Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Top Droid Apps? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/387189-top-droid-apps.html)

CardCollector 10-22-2012 01:15 PM

Top Droid Apps?

Got a Samsung galaxy S3 a few weeks back and always trying to find new apps that people recommend. Anyone got any good ones, preferably free?

Nodie27 10-22-2012 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=CardCollector;3516265]Got a Samsung galaxy S3 a few weeks back and always trying to find new apps that people recommend. Anyone got any good ones, preferably free?[/QUOTE]

What are you looking for? Games? I have the Easy Battery Saver app, Where's My Driod, Zedge, Calorie Counter, Ebay, Yelp, FB, Twitter, Mapmyrun+, ESPN, Yahoo Fantasy Football...actually it's basically a ton of sports apps and games but all of those are free.

tajikey 10-22-2012 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=Nodie27;3516316]What are you looking for? Games? I have the Easy Battery Saver app, Where's My Driod, Zedge, Calorie Counter, Ebay, Yelp, FB, Twitter, Mapmyrun+, ESPN, Yahoo Fantasy Football...actually it's basically a ton of sports apps and games but all of those are free.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the battery app suggestion :)!

I'm with Nodie. I don't do a lot of gaming on my phone, so I mainly have productivitiy apps installed. UStream, Speed Test, Easy Battery (New!), Flashlight, eBay, PayPal, Pandora, ESPN Scorecenter, Yahoo FF, DirecTV (regular app and Sunday Ticket), ESPN Radio (garbage), myAT&T, BofA, Starbucks, Amazon, RunDouble, Bible, Photobucket, Shopkick, At Bat Lite, and StopWatch.

Nodie27 10-22-2012 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=tajikey;3516356]Thanks for the battery app suggestion :)!

I'm with Nodie. I don't do a lot of gaming on my phone, so I mainly have productivitiy apps installed. UStream, Speed Test, Easy Battery (New!), [B]Flashlight[/B], eBay, PayPal, Pandora, ESPN Scorecenter, Yahoo FF, DirecTV (regular app and Sunday Ticket), ESPN Radio (garbage), myAT&T, BofA, Starbucks, Amazon, RunDouble, Bible, Photobucket, Shopkick, At Bat Lite, and StopWatch.[/QUOTE]

No problem!

To the OP, be careful when getting the free apps. Be sure to check the reviews. I got a Flashlight app (don't remember which one) and it changed my homepage. I have heard that some of the free apps are being made just to get some of your information.

jbellis74 10-22-2012 01:46 PM

I set my home screen up for one touch icons for important people so I dont have to go through the phone book.

[B]I am sure this one will be used to here you go[/B]
[B]Long press on a blank area of the home screen and tap "add to home screen" on the menu that comes up. Then click on "apps." Then tap on "Widgets" at the top of the screen. Scroll through the pages of widgets until you find the contact/direct dial/direct message widgets, long press on them and drag and drop it on your home screen[/B]

You can use this to load your facebook feed as well

Vault is a good app for keeping photos locked from others accidently seeing them lol...:devil:

Tunee Music Downloader is pretty cool allows you to download songs to your phone for free

Flipboard gets you all your news in one place

Dropbox because its just awesome lol

Bought HD Wigets for like $3.00

Google Play Music is amazing switching from Itunes - It allows me to sync up to 20,000 songs to their cloud for free

NFL Mobile Self explanatory lol

Nodie27 10-22-2012 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=jbellis74;3516398]I set my home screen up for one touch icons for important people so I dont have to go through the phone book.

[B]Vault is a good app for keeping photos locked from others accidently seeing them lol...:devil:[/B]

Tunee Music Downloader is pretty cool allows you to download songs to your phone for free

Flipboard gets you all your news in one place

Dropbox because its just awesome lol

Bought HD Wigets for like $3.00

Google Play Music is amazing switching from Itunes - It allows me to sync up to 20,000 songs to their cloud for free

NFL Mobile Self explanatory lol[/QUOTE]

Just wondering but does Vault work with videos as well? :devil:

XL5 10-22-2012 01:50 PM

[URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.latedroid.juicedefender&feature=search_result#?t=W10."]Juice Defender[/URL] for battery life.

[URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bamnetworks.mobile.android.gameday.atbat2012.full&hl=en"]At Bat 12 (MLB).[/URL]

jbellis74 10-22-2012 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=Nodie27;3516403]Just wondering but does Vault work with videos as well? :devil:[/QUOTE]

It should work lol

Nodie27 10-22-2012 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=jbellis74;3516425]It should work lol[/QUOTE]

Great! I dont' want people to see all of my cat videos :p

tajikey 10-22-2012 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=Nodie27;3516468]Great! I dont' want people to see all of my "cat" videos :p[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you!

ajscards101 10-22-2012 02:30 PM

Warning: The eBay app can get very addicting :)!

LBSB333 10-22-2012 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=ajscards101;3516622]Warning: The eBay app can get very addicting :)![/QUOTE]

Ugh....this is the truth....but very handy app!

HD Widgets is a great app to buy.

If you are into making to-do lists, checklists, etc, get Evernote. You can download an app on your computer and sync up lists.

For games, I'm a big fan of Temple Run, Cut the Rope and Angry Birds.

The Google+ app is also great. It can automatically upload your pictures to your account, but it won't post them publicly. It's great for backing up pics. And for other Google apps, you definitely need to check out the Maps app. I really like the Chrome browser for Android too. If you use Chrome on your computer, it can sync up pages viewed.

If you need any recommendations for kids apps let me know. I have a bunch of different games and books downloaded on my phone that my 4 year old uses.

Forgot one more thing...if you haven't downloaded the Amazon App Store yet do it! They have a free app of the day. It's hit and miss on the quality but it's free. Sometimes they have sales on apps, too.

CardCollector 10-22-2012 04:20 PM

downloaded quite a few of these, thanks guys!

iBLeeDBaTTLeReD 10-22-2012 04:36 PM

Too lazy to Read all posted apps, here's what i have on my Android phone

Chase mobile
Paypal app
Ebay app
Capital One app
Brightest Flashlight
Craigslist mobile
Data toggle widget- good if you don't have unlimited data in your plan. Although i think the SG3 already comes with a data widget
Droid forums app
ESPN FFL app
Texans mobile app
Cool wallpapers app
Cut the rope
Photobucket app
Google chrome browser
Xbox live app
Epic fail app
Ustream app
Pandora
Netflix

teebs 10-23-2012 06:29 AM

[QUOTE=LBSB333;3516700]Ugh....this is the truth....but very handy app!

HD Widgets is a great app to buy.

If you are into making to-do lists, checklists, etc, get Evernote. You can download an app on your computer and sync up lists.

For games, I'm a big fan of Temple Run, Cut the Rope and Angry Birds.

The Google+ app is also great. It can automatically upload your pictures to your account, but it won't post them publicly. It's great for backing up pics. And for other Google apps, you definitely need to check out the Maps app. I really like the Chrome browser for Android too. If you use Chrome on your computer, it can sync up pages viewed.

If you need any recommendations for kids apps let me know. I have a bunch of different games and books downloaded on my phone that my 4 year old uses.

Forgot one more thing...if you haven't downloaded the Amazon App Store yet do it! They have a free app of the day. It's hit and miss on the quality but it's free. Sometimes they have sales on apps, too.[/QUOTE]

Interested in the kids apps.

clarkzac 10-23-2012 10:10 AM

If you ever need some time to kill, ifunny is pretty good.

ManInTheMirror 10-23-2012 10:15 AM

Shazam is awesome to have for when you want to know a song playing. But I have stumped it just a few times.

iheartradio is awesome as well and a saver for work I listen to the Bobby Bones show.

Thanks guys for those battery saving apps never even knew they existed. Helps out alot.

ajscards101 10-23-2012 10:53 AM

I just checked, the best flashlight app is DroidLight. Doesn't change your home screen in any way at all, and it works pretty well (Especially during blackouts)

iBLeeDBaTTLeReD 10-23-2012 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=ajscards101;3521815]I just checked, the best flashlight app is DroidLight. Doesn't change your home screen in any way at all, and it works pretty well (Especially during blackouts)[/QUOTE]

That's good if your phone has flash LED for the camera, if it doesn't brightest flashlight app is the way to go. You can also toggle settings to use either the LED flash bulb or your phones screen if you don't have flash.

LBSB333 10-25-2012 06:50 AM

[QUOTE=teebs;3521337]Interested in the kids apps.[/QUOTE]

Oceanhouse Media makes a bunch of great book apps. They have stories from Dr. Seuss, Mercy Mayer, Berenstain Bears and other classics. My kid loves these apps because the stories are narrated, and the images in the background are interactive. Loud Crow Interactive also makes apps for books from the Sandra Boyton series and Charlie Brown.

For games, my daughter loves games made by Intellijoy. They have free versions for most of their apps, so you can try them out and see which ones your kid likes. She really likes the Connect the Dots and ABC games. Another good company is Tiptap. They have a coloring book app called "Color & Draw" that she loves. I also have a couple of flashcard apps from them that my son likes to use.

Every so often Google will have some good sales for these apps. But I've noticed that on or near a major holiday, Amazon's Free App of the Day is a kid's book.

Nodie27 10-25-2012 12:54 PM

[QUOTE=jbellis74;3516425]It should work lol[/QUOTE]

It works! Is Bangbros still around? Membership, engaged :devil: