Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default This is really random and possibly a waste of time, but...

So my username is in reference to a fake band my friends and I made up in middle school (late 90's). Spastic Moose was the most random thing we could come up with, and we changed the c and e to k and s because all the cool bands were doing it (Korn was huge at the time).

Anywho, that was all well and good and random, but tonight I searched Spastic Moose on google because I was curious to see what kind of hits would come up for the words spelled correctly in that order.

Low and behold, there was a band called Spastic Moose that made a whole ton of songs, apparently in the mid to late 90's. All locations I find for the band put them nowhere near where I grew up - what are the chances that two different groups of people thought of the same band name (albeit with different spellings) at about the same time? So weird, but kind of awesome too.

If you want to listen to any of their stuff, it can be found here - http://mp3.tom7.org/spastic-moose/ Lots of bleeps and bloops.

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lol that's awesome

Me and some buddies were gonna start a band back in 03. We played a lot of poker so we named ourselves "Behind the blind". Only problem was none of us knew how to play any instruments or sing lol
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Haha we were exactly the same way - I played viola and a friend of mine had played drums for 2 weeks 2 years before, and we figured that was a better start than nothing. Nothing came of that lineup but one friend who was sort of in the fake band and actually ended up becoming a musician had a Spastik Mooss jam session our junior or senior year of high school with some other friends. So for one night only it kind of really was a thing. I missed it though because I had lacrosse practice.

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote