Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
hog
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,890
Question Am I missing something here?

Hey guys this is my last thread for a while but here is what I have a problem with.

Why do people question other people how they get the things they have?
Like example.

How do you afford those kind of cards?
How did you get those kind of cards.
How did you get the nice things you have?

I guess I just cant stand it because I have been raised not to do that and two other reasons.

1. My brother would smack me.
2. My uncle would come all the way from where he lives and smack me to a place I dont want to be and not wake up for a while.

If I am missing something here please let me know.

Just had to get that out of my system.

And by the way happy Labor day guys I am having wings today and that makes me happy because I love wings. Dont you?

Last edited by hog; 09-07-2009 at 02:41 PM.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Brad68to96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 2,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
How did you get those kind of kinds.
I would also like to know the answer to this one.
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
hog
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,890
Default

Sorry for that I just got so mad.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,155
Default

Do not take it too personally as there have been so many scam artists out there on Blowout Boards, Ebay, etc. that it is hard to trust anybody.

Enjoy your Holiday Chicken Wings.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Teambo1634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,413
Default

I remember in past post you saying money was tight. So tight your mom could not even drive you any where. Instead of wasting money on football, save. Maybe give some to your mom to help out if you have so much you can keep buying cards and going to other states to watch a game.
Teambo1634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
hog
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,890
Default

I am saving my money by mowing and from the cards I sell. My mom got most of my money from the Jordan I sold because things were tight so I help out. And me going to a diffrent state and going to a football game is something that I would like to do and I will do everything from mowing to anything else people ask me to do. And by the way my mom is the one that got me into collecting sports cards and she wants me to get the nice cards I would like to have in my collection.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Teambo1634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,413
Default

Than man up, say no to the football game. stop buying so many cards. I know your just a little kid, but you got to be the man of the house. When i was in high school i worked at McDonalds. Raised by a single mom all but $20 a week went to her to help. The rest paid for my school lunches and gas. Just because you want something dose not make it a priority.
Teambo1634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
hog
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,890
Default

Ok I am not trying to be a butt but come on man.

1. I work for my money.
2. I dont have a job yet because I am not old enough.
3. I help my mom out when ever she ask.
4. My mom is a single parent also.
5. She does not want me to stop buying cards becuase she likes it a much as I do.
6. I will try my best to go to the game.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 1,091
Default

Aren't you 14/15? Isn't that old enough to get a job?
__________________
Proud fan of all teams from Indiana
bigbluecolt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Teambo1634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,413
Default

how old are you really hog. Nothing adds up in all your stories.
Teambo1634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
rudyjustinfarrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,995
Default

I think that it is just curiosity that makes people ask certain things. You have to admit, there are a lot of nice cards on here and some people that live in smaller areas or that do not have access to a larger collector fan base might wonder "How in the heck did he/she find that card?". As a member of the forum you have the right to ask, but you also give other people the right to judge you on what you ask, how you ask it, or even at times how you give an answer. Poor manners? maybe, just depends how you were brought up.
rudyjustinfarrell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
hog
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,890
Default

My story does add up and my age will not come out I am old enough and I am going to be able to get a job next year.

I am not going to explain my self because I dont have to.
Time for some football.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
My story does add up and my age will not come out I am old enough and I am going to be able to get a job next year.

I am not going to explain my self because I dont have to.
Time for some football.
i think it's tome for studying.......... don't you?

notice how Football isn't mentioned once in the link...

Study skills - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,284
Default

Stop feeding the troll people....
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 1,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
My story does add up and my age will not come out I am old enough and I am going to be able to get a job next year.

I am not going to explain my self because I dont have to.
Time for some football.
You say your not old enough to have a job. And here you say next year you can have a job. Doesn't that make you only 13? If so, then your other stories of you being held back can't be true, as most 13 year olds are either in 7th or 8th grade right now...
__________________
Proud fan of all teams from Indiana
bigbluecolt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
hog
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,890
Default

I am older than 13 that is all I will say.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
papajim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
Hey guys this is my last thread for a while but here is what I have a problem with.

