't sit well with me. can't remember off-hand, but it kept distracting me which caused me to have a harder time assimilating and digesting the actual story. Maybe 3rd person present or 2nd person present? i'll have to find the book and take a look again.
I enjoyed the first book that came out, the 2nd not so much, but it did give even more character development of some of the other folks we saw in the comics and even on the show:

*******more spoilers********

Pretty sure that the girl who ended up killing the gov in the comic was the same one in the 2nd book who the main story was really about, but if I heard things right, she died on the show during the latest zombie attack in woodbury.
The back story of the gov was actually pretty darn good and I think the show is doing a really good job of taking him from "oh i'm so good and innocent" to the raging maniac. Now of course they won't do or show a lot of what happened in the comic because that was just nuts - no pun intended...HA.
Lots of the questions that pop up and people who don't like the "story" have not read the comics or the books and don't understand how character development works. At least reading the comics and the books give one a better understanding of what is going on and even keeps you guessing on what is going to happen next IE: Andrea/Tyrese situations
I mean we all know what happens in the comic right around now - for us who have read - so it's nice to play the guessing game and see where kirkman goes from here
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #200 (permalink)

there's a 2nd book? i'll have to take a look. i think i got turned off after the 1st one. is it the same author?