Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 19,090
Default Cheap nickle and dimers are fun...

So the Mrs and I got all our running around and chores done by 2PM yesterday. I asked he is she wanted to go grab some lunch.

We go to a local wing place that runs a 1/2 price offer during all Patriots games. We got there about 2:30. So about 2:45 this group of 5 comes in and sits in the booth directly to out left.

They order drinks and an order of nachos. Well their nachos come out before our food because there is no time in making them.

So we eat and the waitress is bringing over the check. I ask her if they are just waiting for the game to start so they can order wings.

She said yes...they do this every week. They drink bottomless soda, get 1 appetizer to split and then order the wings just as the game starts. They order 1 bucket of 25 bone in wings. They save a TOTAL of $12 and are in the wing joint for at least 3 hours a week. All for $2.40 a person in "savings"
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,963
Default

Come on man. Do you realize how many soda cans they have to turn in just to be able to go this one day a week? Let em enjoy it right now before they go back to garbage picking.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
FavresReturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hamilton, OH
Posts: 2,420
Default

Pssshhh poor people.. pathetic
__________________
Buhkit lynk: http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa342/Favresreturn/

Define "irony": a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane, to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash -Garland Greene
FavresReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
avjp87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 11,055
Send a message via AIM to avjp87
Default

i'd appreciate it if you didn't make fun of my relatives in public you ingrate.
__________________
Ray27Ray52:
"53% constitutes a majority? Good to know."
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

Did you happen to see IMac in there with his sister?
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
JosieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,278
Default

Did she happen to say if they at least compensate her with a nice sized tip?
__________________
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; #TEAMCONNOR, Mental Health Awareness, St. Jude's Children's Hospital
"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour." ~Author Unknown
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Did she happen to say if they at least compensate her with a nice sized tip?
this. I did this with my buddies while in college. However, we always made sure to tip our servers big for putting up with us for such a long time.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (custom)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 19,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Did she happen to say if they at least compensate her with a nice sized tip?

She called them 10%'ers
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
XL5
Member
 
XL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,434
Default

It's probably a ritual for them and some people get off on "working the system." It gets them in the door which I'm sure is the idea of the promotion. I'm not sure why it's a big deal. Do you have a stake in the restaurant that this is a problem for you?
__________________
Want: 2010 Allen & Ginter N43 relics of Pujols, Markakis, Howard. Want: Konerko high-end, looking for any Konerko 2012 Topps S1 1/1s
My buckets: https://sites.google.com/site/xl5inventory/ My shipping: DC and mailed next business day. My LCSs: Elite Sports Cards, Chicago; Tim's Baseball Card Shop, Chicago
XL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 19,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
It's probably a ritual for them and some people get off on "working the system." It gets them in the door which I'm sure is the idea of the promotion. I'm not sure why it's a big deal. Do you have a stake in the restaurant that this is a problem for you?

It's not a "big deal" or "problem". It's an observation.

There is more to life. to me, than sitting on a restaurant for 3+ hours to save $2.40.

Heck my father in law will shop at 2 super markets because an item is 10 cents cheaper at one of them. Then he complains if I pick up the tab when we go out. He gets pissed when I won't let him pay half.

I find these things funny.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 36,849
Default

Punks!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ManInTheMirror; 10-22-2012 at 01:50 PM.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
lemur01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
She called them 10%'ers
Dats funny right there.

Went to Sunday dinner with the whole family one time. My brother in-laws family(wife's sister's husband's people) shows up. There is like 20 of them. They are inbred. They hoop and holler the whole meal, and just act like fools. After the meal, I leave a nice tip, because it took 4 of them to serve us. I'm walking by the inbred side of the table, and I see a small pile of change. Needless to say, I get to leave their part of the tip also.

Never again.
__________________
Pull my Finger Have you been Lemur'd today?

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
XL5
Member
 
XL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
It's not a "big deal" or "problem". It's an observation.

There is more to life. to me, than sitting on a restaurant for 3+ hours to save $2.40.

Heck my father in law will shop at 2 super markets because an item is 10 cents cheaper at one of them. Then he complains if I pick up the tab when we go out. He gets pissed when I won't let him pay half.

I find these things funny.
They're there to watch the game. Game is 3+ hours. They sit there to watch the game, not to save $2.40. Shrug, I guess I don't why it's noteworthy. People do it all the time. Hell, I used to spend 8 hours on Sundays in bars watching football. Great times. Of course those were some expensive days.
__________________
Want: 2010 Allen & Ginter N43 relics of Pujols, Markakis, Howard. Want: Konerko high-end, looking for any Konerko 2012 Topps S1 1/1s
My buckets: https://sites.google.com/site/xl5inventory/ My shipping: DC and mailed next business day. My LCSs: Elite Sports Cards, Chicago; Tim's Baseball Card Shop, Chicago
XL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
jimssouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 5,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Dats funny right there.

Went to Sunday dinner with the whole family one time. My brother in-laws family(wife's sister's husband's people) shows up. There is like 20 of them. They are inbred. They hoop and holler the whole meal, and just act like fools. After the meal, I leave a nice tip, because it took 4 of them to serve us. I'm walking by the inbred side of the table, and I see a small pile of change. Needless to say, I get to leave their part of the tip also.

Never again.
I am a classic 25%'er, but I've noticed that a lot of the women my girlfriend is friends with are extremely poor tippers. As in, leave $1 no matter how much food / drinks you get. Whenever I'm with this people, I feel obligated to tip more because I don't want to be associated with them when I return to the establishment. What is wrong with me / us?
__________________
Theme of the Night: Song Lyrics
jimssouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 19,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
They're there to watch the game. Game is 3+ hours. They sit there to watch the game, not to save $2.40. Shrug, I guess I don't why it's noteworthy. People do it all the time. Hell, I used to spend 8 hours on Sundays in bars watching football. Great times. Of course those were some expensive days.

No they are there for the discounted food. They are there 90 minutes before the game starts. The order the wings when the game starts. When they are finished I would assume they leave because they were the only table with a TV NOT turned to Football while we were there. Of course they do leave a whopping 10%.

While I do not like to assume I will make the assumption and I will go in next weekend and ask the waitress.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Oilngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 6,024
Default

I went to Wing Nuts a few months ago and had this same situation. There were like twelve of them, they were there for four hours and only got wings and soda. The waitress said they come in for every soccer game for RSL. She said they never tip and they are loud and piss off customers. I was at the bar and they drove me absolutely crazy.
__________________
Utah Jazz,St. Louis RamsCalifornia Angels
IF WE ARE TRADING, YOU'RE SENDING FIRST.
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd464/Oilngo/
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 19,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
I am a classic 25%'er, but I've noticed that a lot of the women my girlfriend is friends with are extremely poor tippers. As in, leave $1 no matter how much food / drinks you get. Whenever I'm with this people, I feel obligated to tip more because I don't want to be associated with them when I return to the establishment. What is wrong with me / us?
I have an uncle who is a pr!ck.
My folks, my aunt, uncle and 2 others went out to dinner/drinks one night. My uncle was paying.

The food side was closing and the server asked if she could tally and cash out the order. He pissed and moaned and agreed and the other 5 went to the bar side and he satayed behind to pay the bill.

He walks in and the server comes in 10 seconds later and throws the DIME tip he left her and screamed YOU NEED THIS MORE THAN I DO.

My mom was so embarassed she went over and aksed the girl what the total was and tipped her.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.