Why do people question other people how they get the things they have?
Like example.

How do you afford those kind of cards?
How did you get those kind of cards.
How did you get the nice things you have?



If I am missing something here please let me know.

Just had to get that out of my system.

And by the way happy Labor day guys I am having wings today and that makes me happy because I love wings. Dont you?
I can afford the cards because: I"M RICH
I get the cards from people selling them
I get the nice things I have from: My wife saying, "look what WE bought today"

Your last thread for awhile, don't think so

What your missing: You ask these questions just knowing where they will end up

I'm BBQing ribs & steak Why, because I'm rich!

How: The guy at the store sold them to my WIFE!!!

Happy holiday
__________________
LOOKING FOR EDDIE ROYAL MAYO RED INK AUTOS
papajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Teambo1634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,413
Default

than your old enough to get a job, If that's true. Definitely a troll that just likes to get attention.
Teambo1634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Teambo1634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,413
Default

I get a private message from hog saying. he is not old enough to get a job yet. But am close

so this would make him 13, like i said. Not adding up man
Teambo1634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
deboesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PITTSBURGH BABY!
Posts: 5,356
Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajim View Post
I can afford the cards because: I"M RICH
I get the cards from people selling them
I get the nice things I have from: My wife saying, "look what WE bought today"

Your last thread for awhile, don't think so

What your missing: You ask these questions just knowing where they will end up

I'm BBQing ribs & steak Why, because I'm rich!

How: The guy at the store sold them to my WIFE!!!

Happy holiday
priceless
__________________
"BUCTOBER"
deboesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
caltek3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: victorville, CA
Posts: 1,490
Default

in california you have to be 16 to get a job...im not sure about other states..
__________________
rip papajim
caltek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Teambo1634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,413
Default

In Tennessee its 14.
Teambo1634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Teambo1634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,413
Default

From the Tennessee gov web site

What is the age a child can go to work? Are there any restrictions?

In Tennessee, a minor must be 14 years of age before they can work. Some of the restrictions for 14 and 15-year-old minors are:

WHEN SCHOOL IS IN SESSION:
Can work no more than 3 hours per day
Can work no more than 18 hours a week
Can work no later than 7:00 p.m.

WHEN SCHOOL IS NOT IN SESSION:
Can work no more than 8 hours a day
Can work no more than 40 hours per week
Can work no later than 9:00 p.m.
Teambo1634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
caltek3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: victorville, CA
Posts: 1,490
Default

so hog is either 13 and lying about being held back 2 years or is lying about not being able to get a job yet.
__________________
rip papajim
caltek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,147
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

How do you afford those kind of cards? trying to do more with cash, but for years have abused the credit issued to me. But I busted my butt and did a 4 (typically 5 yr) degree in 3.5 years, and with my college education (along with my wife) we've been able to earn pretty decent salaries

How did you get those kind of cards. Most of my PC has been through boxes/cases I've bought and/or through members of this forum, and of course Ebay ...all of course thanks for a weak mind

How did you get the nice things you have? All of the above. But it depends on what you consider nice and where your priorities are. I'm very quickly coming to the reality that I'm spending 20-30K a year on cards, while I'm letting my retirement slip (right now is a great time to buy) and I really need to be working on giving my wife some $$ security, which may help with our whole trying to get a family started. But I have 120K+ miles on my truck, my house could use more work that I've put into it and I just bought a new (used) boat. At 31 I should be grown up more than I am, but very few people take the straight road. I like to think at this point in my life, I'm on a dirt road, and my gravel road just seems to have a few very nice scenic tours

As for Wings, they're ok. BW3 for me, but I'll take a grilled chicken breast just about any day. Today I made a pizza, and tonight may very well be a free for all as I've got goose on the stove, but with my hunting trip starting tomorrow, I've got Pheasant Chili to Tomorrow night, and we'll be eating Pulled Goose for dinner on Wednesday night.
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.