Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Need some serious help...

Gents and Ladies,

I have recently been let go of my job, I am 24, with a college degree and working on my Masters. I have about $6500 in current student loan repayment debt that long story short, I got hosed on by my father and had to start paying immediately. I have now resorted to selling mostly everything I own besides my computer to try and raise the funds to just pay this mess off and get it out of my life. Things I have for sale... if anyone knows how I could go about getting these things sold, and sold quickly without taking a major hit on value, I would greatly appreciate it.

-47" Samsung LED TV, 18 months old
-Xbox 360 with 3 controllers, Madden 13, NCAA Football 13, Wireless Headset
-30+ good blu ray movies and Samsung Blu Ray Player
-handfuls of IP signed baseballs and 8x10s of good players, Schmidt, Rose, Giancarlo Stanton, Carlton, Bumgarner, Ashburn (when I was 7, hate to sell, but might have too)
-Jersey collection (baseball,football,basketball)
- Fitted Hat Collection (Most hats worn once or twice)

- HUGE Tim Federowicz, Chad Cordero PCs but who cares about those guys right?

Basically, I am losing my mind over this and just want to sell everything I own besides my computer and car and just start over without this debt hanging over my head...
WoodyThaKid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

could all be sold on craigslist in a day,,,,
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I understand that, but most likely for half of what it's all worth.
WoodyThaKid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyThaKid13 View Post
I understand that, but most likely for half of what it's all worth.
50% > $0.00

Go wait tables
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about your situation, but honestly electronics won't get you most of your money invested into them. Its a gamble as a buyer to purchase used electronics and usually unless it's a deal i cannot refuse I'd personally much rather pay full price with warranty and piece of mind than a few hundred bucks off retail and worrying if the item is going to give out on me.

With that being said, I'd be interested in the blu ray player and movies can i get a price and list of movies, thanks.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

shoot me a list of all your blu rays
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I hear ya buddy I got let go from my job four months ago so I went from making 70k to 0k overnight I have sold pretty much every nice thing I own. Take what people will give you and pay that dept off is my advice. Get a little part time job so you can eat and just get by for now
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ill buy your tv if ya wanna ship it.
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

Sorry to hear, with the economy the way it is, its still tough to get jobs...

not sure if you are still at home (smartest thing I ever did) while pursuing your masters, but if you are, at elast you don't need to worry about a place to stay. $6500 in student loans isn't horrible, but I thought once you can demonstrate that you are a student again, that you can go back on hold for your repayments...maybes thats just for federally backed loans...

Sell what you can on craigslist, or forums or your friends...yes, you won't get full value, but as someone stated above, its hard to sell electronics without a warranty, unless the people know you very well.

Get a part time job if you can, and don't take this sarcastically, but take a part time job, doesn't matter what it is, I have seen too many people that lost good paying full time jobs (40-50K per year) and be looking for a full time job for a year or two, and accumulate more and more debt, but have oppurtunities to work for retail chains (whole foods, Trader Joes, Best buy) or someting, only to TURN IT DOWN, because they felt it wasn't worth it to work for only $12 an hour or the work was "beneath" them. My theory as they continue to accumulate more debt is that $12 per hour, 20 hrs per week is still better than nothing...

Hoepfully, you'll find something soon...good luck to you
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Is this a private or federal loan? If it is Federal, your payments should be based off of your income. You can update them and let them know you are currently out of work. Also, I don't know if there is one in your area but there is a work today, get paid today company in my area.

Best wishes!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

Woody,
What kind of job did you have? I am a recruiter for a large bank in your area, probably live about 10 miles away. Might be able to help you find new employment. Let me know if I can help.

All of my inventory is kept here- https://www.zistle.com/users/neckababy1
neckababy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about the change in circumstances.

As Josie said - payment plans on student loans can be income based, so you may be able to speak with them and have your payments deferred. That is not uncommon, and I would highly recommend you inquire about this immediately.

The hit on value thing sucks, but when it comes to raising $$$ quickly sometimes that is just what need to be done....like it or not...and honestly, I'd really recommend Craigslist...that has always worked well for me.

Best of luck!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

I want an X-Box.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote