Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Facebook posting?

Im 19 and like to stay in contact with my friends from when i lived in pennsylvainia so i use a facebook account.

I have seen these postings all over by people:
(Wondering what in the heck its supposed to do???)

Might as well play the safe route.
This serves as Notice to all.....You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein, including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or...any other "picture" art posted on my profile. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

For those of you who do not understand the reasoning behind this posting, Facebook is now a publicly traded entity. Unless you state otherwise, anyone can infringe on your right to privacy once you post to this site. It is recommended that you and other members post a similar notice as this, or you may copy and paste this version. If you do not post such a statement once, then you are indirectly allowing public use of items such as your photos and the information contained in your status updates.
Copy & paste, everyone

(For those who think it's a hoax...it is not! It was on the news about how FB can provide anything you have set as private on your FB account to any creditors, employers, future employers, etc)

Also selling drawings, send me a pm for any questions
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

useless text. that's like somebody saying out loud "I created this, you can't say it".

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

To assume there is anything private about Facebook, whether or not it's publicly traded, is as silly as trying to restrict the use of your yearbook picture or mugshot.

By signing up, you agree that what you post on Facebook can be used by Facebook for whatever they darn well please. Naturally, it's not in their best interest to use it in any way that brings in bad press, but to think they won't use your information for their gain is just flat out ignorant.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Silly, lazy, uninformed people......
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Twitter > Facebook
I deleted my Facebook, a while ago, because all my family members, would stalk me
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautographkid View Post
Twitter > Facebook
I deleted my Facebook, a while ago, because all my family members, would stalk me
If there was an option to "delete" my Facebook, I would. Unfortunately, you can only deactivate it with an option to reactivate by simply entering your email address and password.

Facebook is the devil, I'm convinced.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
If there was an option to "delete" my Facebook, I would. Unfortunately, you can only deactivate it with an option to reactivate by simply entering your email address and password.

Facebook is the devil, I'm convinced.
It's more like people are stupid with the data they give them thinking it's private.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Read an article trending today about two people who joined something called the Queer Choir which was then posted on their Facebook, which then informed their families that they were gay.

So now, they are angry at Facebook. LOL.

Facebook Privacy Settings Lead To The Outing Of Sensitive Secrets - AllFacebook
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

I figured it was what everyone posted here. Only reason I still have Facebook is to keep contact with my old friends, otherwise it's be gone haha

Also selling drawings, send me a pm for any questions
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote