Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Genius Mistakes Heartburn for Heart Issues

So early in the evening he felt this sharp pain in his upper chest like he'd never felt before. After the pain kept up on and off for a few hours he finally checked into the doctor where he was re-routed to the ER (the acute care center was just closing down anyway). A few tests later it was found his heart was fine, most likely just heartburn.

That "genius" was me.

The pain is still on and off but have taken some meds to hopefully get rid of it.

I've had issues for years related to acid reflux but that always resulted in abdominal pain so this was new to me.

Why they call it heartburn if it doesn't affect your heart is beyond me.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Same horrible heartburn / GERD used to happen to me. Really cleaned my diet up since then. Just remember, if it's really a heart attack, you're probably not going to be ignoring the signs.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
Really cleaned my diet up since then.
the pain started when I was stopping to get some dinner. I actually threw the meal out when I got home (it was Generals' Chicken, one of my guilty pleasures).

Something I really need to start taking seriously. I've made attempts in the past but always came back to my old ways (minus giving up soda).

I'm far from morbidly obese but overweight enough to know I have a problem and stuff like this is probably my own fault.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

it happens a lot.

key thing is to look for additional symptoms to go along with the pain. shortness of breath, dizzyness, radiating pain in your shoulders, etc.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
key thing is to look for additional symptoms to go along with the pain. shortness of breath, dizzyness, radiating pain in your shoulders, etc.
I had none of those which was a good thing but like I said I was so unfamiliar with the chest pains so I had it looked at.

At least I know for the future.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
So early in the evening he felt this sharp pain in his upper chest like he'd never felt before. After the pain kept up on and off for a few hours he finally checked into the doctor where he was re-routed to the ER (the acute care center was just closing down anyway). A few tests later it was found his heart was fine, most likely just heartburn.

That "genius" was me.

The pain is still on and off but have taken some meds to hopefully get rid of it.

I've had issues for years related to acid reflux but that always resulted in abdominal pain so this was new to me.

Hmmm gallbladder possibly!? A few years back i was experiencing these terrible chest pains with lots of acid reflux and heartburn...well after getting the run around for over a year knowing it was my gallbladder it then got so infected and fat it started to press up against my liver causing jaundice making me yellow like this ---> .I became really sick to the point i had to go back into the ER once again hoping to finally get some results.Doctors said i was most likely a month from become deathly ill.Finally a gallstone appeared aswell as proof of my gallbladder pressing into my liver they then decided to go through with surgery to remove it.Probably the worst few years of my life was dealing with how it made me feel.I hope you can soon get answers but you may want to consider the gallbladder?
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Hmmm gallbladder possibly!? A few years back i was experiencing these terrible chest pains with lots of acid reflux and heartburn...well after getting the run around for over a year knowing it was my gallbladder it then got so infected and fat it started to press up against my liver causing jaundice making me yellow like this ---> .I became really sick to the point i had to go back into the ER once again hoping to finally get some results.Doctors said i was most likely a month from become deathly ill.Finally a gallstone appeared aswell as proof of my gallbladder pressing into my liver they then decided to go through with surgery to remove it.Probably the worst few years of my life was dealing with how it made me feel.I hope you can soon get answers but you may want to consider the gallbladder?
I'll keep that in mind if the pain persists or comes back in the future.

Most of the tests were heart-related. EKG, chest x-rays, stuff like that.

I've had stomach x-rays in the past for the acid reflux but didn't tonight.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'll keep that in mind if the pain persists or comes back in the future.

Most of the tests were heart-related. EKG, chest x-rays, stuff like that.

I've had stomach x-rays in the past for the acid reflux but didn't tonight.
Yeah man I would for sure I remember my first "attack" (they call them gallbladder attacks) fealt like i was having a mild heart attack and the pain dropped me to my knees and shot right through to my back.I went to the ER knowing nothing and explaining to them every detail and they ran the same tests on me and all came up showing nothing.It took over 2 years for the issue to get worse but with that it finally provided the proof i needed for them to get a result and fix my problem.If you have a somewhat poor diet like many of us do haha..this could definately be the case.When at work everyday i would snack on a few pepperoni / beef sticks for lunch or dinner daily and that thick grease killed my gallbladder.If you think this may be the case try and clean up your diet a little and avoid greasy fatty stuff..milk seemed to always piss my gallbladder off the most!
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

You're not the first one, I see it all the time working in the ER.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

This happens a ton more than you think...

Hope all is well
Old 10-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

Glad it isn't your ticker! Hope your heartburn goes away!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
for the same reason we park in a driveway
and drive on a parkway

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote