Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Walking Dead Season 3 10-14-12

Starts tonight!!!!!!!!!

The Walking Dead Season 3 Comic-Con Trailer - YouTube

Season 3 Comic-Con Trailer: The Walking Dead - YouTube

The Walking Dead Season 3 Trailer HD - YouTube

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Don't remind me, I have dish (I live 0.9 miles off the freeway) and all cable providers except dish would not install where I live (I can not get recycling or mail either) so im stuck without AMC now, I have heard I can watch it through amazon or itunes though and I will have my sister tape them.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Been waiting since the last episode of season 2 for this day!!

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

I all ready have the DVR set for it. Have the marathon on right now
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

This was one of those starts to a season where the whole hour flew by and got left wanting more!

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
Old 10-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

Old 10-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Took me a minute to find out what had happened. RIP Owl haha.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

that owl was a strange addition. probably just thrown in to show that they're hungry enough to eat any kind of meat. But then they were going to eat cat food that illustrated that point just as well, so it was strange.

big fan of the way they started this season by making it seem like a good amount of time had passed. Allowed Carl to actually be cool like he is in the comics.

as I said in another thread, I'm really interested to see where they go with the prisoners. Can anybody tell me how many they showed in that split-second part at the end of the episode? I can't remember.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

My son saw it,then saw him walk out with it being plucked
"I dunno dad, I kinda thought the owl would become his pet" I laughed
Old 10-18-2012, 02:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

Once I saw it, I knew it was a snack...that or he wanted to f' it.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thoughts on ep 2?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Thoughts on ep 2?
Don't screw around with Rick, anymore. The sad thing is he and Shane would get along great now.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Don't screw around with Rick, anymore. The sad thing is he and Shane would get along great now.
Oddly enough I have to agree. He had to become shane to a certain extent.

Too bad Bernthal had to cancel Austin comic con. I was looking forward to getting his sig. Ill be just fine with Reedus and Rooker!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #14 (permalink)

I really liked that episode, however I do have one beef with this season so far. I think because of the complaints last season about how slow the story line was going, this season they are trying to speed through everything. In 2 episodes they have burned through quite a bit of the comic book story line. I think they need to slow it down a little bit.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #15 (permalink)

I dunno man. I think it's moving pretty well right now. Rather have it this way than what it was last season

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #16 (permalink)

I think they're moving at a great pace. This season already is moving along much faster than season 2 did.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #17 (permalink)

I thought last nights episode was great. I just have 1 question/complaint. After Hershel gets bit, they are rushed into the cafeteria by a group of zombies. They get him on the table then rush him out the same door but with only 1 zombie? Did I miss something? Was it the same door?

Aside from that great start to the season so far, but am I the only one that feels the suspense is lacking? I get it that it's moving towards how evil the living are, and that the zombies aren't going to be the main focus but I almost don't worry about the zombies now. In season 2 when the horde of zombies came down the highway and they had to hide, that was scarier than them being trapped in the jail tunnels. I think I might have been desensitized already
Old 10-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
In season 2 when the horde of zombies came down the highway and they had to hide, that was scarier than them being trapped in the jail tunnels. I think I might have been desensitized already
The thing that bothered me with that was that in season 1, they made it an issue that zombies smelled them. Thats why they had to cover up in blood and all that good stuff when they walked out of that dept store. But in that episode they only hid under the car and nothing happened. The zombies walked right past them.

Another thing i noticed was that when they went into the jail to clear it, they were all firing their weapons, including the rifles, but there was no recoil to any of the weapons. Not even the pistol that Carl was shooting (i say it because hes a child, so recoil is definately expected there). But at the end of that shootout the lady with the short hair compares to Darrel about the recoil lol She says that her shoulder was killing her from the recoil from the rifle.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyduff13 View Post
The thing that bothered me with that was that in season 1, they made it an issue that zombies smelled them. Thats why they had to cover up in blood and all that good stuff when they walked out of that dept store. But in that episode they only hid under the car and nothing happened. The zombies walked right past them.

Another thing i noticed was that when they went into the jail to clear it, they were all firing their weapons, including the rifles, but there was no recoil to any of the weapons. Not even the pistol that Carl was shooting (i say it because hes a child, so recoil is definately expected there). But at the end of that shootout the lady with the short hair compares to Darrel about the recoil lol She says that her shoulder was killing her from the recoil from the rifle.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that focuses on the trivial things lol. As for Carol, she was just trying to get some country boy action.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Whoop AMC is back on dish, I have the first two episodes set to record this week.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

there are definitely consistency issues, that's for sure. still, i'll enjoy the series just because it's TWD.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #22 (permalink)

Most shows will have plot holes and inconsistencies, and if its a popular show like this, those holes become craters of massive proportions to some lol.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:34 AM   #23 (permalink)

Anyone find ep3 a bit slow and boring? Not saying it all has to be fast paced etc but I almost turned this one off.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #24 (permalink)

Yeah, I was surprised that they focused the whole episode on the Governor. Since I hear that he's a very big character in the comic books its probably a good idea to really try to develop his character but I am surprised they used the whole episode to do it.

I am interested to see what his motivation for killing everyone is, if he's just protecting his community from others or if he has other motives.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Anyone find ep3 a bit slow and boring? Not saying it all has to be fast paced etc but I almost turned this one off.
I liked it. It's building up a lot of the story. It seems like Merle is going to play a roll in getting to Rick's group and it did a good job of forshadowing the Governor's craziness, although I'm sure some of us might end up the same if we were to face a damn zombie apocalypse. Could have used more cowbell (zombies) though. But just like I mentioned before it seems to be focusing more on the danger of human beings rather than zombies.