Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,999
Default Internet won't stay on Facebook. Any Advice on what to do?

I've had this problem since yesterday. I try logging in from my phone and as soon as the page finishes loading or is close to finishing it closes the browser.

Anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?
__________________
Collecting a bunch of stuff, wantlist in progress
Only YOU can prevent stupid arguments.
RIP bballcardkid4, hhmag70
ToppsCollector1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
sd_navarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,163
Default

stop using facebook...

problem solved
__________________
Collecting: John Navarre Auto's
sd_navarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,126
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Are you using the FB App? Or actually on the browser on your phone?
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Grandville, MI
Posts: 1,171
Default

Clear your browser history and cookies, then do a hard reset on the phone.
freeman2jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
JosieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,956
Default

Not sure if phone works the same as an iPod but that always means I have an update that needs downloaded.
__________________
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; #TEAMCONNOR, Mental Health Awareness, St. Jude's Children's Hospital
"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour." ~Author Unknown
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Whodatiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,047
Default

If you're using the app, then that's why.
__________________
addicted36 is my hero!

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Are you using the FB App? Or actually on the browser on your phone?
I'm using the actual browser on the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman2jackson View Post
Clear your browser history and cookies, then do a hard reset on the phone.
If I do that on the iPhone will I lose anything I have on there?
__________________
Collecting a bunch of stuff, wantlist in progress
Only YOU can prevent stupid arguments.
RIP bballcardkid4, hhmag70
ToppsCollector1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppsCollector1 View Post
I'm using the actual browser on the phone



If I do that on the iPhone will I lose anything I have on there?
I believe he means to do a full shut down and restart instead of just sleep and wake up.

But yah, first clear your cookies and cache.

Settings > Safari > clear history, clear cookie and data
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
I believe he means to do a full shut down and restart instead of just sleep and wake up.

But yah, first clear your cookies and cache.

Settings > Safari > clear history, clear cookie and data
I cleared everything turned it off then on and its still doing that
__________________
Collecting a bunch of stuff, wantlist in progress
Only YOU can prevent stupid arguments.
RIP bballcardkid4, hhmag70
ToppsCollector1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppsCollector1 View Post
I cleared everything turned it off then on and its still doing that
seems like this isn't a unique problem:

Facebook crashing safari for Iphone | Help For Beginners

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0


Maybe Facebook hires the same coders as Ebay.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
chipmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: dingleberry lane
Posts: 7,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_navarre View Post
stop using facebook...

problem solved
A man of my own words and convictions
__________________
"I lied about having a son because I am the son that wanted the card."
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
seems like this isn't a unique problem:

Facebook crashing safari for Iphone | Help For Beginners

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0



Maybe Facebook hires the same coders as Ebay.

Well at least I know it isnt a unique problem. Looks like ill be back to using it only on a computer
__________________
Collecting a bunch of stuff, wantlist in progress
Only YOU can prevent stupid arguments.
RIP bballcardkid4, hhmag70
ToppsCollector1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_navarre View Post
stop using facebook...

problem solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
A man of my own words and convictions
I'll never understand the facebook/myspace/twitterbook generation. Don't they understand that anything they put on there is on there forever...for anyone to see...including future employers?

Makes me scratch my head...
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I'll never understand the facebook/myspace/twitterbook generation. Don't they understand that anything they put on there is on there forever...for anyone to see...including future employers?

Makes me scratch my head...
You have to admit though it does make for some GREAT stories every once in a while.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,704
Default

As someone who has hired his fair share of people in his life...yes...yes it does.

I once had a great interview with a 23 year old male. He was perfect for the job. He had it all sewn up and all I needed to do was check his references and do my customary "Google check." His references spoke glowingly about him....his Google check....ehhhh...not so much.

I Googled his name and address and let's just say some disturbing stuff came back at me...including some not so flattering pictures on his Facebook page. Suffice to say he did not get the job....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
You have to admit though it does make for some GREAT stories every once in a while.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach CA
Posts: 6,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
As someone who has hired his fair share of people in his life...yes...yes it does.

I once had a great interview with a 23 year old male. He was perfect for the job. He had it all sewn up and all I needed to do was check his references and do my customary "Google check." His references spoke glowingly about him....his Google check....ehhhh...not so much.

I Googled his name and address and let's just say some disturbing stuff came back at me...including some not so flattering pictures on his Facebook page. Suffice to say he did not get the job....
What came up?
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.