Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Ghost stories

Anybody have any "ghost" stories that they have experienced? I don't necessarily believe in ghosts but I like to entertain the fact that they might be real. When I was in high school we used to drive around to spots that were supposedly haunted but never actually seen a ghost.

I now live in an old farm house from the 1800's, and right next to it there what used to be a slaughterhouse that is vacant. I have been here about 4 years now and have experienced some things that I haven't been able to explain. When I first moved in it was me, 3 guys and one of the guys gf's living here. One night it was just me and one of my roommates in the house. My bedroom is on the first floor and the other 3 or on the second floor. Well me and the other roommate were in the living room watching tv, he went to bed and shortly after I did as well. About an hour after I went to bed I heard someone come down stairs and then opening and closing the cabinets in the kitchen. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but the next day I asked him if he got a case of the munchies after going to bed. He said he passed out almost instantly after going upstairs. I was a little freaked out by it but just shrugged it off. Another night everyone was home and we were all in the living room watching tv. The girl that used to live here was a big fan of the show Paranormal Activities, and she would make us watch it when it was on. The particular episode they were investigating a place that was haunted by a ghost named Emily. They asked a question "Emily if you are here please make your presence known" I sh!t u not as soon as they said that the power in our house went out. It was a clear night with no storm or anything. Coincidence? More than likely but from there on out whenever something would happen we would just say oh it's just Emily. Another time my one roommate was taking a shower and there is a bedroom directly across the hall from the bathroom. The bedroom at this point was vacant. The door to the bedroom makes a very distinct sound. My roommate swears that he heard the door open and close and came out of the shower to check and there was no one in the room nor in the house. The final story was the creepiest and hardest to explain. Again we were sitting in the living room, it was me my roommate and his ex. Our living room is kinected to the kitchen, which is on the second floor, at least 15 feet from the ground. Well we heard what sounded like someone knocking on the window. It was a quick 3 taps like someone knocking on the door. Again it's over 15 feet off the ground and there are no trees or anything by the window that could have caused it
ckelly1983pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

1. Where I live now, my wife claims that she has heard a voice whispering in her ear on a few occasions in the middle of the night. Each time she thought it was me looking to get busy, but I was fast asleep each time. On another night, she felt something touching her foot, but again I wasn't near her foot and I was knocked out next to her on the other side of the bed.
2. After my dad died quite some time ago, a few days after he passed, and I'd swear this on a stack of religious texts of your choosing, I saw him come down the stairs and looked over at everyone who was sitting on the sofa and just kind of faded away back up the staircase.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Creepy stuff. I only have one story.

I was at my grandparents lake house in Michigan a couple years ago for a week or so during the 4th of July. Anyways, it was about 2 A.M. and I woke up to go to the bathroom. Everyone in the house (grandparents, cousins, and my aunt) were all asleep. I walked into the bathroom, did my business, and when I walked out there was what appeared to be a young lady in a white dress standing and staring at me. I ran into the room I was sleeping in and woke my cousin up. That was the last time I stayed at their house.

PC: Jemile Weeks
Sqeeshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

We own some hunting land in Warrens, WI (cranberry Capitol lol and at night I would always walk out to the road and shine my flashlight down the road to see if we see any wildlife crossing the road. This road is fairly long and very straight and you can see pretty far down the way. Well this one time my cousin and I walked to the road and took a look. At first we didn't see anything to the right so we then looked to the left and then right as we were walking back a man on a bicycle was suddenly right in front of us. No bike lights, no anything. I turned to ask her if she saw that idiot with no lights or anything and when I shined my light to see him one last time and he was gone. I still get chills today just thinking about it.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly1983pa View Post
Anybody have any "ghost" stories that they have experienced? I don't necessarily believe in ghosts but I like to entertain the fact that they might be real. When I was in high school we used to drive around to spots that were supposedly haunted but never actually seen a ghost.

I now live in an old farm house from the 1800's, and right next to it there what used to be a slaughterhouse that is vacant. I have been here about 4 years now and have experienced some things that I haven't been able to explain. When I first moved in it was me, 3 guys and one of the guys gf's living here. One night it was just me and one of my roommates in the house. My bedroom is on the first floor and the other 3 or on the second floor. Well me and the other roommate were in the living room watching tv, he went to bed and shortly after I did as well. About an hour after I went to bed I heard someone come down stairs and then opening and closing the cabinets in the kitchen. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but the next day I asked him if he got a case of the munchies after going to bed. He said he passed out almost instantly after going upstairs. I was a little freaked out by it but just shrugged it off. Another night everyone was home and we were all in the living room watching tv. The girl that used to live here was a big fan of the show Paranormal Activities, and she would make us watch it when it was on. The particular episode they were investigating a place that was haunted by a ghost named Emily. They asked a question "Emily if you are here please make your presence known" I sh!t u not as soon as they said that the power in our house went out. It was a clear night with no storm or anything. Coincidence? More than likely but from there on out whenever something would happen we would just say oh it's just Emily. Another time my one roommate was taking a shower and there is a bedroom directly across the hall from the bathroom. The bedroom at this point was vacant. The door to the bedroom makes a very distinct sound. My roommate swears that he heard the door open and close and came out of the shower to check and there was no one in the room nor in the house. The final story was the creepiest and hardest to explain. Again we were sitting in the living room, it was me my roommate and his ex. Our living room is kinected to the kitchen, which is on the second floor, at least 15 feet from the ground. Well we heard what sounded like someone knocking on the window. It was a quick 3 taps like someone knocking on the door. Again it's over 15 feet off the ground and there are no trees or anything by the window that could have caused it
A bird? Humming bird? Seems likely.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Some good stories so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlaxmn View Post
A bird? Humming bird? Seems likely.
We went outside and looked there was nothing on the ground or anything so it wasn't a bird that flew into the window or anything. Unless it was just stunned and flew away before we got outside. Again I am a skeptic so that would be the likeliest case
ckelly1983pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote